It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd/Disturbing personal experience - Would appreciate your help

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: wulff
a reply to: Bagel
Did you bring enough drugs for everyone???
Just joking of course, I suggest reading about full-sized 4-engine military aircraft in the Bermuda Triangle was moved 100's of miles and hours off course and the people on the ground (military personnel no less!) couldn't explain it! Also, fuel that should have been burned during those hours weren't!
I am starting to believe things I used to laugh about like parallel universe, have you considered that?

Llet us know if you experience any other 'time slips' and thanks for having the guts to share!

I have read, more than a few times, that new timelines are created at every single moment of our lives. timelines where you went left instead of right, chose A instead of B etc. Would a separate timeline not be a parallel universe? I can only think of these as abstract concepts, I have to go away and do my homework on this.

thanks for understanding, I hope I do get to experience another one. If Im extra lucky I might have a passenger to back up my story.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

thanks for your reply, your post just reminded me of a story a friend once told me.
It was very similar to yours, she was driving and found herself in a situation where collision was imminent, yet somehow it was avoided.
I never took her seriously... now I think I may give her a call tomorrow

the police activity could have been for anything really, there really isn't much chance of finding out more about it.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
A buddy of mine once asked me if I have ever "three-timed."
He described the perception of walking from one room into another room.
And then being startled at finding himself walking into the same room again.
And then perceiving the same thing again before reality started clicking properly.
He said it has happened to him more than once and described it as God's record player skipping.

I have never heard of the term three timing, but have heard accounts of it. Felonius posted about a similar case.
the matrix scene with the black cat comes to mind now.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: betty

This is an extremely important experience... for you. Do not write it off, explain it away, or forget it.

Best wishes.

This happens to me, after I've worked a long shift, all the time. I call it drive-dreaming. The car that cut you off probably woke you up, so to speak. It seems to happen more on the freeway than regular roads...For me anyway.

I doubt it's an extremely important experience, a time slip, or anything else. I can literally forget 95% of my drive home and all of a sudden find myself at my exit.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

neg.

i'm used to weird things like that. Lots of stories on 80.

On i30 just north of there (going over Lake Ray Hubbard), missing time is common.

Nothing else seemed amiss.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

This guy has been studying the Rockwall for a bit. John Lindsey has done a tone. I suggest listening.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been asked, but were there any storms in the area that night?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bagel
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

thanks for your reply, your post just reminded me of a story a friend once told me.
It was very similar to yours, she was driving and found herself in a situation where collision was imminent, yet somehow it was avoided.
I never took her seriously... now I think I may give her a call tomorrow

the police activity could have been for anything really, there really isn't much chance of finding out more about it.

I'd take her seriously, having been there. Had a friend who experienced something similar when walking across a street; somehow missing being hit, when she was distracted and walked in front of traffic. She said she was simply on the other side, with no memory past stepping off the curb, and her friends couldn't explain it, either.

I have to wonder about the activity. Something happening there, that would have affected you had you not been moved back, is all I can think for this one.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
dimensional idea or time disruption from particles of unknown type is something I have contemplated because of some other odd things that have happened involving items missing and then returning weeks later to where they should have been long after replacing the missing item.
I was hoping for something that could explain all of the out of the ordinary at once actually.

Now thinking of your situation and ours, if were had actually broke the barrier and lived a section of time in a slightly altered reality, I feel it would be impossible to find any point where we returned to our own.

Come to think of it, I have had items go missing, only to re-appear out in the open. It hasn't happened recently though.
I see that you think this may be a natural phenomena, and perhaps a harmless one. P

part of me feels that there must be intelligence behind it. I suppose that may just be primitive me trying to attach meaning and significance to something natural. Even if it was natural, I don't know that I would write it off as harmless. there are a few scenarios I could think of where such a phenomena could lead to disaster.

Mmaybe the process itself is natural, but not randomly occurring?

Well, now, I have had that myself! Not recently, either, but had things disappear, to turn up in places they could not possibly have gotten to. Example - my older son, when small, was playing with a Playmobile castle and associated parts. Little guys and swords and the like. I set it up for him, since he was small, on a quilt, in the living room, and checked that all pieces were there at the time. Everything was, and he never got up while playing. No one home but the to of us, and no pets. Wood floor, so no carpet, and no floor or wall vents. When he was done, I started putting the stuff away, checking parts as I always did, to find a sword missing. He was still sitting there, so I checked through his clothing. The sword was simply not there. Missing for weeks. Then one day, I was in my room, and went into a stack of craft stuff in boxes, that hadn't been moved for months, literally. In the bottom box, under some felt, there was the blasted sword. NO ONE had moved those boxes. No logical explanation for it.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'd like to offer an alternative to anything supernatural. Of course, you may have had a premonition or deja vu and I won't tell you to disregard those possibilities. I, however, have had some weird experiences driving a familiar route which I explained this way.

I believe that repetitive actions cause the brain to do weird things. Autopilot, if you will, a more advanced type of muscle memory for repetitive but complex actions such as driving the same route over and over.

When I lived in San Diego (Poway), I worked in San Marcos (near Escondido). I drove the same route up I15 every day. One day, I remembered leaving my driveway, the entire route to the freeway onramp, merging onto the freeway and then BAM, I was getting off my exit in San Marcos. It's about an hour drive with traffic, yet it seemed like 10 minutes because I had no memory of the freeway drive.

My theory is that I had made the whole drive so many times, once I was in the relative safety of steadily moving freeway traffic - my brain stopped "recording" so to speak. The information was irrelevant and was disregarded.

My theory for your experience is that you were on autopilot while having a memory recall of a previous trip on this route, and when your attention was required and you snapped out of recall and back into reality at nearly the same place as your recall.

Of course, I'm not an expert in memory or recall - I've had my own autopilot experiences which weirded me out and I think it may be what you had.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
dimensional idea or time disruption from particles of unknown type is something I have contemplated because of some other odd things that have happened involving items missing and then returning weeks later to where they should have been long after replacing the missing item.
I was hoping for something that could explain all of the out of the ordinary at once actually.

Now thinking of your situation and ours, if were had actually broke the barrier and lived a section of time in a slightly altered reality, I feel it would be impossible to find any point where we returned to our own.

Come to think of it, I have had items go missing, only to re-appear out in the open. It hasn't happened recently though.
I see that you think this may be a natural phenomena, and perhaps a harmless one. P

part of me feels that there must be intelligence behind it. I suppose that may just be primitive me trying to attach meaning and significance to something natural. Even if it was natural, I don't know that I would write it off as harmless. there are a few scenarios I could think of where such a phenomena could lead to disaster.

Mmaybe the process itself is natural, but not randomly occurring?

Personally I am going to leave all possibility open until more is known, but I certainly won't write it off as being unreal.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Your mind entered a grey area searching for something whilist your odd feeling happened. Then you felt it get bigger as you approached the car. Then the car pulled out in front of you.

For some reason a sense of fear came about and you were reading the mind of someone else who entered a grey area as well.

You both did something different to avoid an accident while someone broke a law, and you probably wanted to at least punch the guy. But since you held your anger in it created a new reaction to a bad driver.

And the driver was probably angry himself.

Usually that feeling you felt was yourself sending a message to yourself through the grey area in another time. Hence why some of us are referencing deja vu feelings.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Yeah so it is very familiar to you. Im not saying it certainly is this, but its highly likely.

I did a study a couple years ago on the phenomena where people will drive a stretch of road without realising it, essentially not being conscious of it. It turned out over 40% of people had experienced it (I forget the specific number), but it was common enough I considered it normal.

For me it was like being deep in thought that you dont even notice the world, which seems extremely dangerous - yet somehow I was able to drive perfectly around curves and such. It was like the brain goes on autopilot.

And as it turned out there is a vast history to it - its sometimes referred to as the Unconscious Driving Phenomenon, which itself is a branch under the Ideomotor Phenomenon, which is an expression of the unconscious mind showing through. This also controls "tells" among liars and poker players, alongside regular body language.

I think its likely since you didnt experience any loss of time. For me the longest Ive experienced was about a minute!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I have some advice, Stay off the crack and don't be texting while driving. You do yourself a favor and others around you, trust me.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: oldetimehockey4

If directed at me, neg. Clear black night.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
My spouse and myself was traveling to my parents home back then when it happened.we were on a stretch of highway that ran the length of the state(halfway through it), no turn just the road ahead I was in the passengers side so I laid my head against the door and closed my eyes not sleeping mind you, I opened my eyes within 3 or 4 minutes and looked to see where we were and simultaneously we looked at each other and both said shouldn't we be farther down the road? we both felt we had been through this part of the state already and it was such a strange feeling that washed over both of us. I also should say he isn't then or now into the paranormal anything he's very logical and at the time(way before we had a computer) all I knew of any of the subject was a passing interest.
It wasn't so much our location as it was the feeling we both had it was like someone pushed the reset button...just weird

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Please do!
That's all we can do at the moment is to accept the strange and unknown and cannot tell you how much people annoy me when they think all we see is all there is to this world it drive me crazy,lol. I have had a few strange occurrences that has happened to me with a witness so I know it's not just me and so far I can't explain them,I don't know if it's because I'm more aware
but I feel it's happening more and more these days and don't have a clue as to why.
I also wanted to add that I'm beginning to believe that timeslips,ghost,demons,aliens,all of this is connected somehow, not sure how? but I think it is.

edit on 31-12-2014 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2014 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join