It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EBay has a boom of sales of images on toast!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
After the half eaten cheese sandwich with the image of the Virgin Mary was sold for $28 000 earlier this year there seems to be a new avenue for entrepreneurs on eBay - the sale of images on toasted bread. Some are obviously just intended to be humorous like the Joe Pasquale face toast, others are passing themselves off as art with images of John Lennon and Elvis, and yet other try to pass their slices of toast as the work of aliens. I am not sure anybody is going to buy the slice of toast with the image of an alien with an opening bid of $1 000 but what did P T Barnum say again? There's a sucker born every minute?

"ALIEN HEAD on my toast RARE wierd ALIEN TOAST LOOK WOW
No Reserve, Help me figure out this! UNBELIEVABLE WOW"

"I am a world renown psychic medium who has over 20 years experience helping people. I was coming home from a late visit with a client and hadnt had much to eat that night. I seen my wife was sleeping so I decided to have a piece of toast. There was one piece of bread left so I decided to eat it and popped it in the toaster. About 3 seconds after I pressed it down, I see a huge flash and blanked out. When I came to, I felt real wierd and then the toaster popped and I seen this image. I do not know what the hell it is and am freaked out about this. This all happened about a week ago and I swear the facial expression changes daily. With recent notice to the grilled cheese virgin mary and other paranormal items, I decide to list this item and hopefully someone can figure it out. I see a Alien face and neck along with a small circular almost crop field like symbol! Run the tests you need to run. That is the only condition, when you bid it must be in scientific exploration, this could be in the Smithsonian someday, if it’s truly proven. I also am able to go on tv or radio and discuss this issue!

Item also comes with the black plate I laid it on!"

cgi.ebay.com...

Toast of Lennon.
cgi.ebay.com...

Slice of toast has Joe Pasquale's face
www.ananova.com...

[edit on 13-12-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
New meaning to the age old standby of the Army- SOS. How can anyone be so stupid? The last relevant thing seen on a piece of bread was by Dr. Alexander Fleming in 1928. Unless they have that particular slice, save your money.

Carry on.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

New meaning to the age old standby of the Army- SOS. How can anyone be so stupid? The last relevant thing seen on a piece of bread was by Dr. Alexander Fleming in 1928. Unless they have that particular slice, save your money.

Well said Major! Penecillin, darn good stuff!

I have to tell you, I think I'm gonna start toasting a whole lot of bread!

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I would buy the alien one if it was a little cheaper lol dont want to spend that much for a slice of bread

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
damn!!! I knew I shouldn't have ate that piece of toast with Buddha on it, this morning, but I was just so hungry

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Way cool! I saw a HelloKitty toaster for sell recently in a local drug-deparment store. It mysteriously made the face of HelloKitty in your toast. I contemplaited if my 31 year old daughter would like one, she loved HelloKitty as a child; but then, I have been trying to talk her into trying a lo-carb diet. So much for the toaster!

Aliens in toast...religious images in toast???

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I just looked at the other items for sale by the Alien Toast owner who says she/he is a reknowned psychic and in the second listing offers a psychic reading stating a 100% accuracy rating (is this South Beach Psychic now available on eBay?) and offers double your money back if not satisfied?

"THERE IS A REASON YOU ARE READING THIS!

Something or Someone in your life has lead you here! The search is over my friend! I am here to help you! I am worldly known as Ru the Sorcerer and have over 20 years experience in the field of psychic mediumship and anything related. From Alchemy to Zodiac signs, career to love relationshipes, I have been and continue to be one of the world's greatest magicians and psychic medium's! I dont mess around and you will get 100% ACCURATE results GUARANTEED! When I was 16 I got into a horrible car accident and no one could believe I made it out alive. The car was completely smashed and I hit my head pretty hard but emerged fine with just a few scratches....after about a week or so I started hearing noices and soon voices and about a month after the accident I started seeing things. People would tell me Im crazy but I learned to use my abilities to help others and in the process understand myself. I can communicate with departed loved ones, scry using black mirrors, crystal balls, and bowls, perform spells, locate things, predict the future, etc. and I have and continue to be compared with the likes of other great Mediums such as Sylvia Browne and John Edward. I have helped people all over the world and now am offering my services and abilities over the net. I usually have a tendency to give to much information and am very straight to the point. I will make sure you are satisfied or DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK! "

cgi.ebay.com...

Obviously people aren't rushing to his/her door as the current bid on "unlimited questions" is $4.94

Does this person actually believe they have an alien slice of toast?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
what is the world coming too? i hope you're just lookin on ebay for entertainment purposes.. if not... wow.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Wow...like, I have bought many things on e-bay and have earned a high rating. Some of the things I have bought are hard to find items and other things necessary, like water filters, others were just for fun. Nothing wrong with e-bay

E-bay searches can be just as much fun or even more entertaining than a google search!

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Wow, you can find anything on ebay!!

If she could just tell me the winning lotto numbers.....but then why would she need to sell stuff on ebay??? Darn....

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I better start thinking about something to sell on E-bay before someone beat me to it.

This country is so full of vulnerable and naive people that is not funny. Sad that predators feed on the faith and believe of the others and that is OK in our society moraly aceptable.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
damn!!! I knew I shouldn't have ate that piece of toast with Buddha on it, this morning, but I was just so hungry

It's probably ok, buddah didn't mind

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I agree Buddha definitly didn't mind, you killed a false buddha....on the other hand, I guess the buddha is really in you now...

namaste,

bentov

new topics

top topics

join