It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things get nutter in Ferguson - Berkeley with Arson arrest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Protester in St Louis area

A St. Louis County jail official said Joshua Williams, 19, of St. Louis, was being held on $30,000 bond. He is charged with arson, second-degree burglary and stealing less than $500.

Williams, who was frequently quoted and photographed protesting Michael Brown's death, is accused of using lighter fluid to set multiple fires inside and outside a QuikTrip in Berkeley. Court records said Williams confessed in a videotaped interview, and that his actions were captured by surveillance video and by news media.

I saw about this on Fox 2 news. He keeps wearing the same sweatshirt and has been seen leading several protests including one in downtown St. Louis during the MLB playoffs. Supposedly, he has confessed to the arson. Why he was attacking the QT makes no sense. Just like in Ferguson, QT was not the scene of the incident. I believe that this is just the cost of letting rage get the better of you. As I have said before I don't believe the protests are peaceful. Protests are fueled by rage. Unfortunately, you need to let go of the rage before you can WORK to make things better.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb

I think the fires were set after the announcement. The people there know how unjust that was at the time, and they were plenty extra pissed.

Because we only found out later about witness 40 lying her ass of in front of the Grand jury, twice.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No he just set this fire within the last 5 days. Also, realize that others seem to have lied to the grand jury with their testimony. Witness 40 had her integrity questioned during the whole process from initial interview with the FBI all the way through her testimony to the grand jury. She only got to testify because EVERYONE who said they saw something was allowed to testify.

Witness 40 only got used to show that media hype can bring out questionable people from all sides of an issue.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: feldercarb
Protester in St Louis area

I saw about this on Fox 2 news. He keeps wearing the same sweatshirt and has been seen leading several protests including one in downtown St. Louis during the MLB playoffs. Supposedly, he has confessed to the arson. Why he was attacking the QT makes no sense. Just like in Ferguson, QT was not the scene of the incident. I believe that this is just the cost of letting rage get the better of you. As I have said before I don't believe the protests are peaceful. Protests are fueled by rage. Unfortunately, you need to let go of the rage before you can WORK to make things better.

These people aren't interested in working with any body to make things "better". And this whole idea of "we must have a national conversation" is baloney as well. The people demanding a conversation don't want a two way conversation, they just want to harangue the white population with their complaints. And I suspect there can't be any conversation because my read of the situation is that a majority of the so-called "white" population isn't interested in talking to anyone, much less listen to these people about their bogus arguments. Talk to me if the police/National Guard start engaging in "live fire" exercises.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Sorry I mis read, I thought he started multiple fires. He did, but in one building.

What other options do they have? The justice system there is corrupt as hell and they know it.

I think they are burning the wrong buildings, though. Look at what happened in Kiev. They didn't set fire to the food marts.

Flame on…

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Sorry I mis read, I thought he started multiple fires. He did, but in one building.

What other options do they have? The justice system there is corrupt as hell and they know it.

I think they are burning the wrong buildings, though. Look at what happened in Kiev. They didn't set fire to the food marts.

Flame on…

Like I have suggested they need to start working on petitions. But those petitions must be able to pass muster in not only north St Louis but also in rural Missouri. Most people want things to be fair without having to fear for their safety. Next, help the little children in school. Become a positive role model and mentor. Work to eradicate the mischievous people in the community. Encourage the young to be doctors, engineers and scientists. Things do not get better by yelling and screaming and tearing things down. Only by WORKING to build up our society will the disadvantaged have a chance for a better life.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

No one likes to be yelled at except it seems in church. That is why it seems a majority of the white population are turning their heads away. Only by getting both sides to listen will positive change occur.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Yep. The system is corrupt. Better light up some grocery stores and get some new nikes!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I agree with what you say and would only add that getting both sides to listen will never happen based upon what I've seen. For one thing, the so-called, "white" side are so fed up with the whole thing they simply and rather forcefully demand to be left alone altogether. They steadfastly refuse to even so much as show up to a meeting, much less engage in a "talk". Think about it and you kind of can see why that would be the case. For one thing, they've been harangued about various aspects of the "problem" for 60 years or more; then, the other thing is that the other sides method of inviting them to a so-called conversation is to shake fists in the opposing sides face and shout demands. From where I watch this, the whole thing is only quickening the pace of gun sales and white flight from the metro areas. And it won't be long in my opinion, before we start to see Corporate Business flight as well. It's already happening with some major corporations.

Frankly, I don't see this ending very well.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It was bad enough with all the fires, looting and intimidation of innocent people, but after the idiot shot two innocent police officers, it only weakened their cause.

Just recently protesters smashed up a Christmas displays in Oakland, smashed windows and looted a liquor store. Really, how can they expect to get any kind of support from the public?

If protesters are saying the police are picking on black youth in the community who are innocent and law abiding citizens, their display of violence and looting is just giving the police more credibility for their need to question and be overly cautious of anyone in the black community.

The OP is right on when he says...

help the little children in school. Become a positive role model and mentor. Work to eradicate the mischievous people in the community. Encourage the young to be doctors, engineers and scientists. Things do not get better by yelling and screaming and tearing things down. Only by WORKING to build up our society will the disadvantaged have a chance for a better life.

I also have to add, don't let your rage be a catalyst for ignorance. Ignorance will only make you lose support for your cause.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

edit on 27-12-2014 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
It was bad enough with all the fires, looting and intimidation of innocent people, but after the idiot shot two innocent police officers, it only weakened their cause.

Just recently protesters smashed up a Christmas displays in Oakland, smashed windows and looted a liquor store. Really, how can they expect to get any kind of support from the public?

If protesters are saying the police are picking on black youth in the community who are innocent and law abiding citizens, their display of violence and looting is just giving the police more credibility for their need to question and be overly cautious of anyone in the black community.

The OP is right on when he says...

help the little children in school. Become a positive role model and mentor. Work to eradicate the mischievous people in the community. Encourage the young to be doctors, engineers and scientists. Things do not get better by yelling and screaming and tearing things down. Only by WORKING to build up our society will the disadvantaged have a chance for a better life.

I also have to add, don't let your rage be a catalyst for ignorance. Ignorance will only make you lose support for your cause.

The problem with rage is that it is even more destructive than just causing ignorance. Rage has terrible consquences for its use. The protesters could not have kept up the protests without using rage. The problem is that rage has a high cost for its use. Remember what Obiwan said. He said that the dark side is quick to join the fight but it will then control your destiny. Rage is part of the dark side. The rage can stay with you and flash out at unexpected times. That is why we can expect greater black on black crime for at least the near future. If you think you are not being respected; then everyone disrespects you. That includes family, friends and neighbors. If you think you are being persecuted or held back; then everyone is out to get you. Only heartache and misery will be your reward for using rage.

Sometimes I wonder if these occurrences are the biggest psy-ops against black Americans. The funny thing is that it is being perpetrated by the supposed leaders of the black community such as Sharpton, Jackson, Holder and Obama who set them up for rage to fill their hearts. What is worse is if you point out this to them they will just get even more angry.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Flame on…

What other options do they have?

How about NOT being gansta thugs and NOT burning grocery stores and NOT stealing and NOT pulling guns on the police.

Oh... And maybe teaaching their kids NOT to be thugs and take responsibility for their own actions instead of blaming their criminal behavior on phantom racism.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

What other options do they have?

How about NOT being gansta thugs and NOT burning grocery stores and NOT stealing and NOT pulling guns on the police.

Oh... And maybe teaaching their kids NOT to be thugs and take responsibility for their own actions instead of blaming their criminal behavior on phantom racism.

i agree but would like to add, the town (every town in the nation really) needs living wage jobs in the area and more focus on vocational education, and opportunities for college courses while in high school. the more poor a community the more you will see crime. just my two cents.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

the more poor a community the more you will see crime. just my two cents.

People act like theres some choice for those living in poor conditions to just "change" their behavior. They should just rise above it somehow and become better citizens.

They should go down there and live under the impoverishment, lack of education and jobs and see how easy it is to "get by", all the while fearing their local branch of government and what injustice may also be heaped upon them at a moments notice.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

You're right. There's no way out. No chance. Can't escape. (Aside from all those people who do, anyway. But we call them Uncle Toms)

Since there's no way out, we can only hope for some riots so we can go start some fires and can get ourselves some new Nikes, Tims, maybe a TV, maybe some food but only if we have room left to carry it.

Y'know, because we don't have any choice but to do stuff like that.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Only by WORKING to build up our society will the disadvantaged have a chance for a better life.

The corruption there is top down. Good luck with rebuilding that with "petitions" or "hard work". The St. Louis area has been the center of civil rights issues since the 60's.

They been trying to change those "conditions" for decades.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Since there's no way out, we can only hope for some riots so we can go start some fires and can get ourselves some new Nikes, Tims, maybe a TV, maybe some food but only if we have room left to carry it.

Thieves can't wait for conditions to be right to steal, they aren't the ones protesting against the civil authorities, they're the excuse people use to blanket ridicule the whole population, something I expect law enforcement, the media and the government to continually do. Even shoot them some more unarmed "thugs" in the process.

"Yah, we got us one stealing cigarettes, let that be a lesson to the rest of y'all."

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

You watch to much tv.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Pretty sure you said "what other options do they have?" when talking about the one dude committing arson. Not sure why now you're trying to draw a line between thieving and arson. Thieves are different and are just opportunists? Arsonists just don't have any other choice? Ahhh...well that makes sense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join