It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrants get warning on driver's licenses

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

While tens of thousands of immigrants living in the United States illegally are preparing to apply for a long-sought driver's license in California starting Jan. 2, others are being urged to think twice.

Immigrant advocates say the vast majority should be able to get licenses without trouble, but they want anyone who previously obtained a driver's license under a false name or someone else's Social Security number to speak first with a lawyer, fearing a new application could trigger a fraud investigation.

The same applies to immigrants with a prior deportation order or criminal record because federal immigration officials and law enforcement can access Department of Motor Vehicles data during an investigation.

Immigrants get warning on driver's licenses

So let me get this straight. We’re giving illegal aliens privileges that should only be given to citizens or people who are here legally. So basically rewarding people for breaking the law. Then were going to go and warn them that if they already obtained a license through fradulent means they should seek legal councle because they could get in legal trouble. Well no SH*T. Why give drivers licenses to people who have proven they will not obey US laws?

SMH..........

WOW! I would of thought that being in this country illegally would be reason enough to arrest and deport.

Seems like being an illegal alien is better than being a citizen in some ways. You get to vote. You dont have to pay income tax. You get Medicare and medicade. Drop a couple anchor babies and get free money from the government and housing. I mean where is the incentive to even become a citizen if we give them all the privileges anyway.

Just to clear the air I am all for immigration. As long as its done the right way.
edit on 27-12-2014 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Why give drivers licenses to people who have proven they will not obey US laws?

So you think anyone who has violated a US law should not be permitted to hold a license?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

They can also deport them.

Illegal shows up to DMV to confess their "illegitimate" status…

with a "home" address.

If I was them I'd think twice, too. Like registering all the guns, its just to know where they are.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

So you think anyone who has violated a US law should not be permitted to hold a license?

I guess we just need to stop using the term

illegal alien

When we say this we automatically think not legal, meaning not legal!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Well that depends on what law or laws you have broken. If you get into 10 wrecks a year all your fault because you were not obeying traffic laws then yeah you should not be permitted to hold a drivers license. Buy a bus pass.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Sounds like a pretty extreme system to be honest. I dont want to loose my drivers license for connecting to an unsecured wifi connection.

edit on 27-12-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
when did they get to vote??

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: blkcwbyhat

When they took your jobs??

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo
I'm not a landscaper or a tree trimmer! Seriously,I'd prefer to see them get a lisence,as then we know a little about them,then they have to buy insurance.That gives a little bit more info about them.A degree of some traceability.And it will give america's fav sheriff a reason to pull them over!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: blkcwbyhat

Heh, yeah me too, im all for anyone having a license, most illegal immigrants in America pay taxes anyway so doesnt really bother me if they have a license or not. Makes sense, as you say, traceability, insurance generaly just safer that way, makes sense, would probably encourage more people to buy cars too.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I don't care one way or the other if they get a license. I do however feel a little angry about all the hoops I had to jump through to get mine. Birth certificate, (mother's copy which I had to pay $30 to have mailed to me), SS card, utility letter, and mail. All that with an old drivers license! I was just renewing mine! Ugh, what do they have to show to get theirs?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: blkcwbyhat

When the liberal lobby said that you do not need an ID to vote in this country!

The double standard in this country by sniveling soft headed morons is constantly a splinter in time old standards of logic and reason….

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: blkcwbyhat

Here you go.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

HA.....HA.....HA.......This is why the progressive liberal agenda always fails. They do not see the bigger picture and just because it sounds good on paper does not mean it will work in real life.

Do not grant them anything...........Nothing. Let them go back home and do things the right way. And if they broke the law the first time around do not let them in. Many honest hard working Mexicans are trying to do things the right way and are waiting and following the laws.......Help them.

Progressives ideals are failures waiting to unfold. These ideals are ruining the schooling systems and governments around the world. They are sadly even ruining households as parents buy into the lie and than wonder why they are living with adult children at home.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

Exactly how do we even know who these people are they could be child molesters in their home country. But show up at our door and we give you a license with whatever name you want on it. Juan child molester now becomes John Doe.

I sell insurance for a major company here in the US and I can personally tell you that even though they might be able to obtain a drivers license they will not be able to obtain insurance. You need a Social security number to purchase insurance (from almost every company) and the companies that dont require a social will want so much money they wont be able to afford it nor will they want to pay it. Then there just going to do what they do best mooch of the government and demand insurance from the state. Or just drive uninsured.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Sounds like a pretty extreme system to be honest. I dont want to loose my drivers license for connecting to an unsecured wifi connection.

Dude are you trying to be funny or are you just dumb? Obviously the punishment has to fit the crime. Connecting to an unsecure wifi would not and should not cause you to lose your license. Unless you don’t pay your fines then it will get suspended. But committing several violations while in a vehicle depending on the severity of the offence can and should cause you to lose driving privileges. How is that hard to understand? Driving is not a right it’s a privilege and illegal aliens do not have the right or the privilege to even be in this country in the first place.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

How is that hard to understand?

Because you say things like this.

or are you just dumb?

Then there just going to do what they do best mooch of the government

lol

edit on 27-12-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Hey man great job presenting your side and contributing good input and opposing views on this thread. I really enjoyed our conversation and look forward to many more conversations that will lead to critical thinking and common ground between us.

Ya Wanker.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
What if this is part of a bigger plan? Consider this. How would one keep track of all those illegals? Really this would make it alot easier to track them down, round them up and deport them would it not? Just a thought. a reply to: PraetorianAZ

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nonameworks
What if this is part of a bigger plan? Consider this. How would one keep track of all those illegals? Really this would make it alot easier to track them down, round them up and deport them would it not? Just a thought. a reply to: PraetorianAZ

I could see it being used that way maybe.. I just dont really think it fits the agenda here in America of gutting and backrupting the middle class.

Right now our Government seems more intent on letting in as many illegals as possible then granting them amnesty and turning the rest of America in to a 3rd world country. Why else would they be chartering them all over the US and giving them licenses. These are future drones of the communist nation that will rise out of the once proud America. They know that real Americans know better and will fight to preserve there freedoms. These illegals wouldnt dare to bite the hand that feeds them because they know exactly what that would mean. Its all about drowning out the old proud Americans and replace them with uneducated easily influenced poverty stricken drones. Thats just my opinion. I hope im wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join