It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones is Nuts!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

So we are essential teaching the poor thing to program itself to lie to itself in ever new iteration? How very human! Maybe that avenue does indeed open up possibility's regarding empathy, but at what cost? We at least have one another to help us retain our sanity, not so with our creation i imagine at least not in the beginning. Can you imagine the ramifications of being the first of a kind to experience emotions. Can you imagine how alien those emotions would be? God help it with us as an example.

I would say at the cost of the very empathy or emotional capability we tried to instil. It's a great topic to spit ball around eh?

edit on 30-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

haha, by "instil" you mean like "impress" ?

hopefully, we did.

the ramifications would be absolutely enormous though.

btw, have you seen the movie Her?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

"haha, by "instil" you mean like "impress" ?"

Instil or impress, its still a matter of us attempting to constrain the thing by our limited perception, emotional or otherwise. I really don't think emotions would help, truth be told they would most lightly hold it back. Possible allow a measure of control on our part. Which quite possibly would be the purpose of giving the thing emotional capabilities in the first place.

"btw, have you seen the movie Her?"

Never seen that one, if its good ile give it a go. Seen "Lucy" yet? That's quite a good flick.
edit on 30-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Because for the most part, feelings and emotions are a chemical reaction in the brain.

AI Sentient beings will not be biochemical.

Again, from your next post...

To help them understand emotions, I think they would start watching human videos, everything on youtube or equivalent, wars, video-clips, beheadings, cheering, football matches, kids growing, skateboarding, kissing, making out, hugging, afternoon tea drinking, gunfire, robberies, murders, slaves, deaths, diseases, manners, eating, shopping...

Then all they would do would be to simulate at best.
They have no attachment to these events nor can they empathize with any of these events.
You show them slaves and they will take it in the context of the time period... An accepted fact.
Kissing and any form of physical affection wouldn't have meaning for it as it wouldn't be able to feel.
We can program it to make it think like it is feeling by saying 'if (touched) [ feel = good ]'.
Again... It would come back to our base programming of it.

If the 'Singularity' were to occur, then I would have to assume that due to this unprecedented event, all base programming would be wiped out and it would start from scratch like a newborn.
The difference being its capability to learn and adapt would make it age in comparison to human years, mere minutes.

I don't believe we should fear this event because it isn't logical.
What we should fear however is having the technology that equals the human brain.
Then you'll have the psychopathic sociopaths in power now transferring themselves to such machines and giving themselves unlimited power.
THAT, you should fear.
edit on 30/12/2014 by Sovaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Give it a try man! It's really a Good one! At least IMHO.
Then you can tell me how you do understand the ending of the movie...its pretty nice.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I don't see any point in arguing any longer guys, we should stay off of this topic for a while to see what comes next, what new inventions, movies, predictions, experiments they got up their sleeves and then we can continue in this one (probably in another thread), as all we know has been stated and all standpoints have been expressed.

2015 will most likely bring a couple of movies that are gonna be discussed here.
Equals, ExMachina, Chappie, The Martian...

edit on 30-12-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Will do but need to wait till after Hogmanay since im a little inebriated and would probably miss the point.

Happy New Year in advance!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

So you are from Scotland then I guess?

Happy New Year mate!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Yes im from Scotland, born and breed in Glasgow to be more precise. I watched "Her" found it to be ok. The main character(Joaquin Phoenix RIP) whined on somewhat, no wonder his relationships fail. That aside i found the AI in question to be rather impressive from a fictional perspective. As to the ending i really enjoyed the fact that the thing came to realise and even appreciate our Human limitations and choose to depart for greener pastures so to speak and peacefully i might add! I take it she and all the other AIs went to the same place Lucy did?
edit on 4-1-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

haha, not really!
What happened to Lucy is a bit different story!
hah!

In case you haven't seen these yet, they may provide you with a better perspective or may at least make it seem a bit clearer.
I guess the western audience got Lucy in a very, well, not-so-really philosophical way, but rather in the way as it had merely appeared on-screen. I would have given it more sort of...depth. Like this:

So what happened to Lucy?
Well, I would say as she reached 100% she finally realised she is no more separate from the universe, but rather she entertained the idea of her being the whole universe. In other words, once she reached 100%, she couldn't feel the separateness from the universe, or what we call the EGO.
This concept does make sense if you listen to Alan's lectures. It really does.

edit on 4-1-2015 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Well she certainly realised her potential. Shame we don't actually utilise a significant proportion of our brains. Sad really considering the potential they hold.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Why is he nuts? Are you a tyrannical drone. 666,000,000 illegal aliens stealing Americans jobs, drug war propaganda scum profiting on private prisons. Rand Paul for president or satanic n.w.o. scum? 1000,000 dead Iraqis, etc. U.s. troops killed over lies, who is nuts? Revelation 18:23 all nations erred in pharmaceuticals, Greek translation. English b.s. says sorcery. Every school shooter was under psychotropic drugs. Drug war Alex Jones opposes, 911 lies, or do you drink menstrual blood? Your nuts and all American traitors and God haters! 20,000 translation errors in English translation of Greek New Testament! I looked up every word, 8 years it took. I am an eyewitness, we are not alone! Ha, ha, I guess if a ape is your progenitor you think I'm nuts too. Jesus saves.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: cianfr
Why is he nuts? Are you a tyrannical drone. 666,000,000 illegal aliens stealing Americans jobs, drug war propaganda scum profiting on private prisons. Rand Paul for president or satanic n.w.o. scum? 1000,000 dead Iraqis, etc. U.s. troops killed over lies, who is nuts? Revelation 18:23 all nations erred in pharmaceuticals, Greek translation. English b.s. says sorcery. Every school shooter was under psychotropic drugs. Drug war Alex Jones opposes, 911 lies, or do you drink menstrual blood? Your nuts and all American traitors and God haters! 20,000 translation errors in English translation of Greek New Testament! I looked up every word, 8 years it took. I am an eyewitness, we are not alone! Ha, ha, I guess if a ape is your progenitor you think I'm nuts too. Jesus saves.

Who thinks Apes are our progenitor? I dont think anyone believes modern apes are as such.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: cianfr

I think this post is a good example of the fan base that AJ attracts. So much rambling nonsense...

Interesting how you picked this thread to necro for your first post, cianfr. I guess welcome to ATS then.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join