It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police turn backs on New York mayor outside funeral for slain officer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
From the GLOBE AND MAIL

While mourners inside the church applauded politely as Mayor Bill de Blasio spoke, hundreds of officers outside turned their backs on him to protest what they see as his support for demonstrators angry over killings by police.

Police union officials in contentious contract negotiations with the city have faulted de Blasio for showing sympathy to protesters angry over the failure to file charges against the police officers involved in the deaths of Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, and Garner in the New York borough of Staten Island.

I really don't understand what the police union is trying to pull here. The exploitation of these 2 officers deaths by their own brothers is rank.

So, some psycho posts some crap about Brown and Garner before he kills 2 police. Now the police are turning their back on their mayor because he supported the people who protested the Garner decision? So the NYPD are nothing more than dirty politicians??

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

He went overboard when he talked about warning his son about the NYPD for starters. Man sounds like he's got Stockholm Syndrome or something.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be great if, by turning thier backs to him,
they were say'n, we aren't gonna be your thugs anymore?
And you're on your own. All of you!

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well the Mayor doesn't work for the Police, he works for the citizens of New York, & damn right he should be on the side of the people affected by Police brutality instead of the pigs who dish it out.

They've got their heads in the sand, & the fact that they're doing this just adds weight to the argument that even the good cops are bad.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Don't bite to he hand that feeds you. If you side with a thug over those that protect you, what do you expect.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I don't think most people see what's going on here at all.

The cops get thier orders to act like thugs from some where hello?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Maybe the police should not patrol or respond to calls in bad neighborhoods. That would eliminate all the violent confrontations in these areas between police and the public. No confrontations, no police brutality.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I'll wait until I read some more about this story before I comment.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Wouldn't it be great if, by turning thier backs to him,
they were say'n, we aren't gonna be your thugs anymore?
And you're on your own. All of you!

sure would.

Can you imagine?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I don't think most people see what's going on here at all.

I'm not sure how it works entirely, but I'm pretty sure the police get their mandate from the mayor, like what areas and crimes to focus on, but as far as their procedures and tactics, I didn't think the mayor weighed in on that. I cojld be wrong.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Maybe the police should not patrol or respond to calls in bad neighborhoods. That would eliminate all the violent confrontations in these areas between police and the public. No confrontations, no police brutality.

They would probably be sitting on their hands most of the day defending their budget.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mugger

Is eric garner the thug?!

Ya that makes sense.

And the mayor is the hand that feed the police, they are just trying to get that twisted.
edit on thSat, 27 Dec 2014 21:36:41 -0600America/Chicago1220144180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

He went overboard when he talked about warning his son about the NYPD for starters. Man sounds like he's got Stockholm Syndrome or something.

I thought "Stockholm Syndrome" is when one empathizes with their abusers. The abusers in the case are the police, who are throwing a collective tantrum instead of taking constructive criticism and a look in the mirror. They're in denial about their own problems and blaming, who else, the mayor. Classy!

Btw, the mayor was absolutely correct to remind his son that his minority status can make him a statistic. Speaking as a concerned parent to the concerned parents of New York's minority population was a wise move, and good advice for all parents.

edit on 27-12-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I didn't think the mayor weighed in on that. I cojld be wrong.

I certainly wouldn't say that you are. But I imagine the mayor
has enormous pull with the commissioners and chiefs and the brass
even state wide at least. As mayor of new york city. That's why the
cops are pissed. He thru them under the bus and then jumped the
good ship lollipop, in perfect political cutthroat, fashion.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This isn't the first time the police have turned their backs on him.

I find it utterly disrespectful and unprofessional. Especially in this case, as they are protesting at a funeral.

The Mayor has every right to express his concerns and criticisms. The actions of the officers show that they don't really care about us, the public, nor officials such as Mayor Bill de Blasio. They only care about themselves and others in uniform.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

With all due respect...

I don't think anyone teaches them to strangle people to death & then complain that the Mayor would side with the anguished public over such a travesty.

That's all their doing.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ok, I get that. But at least the mayor sees the protesters as constituents. The police seem to believe they are terrorists who should not be bowed to. Tough job being mayor.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mugger
Don't bite to he hand that feeds you. If you side with a thug over those that protect you, what do you expect.

All the other side of that coin is what you have to do to your dog when it bites you!

I think this is hilarious, it just seems the police are just digging there hole deeper and deeper everyday. I'll just sit back and watch it unfold on CNN.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This could all be foreplay for when shtf. The theory could be that theyre creating an us vs them mentality amongst the cops, so when shtf they will side with the puppets.. And they did it by lowering police standards.
edit on 609pm3107000000p86 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Doublepost.
edit on 609pm3102up86 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join