It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Leaked A Massive List Of Passwords And Credit Card Numbers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
People in this thread acting like Anon had some sort of agenda or moral code or that they were the good guys, or even the bad guys don't understand what Anon is.

Anon is a banner; Anyone can claim to be Anon and do things in the name of Anon, there is no Council of Anon that makes decisions on who to hack or what data to release, they are not a group of people. This is like an American tourist killing someone in China and everyone claiming America is waging war on China.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lichter daraus

Mood: lovingKole27
Member was on ATS
12 minutes ago
1,923 27
1,840 14 15

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:05 PM

link quote reply

I dont think this was really anon, at least I hope not. Isnt there a new anon member on here, go message him get some answers.

Peace

wont get any answers from him.
As he often repeats the same old same old
ANON Is Anonymous even amongst themselves.

There is no hirechy no command structure
The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing .

They print no mission statements and depending on how the wind blows .
Wil
take credit for what they consider positive PR.
And deny all knowlage if the shirt hits the fan.

Plausable deniability is easy if you are anonymous,

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Ill hope that those are from corrupt bankers, politicians insurance companies and other crooks that have killed the economy. If so I say lets party !!!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
People in this thread acting like Anon had some sort of agenda or moral code or that they were the good guys, or even the bad guys don't understand what Anon is.

Anon is a banner; Anyone can claim to be Anon and do things in the name of Anon, there is no Council of Anon that makes decisions on who to hack or what data to release, they are not a group of people. This is like an American tourist killing someone in China and everyone claiming America is waging war on China.

I thought that anon stood for justice where justice was being denied. That was my idea of anon.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Hackers Anarchists blah blah blah
They just propagate the myth of the armchair warriors over an over
An on An on An on An on they go typing on there keyboards whilst the world goes to hell in a hand basket.
An its not even a flame resistant basket.

An on An on AN ON AN ON THEY TYPE.

sORRY COULDNT RESIST I KNOW I DO GO ON aN ON aN ON aN ON.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ecossiepossie
a reply to: Jonjonj

Hackers Anarchists blah blah blah
They just propagate the myth of the armchair warriors over an over
An on An on An on An on they go typing on there keyboards whilst the world goes to hell in a hand basket.
An its not even a flame resistant basket.

An on An on AN ON AN ON THEY TYPE.

sORRY COULDNT RESIST I KNOW I DO GO ON aN ON aN ON aN ON.

You can go On and On AnD oN but the reality is who is doing this? Not those who it would seem were to blame for sue.

edit on 27-12-2014 by Jonjonj because: placement

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Thanks for posting this. I went and changed my password in my account. I also checked to make sure nobody had gone in there and ordered a bunch of stuff.

I don't think Anonymous was responsible for this. It doesn't seem to be how they roll.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Just another reason not to trust anything on line.

No security is fool proof, or criminal proof.

*sigh* Just another example of how dark our world is becoming. All this over a frickin' movie? Seriously? Grow the Hell up, children. Grow the Hell up.

Ruin peoples Christmas by hacking gaming sites? Movie sites? Oh, yeah, that'll teach 'em...

Just too stupid for words... Or very many, anyway.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It'll be totally someone else's fault when they totally dick us in the end game. Plausible deniability.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Are these lonely nerds so bored that they have nothing to do but mess with honest peoples lives ?

Just for the lulz ?

They should be exposed and a letter sent to their parents so they have their computer and video games taken away so maybe theyll be forced to go outside and have sonething resembling a real life.

Computers are not real friends, just because you dont have a life doesnt mean you have to mess with people who do.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This idiocy is going to ruin our economy.

The list of 13,000 may be just the accounts revealed so far. We can't know if they are also selling other lists.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

The list of 13,000 may be just the accounts revealed so far. We can't know if they are also selling other lists.

If you think about it, it's rather a good way to get people to actually think about the economy. My money is held by a bank. The bank assures me it's safe. Erm...my money isn't safe...ergo the banks aren't safe...ergo the economy is false and...lol.
edit on 27-12-2014 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

edit on 12/28/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
a reply to: lostbook

"claiming affiliation with Anonymous"

I can claim many things as well.

Doesn't mean I'm guilty of it.

Anyone...Govt, individual, Alphabet agencies, foreign interests, corporations who want to Discredit Anon might attempt to claim anything in their name.

Common tactic.

Peace

agreed...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I'm not saying if this release of information was right or wrong, need more details on the why but it's not entirely bad as is. It sucks for people who will have to deal with fraudulent charges, I think we've all been there but ask yourself this: These systems were so insecure that a group managed to hack a large number of them at a specific time. That means you need a reliable way in. As is typical in hacks that are trying to improve security they forced those vulnerable to change their information, and posted the exploit publicly so that the company can/will fix it. Lets say this group were a bit more malicious and didn't release their information, only hacked for credit card numbers and passwords for their own use. How much damage would be caused?

originally posted by: BlueAjah

The idiocy in using insecure systems because they're more cost effective, is going to do way more damage in the long run. Just look at Sony. The NSA is directly responsible for that hack, they knew about the exploit but never published it so that they could use it against foreign powers one day.
edit on 28-12-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Has anyone considered the plausibility of Anonymous being another CIA group? Maybe NSA or DIA, just being used as another tool to wreak enough havoc to 'justify' the full regulation of the web? I'll admit, I was enchanted by the idea of Anonymous at first. But, by their hidden nature, they leave too much room for 'manipulation'. The idea of secret tech-ninja heroes is just too perfect for us and too damned useful for TPTB.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Anonymous apologists: when Anon screws up, they blame the gov.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Well, it seems that Anonymous is up to it again, ...

They are idiots. Plain and simple. Just a bunch of morons in their parents basements doing illegal things on computers and wearing absurd masks while they run around and shout at cops. I'm exceptionally unimpressed with 'anonymous'. Losers.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
I don't think Anonymous was responsible for this. It doesn't seem to be how they roll.

They have no real central authority nor do they have any solid kind of code of conduct or code of ethics to follow. Can anonymous even be called an organization? Considering how wide open it is, and these people claim to be part of it, then they are indeed part of it. Anyone can be. Anyone can claim 'membership' since there is no real membership roll call to speak of.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I was within some shards of Anonymous in the past myself, so I might share a little of what happened.

The main hacking sub group had started to be infiltrated back then (most of Anonymous is law obeying).
Some people became like pack leaders by simply yelling out their goals repeatedly.
Usually those guys simply claimed together organisation xy would be evil for a random reason and the hacker loving mass used the tool IONcannon given to them to attack any given site.

As you can hear from the name "for the lulz", these are very affected by trolls, which are very common within Anonymous, who never brought constructive logics against the system, but rather the opposite.
The mass even listened to the infiltrators yelling out weird reasons to attack another shard from Anonymous which was actually organized against the oppressing system at the same time at which it was under attack by the FBI.

Of course, there are always also people just saying they are Anonymous.
The noisy mass of the Anonymous leftovers does not like that, no matter if it was qualitative or not.

Taking and releasing lists of logins was not rare in the past. But it was rather of government bodies, secret organizations and those messing with them, taking countermeasures against Anonymous, not of civilians.

Anonymous was actually so unorganized that each time something like this official hack happened they wondered.. was that us?
edit on 28-12-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join