It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half of All Children Will Be Autistic by 2025, Warns Senior Research Scientist at MIT (title)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: theGleep

Seriously, though - this doesn't explain my autistic son who wasn't breast-fed.

He actually was. You just never caught me.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I would not be surprised if this was the case that most humans will become autistic in the future. WE may look at autistic children as lacking however we all know of various stories of children having photographic memory and ability to make amazing calculations in light speed better then a calculator. I would sure say that humans are reaching a point where change is coming where we may look at a autistic child as not what we expect but more of advancement into a intelligent change of the human DNA.

It may take a while for nature to iron out the kinks but soon we could have humans having brilliants minds in everyone not just the few. I have always thought this and I can see slowly this is our evolution.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: projectbane

That's not exactly true. In fact most people on the spectrum test with below average IQ while only about 3% test with above average IQ. Now while it's true that most people with savant syndrome suffer from some learning/developmental disability it's also very rare. So while you could probably argue that most savants are autistic ythere's no way you could argue that most autistics have some form of savant syndrome.

Actually I would disagree. The study you are talking about only involved 75 autistic children.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

There are millions of people in the world with autism and having worked in a city with the local council and so basically saw the number of people with autism who were getting supported to excel at college and university. My experience says over half the people I meet with autism are of average or above average intelligence and this source suggests the same - see point 4.

www.cdc.gov...

Early intervention and increased awareness and support of autism is helping people with the disorder to realise their full potential and it is becoming apparent that although their autism may be a barrier, they are just as intelligent as you or I.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You are ignorant about nature and autism. Lol I'm being nice! Humans are creating autism not nature. Homosexuals would never survive on planet earth. Lack of emotional intelligence, forming relationships etc. social skills are part of natural evolution. Autistics would eventually die out or create such an artificial world with their intelligence. But don't dare say a world of autistics is normal part of evolution. Otherwise you are a clueless moron when it comes to understanding nature and evolution.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink

That's not exactly true. In fact most people on the spectrum test with below average IQ while only about 3% test with above average IQ. Now while it's true that most people with savant syndrome suffer from some learning/developmental disability it's also very rare. So while you could probably argue that most savants are autistic ythere's no way you could argue that most autistics have some form of savant syndrome.

Actually I would disagree. The study you are talking about only involved 75 autistic children.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

There are millions of people in the world with autism and having worked in a city with the local council and so basically saw the number of people with autism who were getting supported to excel at college and university. My experience says over half the people I meet with autism are of average or above average intelligence and this source suggests the same - see point 4.

www.cdc.gov...

Early intervention and increased awareness and support of autism is helping people with the disorder to realise their full potential and it is becoming apparent that although their autism may be a barrier, they are just as intelligent as you or I.

There is a lot more to evolution of the human race than simply intelligence. In fact I'd say as we become more advanced and intelligence we will ultimately sacrifice other aspects of life and eventually kill ourselves off. We still have millions starving to death, we still are cutting down rain forests, we still have cancer, we've created electrosmog pollution, etc. yeah so intelligent we humans are!

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleClassWhiteBoy
You are ignorant about nature and autism. Lol I'm being nice! Humans are creating autism not nature. Homosexuals would never survive on planet earth. Lack of emotional intelligence, forming relationships etc. social skills are part of natural evolution. Autistics would eventually die out or create such an artificial world with their intelligence. But don't dare say a world of autistics is normal part of evolution. Otherwise you are a clueless moron when it comes to understanding nature and evolution.

Or they would advance incredibly due to their abilities greater than ours and not form AS MANY relationships therefore having less children and solving the disastrous problem of our over populated planets.

Also i know your being nice but I know whole families with autism who get along just fine. To say families like theirs would die out is a tad insulting when 2 out of the four in the family hold degrees in computing, mathematics and technology.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: daftpink

I'd rather trust a high functioning autistic person with statistics, engineering problems than trust some neurotypical genius suffering from ego problems that get in the way of true solutions.

The world is doomed, maybe auts can solve some of the problems.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

You seem rather clueless to the whole spectrum of Autism.

There are many degrees of Autism under the umbrella spectrum.

Some behaviors are believed to be inherited. Not everyone needs to fit into the society of the chosen "round hole".

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink

There is a lot more to evolution of the human race than simply intelligence. In fact I'd say as we become more advanced and intelligence we will ultimately sacrifice other aspects of life and eventually kill ourselves off. We still have millions starving to death, we still are cutting down rain forests, we still have cancer, we've created electrosmog pollution, etc. yeah so intelligent we humans are!

You're exactly right of course but based on my experience with people with autism they tend not to be pre-occupied with emotions such as greed and power and corruption and manipulation which are basically at the root of all the problems you mentioned.

Just a thought

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I choose not to fit into this society of round holes. I'm a square peg. A master of facts, organization, poetry, words, etc. Those are my strengths, many auts are good with math and building, or coding.

Many people are surprised to learn auts can be high functioning. It shocks them a person with such limited social skills can know more than them. That's why we're denigrated and told we're not normal. We're a threat to the messed up system.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

yeah i did try to post a reply to another along these lines but it somehow didn't work...

People with autism tend not to be pre-occupied with emotions such as greed, manipulation, corruption and power which can be argued is at the root of all the world's problems.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kushness
Roundup will kill a human just as quickly when enough is ingested. It says poison right on the bottle.

Ok so... when enough of anything ingested will kill you. So don't drink a bottle of it, but when people say parts per million, billion and even trillion will affect you there is a lot of room between drinking a bottle of the stuff and the propaganda.

If the stuff is in our food supply even in minor doses it is going to build up in your body since you have to eat to survive. While it may not kill you right away it will lead to all sorts of detrimental side effects. If a dog eats a little bit of dark chocolate daily he won't die as quick but the side effects of the toxic substance will manifest in the form of disease or sickness. How is this not getting through?

Why do you suggest it builds up? Would not the body get rid of it efficiently, or is it like lead, a heavy metal that the body can not get rid of on its own?

I drink a lot of alcohol and it is basically a poison that the body gets rid of very quickly. This is a lot more than parts per million, and even if I gave my dog a small amount of chocolate every day it would not build up over time to manifest as disease or sickness. This is your wrong assumption, now if you suggest a much larger dosage then I agree, just like 2 glasses of wine everyday will not affect me over the course of my life very much and that is billions of times more ingestion than glyphosate in our food.

Lots of good info there if you really wanted to be more aware on the subject.

Looked it over, so outside of Farmers who deal with vast quantities of the stuff how does this equate to affecting the general population, and even with Farmers it is all speculative.

Our drinking water is regulated at 700 ppb or better. 1 ppb is equal to one pinch of salt in 10 tons
of potato chips.

I can't find anything on whether glyphosate can get into vegetables or fruits, but it would be on the range of ppt. For it to be on the outside we are talking 1 to 20 ppb.

My suggestion is drink filtered/bottle water and wash all vegetable/fruits, and I'm not just talking just about Glyphosate either.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I drink a lot of alcohol...

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Straight water is a little too harsh for me. I drink micro beers ( North West) My local pup has 60 on tap...hehe, or it is wine/scotch no ice. When I go to the gym and at night it is bottle water...

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: Annee

I choose not to fit into this society of round holes. I'm a square peg. A master of facts, organization, poetry, words, etc. Those are my strengths, many auts are good with math and building, or coding.

Many people are surprised to learn auts can be high functioning. It shocks them a person with such limited social skills can know more than them. That's why we're denigrated and told we're not normal. We're a threat to the messed up system.

Then I hope your life is successful from your point of view.

I can honestly say I have evolved through many ideas and life concepts in my 68 years.

I am currently raising my 7 year old grandson who is in the spectrum. Working with the school and his program I am seeing myself. Our particular behaviors seem to be hereditary, as I come from what I refer to as "useless geniuses". Brilliant minds who drive trucks (metaphor).

I see the need for living in both worlds. I see the need for my grandson to learn to focus in a controlled environment and be free to be outside of that. So, I do support early intervention and behavior modification (without drugs).

He is high functioning. He taught himself to read at age 3. He can do adding and subtraction, but does not like numbers. They have him repeating Kindergarten because they believe maturity will help him understand the need to focus on lessons. This is necessary if he chooses higher education. I do advanced work with him at home that he takes in to his teacher.

Anyway, back to why the increase and harmful chemicals. I support the increase is the wider spectrum. We've always had the "dreamers" (and other) -- it just wasn't considered to be a learning disability.

Anything a woman puts in her body will most likely affect her child. Actually, everything in her behaviors, including stress can affect her child. Do I think it's any one particular thing or company? No.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It seems like even the MSM would have to cover this if it were true. I also can't find more than a couple sources on this.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
There does seem to be more and more children with disabilities these days. One has to wonder if its always been this way though, but current studies and tech have helped us identify it a lot better than back in the day.

I remember growing up in the late 70s and 80s and teachers at school used to mistake certain kids for having short attention spans along with odd behavior's as misbehaving and being rude and whatnot.
edit on 29-12-2014 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
There does seem to be more and more children with disabilities these days. One has to wonder if its always been this way though, but current studies and tech have helped us identify it a lot better than back in the day.

I remember growing up in the late 70s and 80s and teachers at school used to mistake certain kids for having short attention spans along with odd behavior's as misbehaving and being rude and whatnot.

Yes they were just hidden away, or since these conditions can accompany physical issues they may even have died without modern hospital care. And also as you say we have better diagnostic tools now too. Some teachers still think ADHD is just an excuse for unruly behaviour, believe me i have witnessed it only 3 years ago.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
ARGH! I forgot to check my post - where I said:

originally posted by: theGleep

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: 727Sky

Is that whats wrong with everybody?

No - just the libs.

I had a fake-html tag to indicate I knew I was being snarky...I must appologize for appearing to actually *MEAN* that liberals are autistic.

(and now my preview button isn't working, so I won't know if this one's what I wanted, either

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Part of it could be that autism like ADHD is greatly over diagnosed. Little kids are sometimes painfully shy. Parents don't want to hear their kid is a social misfit so bam, the kids autistic can't help his social ineptitude. Kid can't or won't sit still in class, is disruptive, parents don't want to hear their kid is a rotten brat bam ADHD, kid can't help he's a brat. reply to: KnightLight

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join