It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd/Disturbing personal experience - Would appreciate your help

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Thank You for that reply to Me. I can see We are on the same wavelength here, at least. Bill was very prophetic in His routines on stage, and off, that He was a real inspiration to Me, for numerous reasons. If You care to see the whole onstage antics of Bill, including the post I relayed, which is at the end, watch; "Bill Hicks Revelations" at YouTube, for instance. It will be a little over an hour of time well spent. (WARNING, Graphic Language and Themes!!) BUT, he is so down to Earth it is not funny! I have no problem really with this guys language, as it is all part of His Psyche......
I have often said, as You, that we need to stop 'buying' into this madness! I believe that If everyone, world wide stopped spending worthless money, even for a day, I think it would crash the system, resulting in Chaos I know, but then We would or should ALL be involved in a re-set, for lack of better phrasing! (I know the Suits will be banging on My Door, but Ya know what? I don't even care anymore......) Your dream could become reality if People would just Wake up, Buck Up, and do what is needed to try and fix this mess......

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPakI have never really thought about it but you may have something there. So many times on this earth people have thought of the same idea or discovery at the same time and never knew about the other person. Shared thoughts? Maybe. I sometimes think our reincarnations are more like incarnations and happening at the same time and leads people to certain areas and certain people. Why not? A soul experiencing life and reacting to the same circumstances from a different perspective would definitely have something to talk to about and feel a special closeness to the other person. Very interesting idea. Soul mate anyone?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: lost in space
a reply to: SyxPakI have never really thought about it but you may have something there. So many times on this earth people have thought of the same idea or discovery at the same time and never knew about the other person. Shared thoughts? Maybe. I sometimes think our reincarnations are more like incarnations and happening at the same time and leads people to certain areas and certain people. Why not? A soul experiencing life and reacting to the same circumstances from a different perspective would definitely have something to talk to about and feel a special closeness to the other person. Very interesting idea. Soul mate anyone?

my soul mate is a women. When I get to make a thread I will explain all of what y'all talkin about.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bagel I have never read Dolores Cannons' books. I guess I just feel our souls are immortal and there has to be a reason for our existence besides the animal component. I truly believe we continue our lives until we find the reason for being born. If we don't in this time line/ dimension we slip into another one to continue our quest. It does take a bit getting used to thinking your reality can be traded for another one but there is a beauty and economy of not wasting all the time you have already invested into this lesson and starting over as an infant. How many times can you live to say 20 and never reach a point to become mature enough to learn the lesson you need to learn? If you didn't know the other people were different it certainly wouldn't bother you. Ever have one of those moments in your life when someone you know and/or love reacts totally different than you expected, in your favor? Time or dimension slip? Maybe, Who knows?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: lost in space

It's nice to see an agree'r (yah I know it's a made up word!) here with Me! I know right?! Simultanious (sp) thought and other phenom are intriguing to say the least here!! This ALL would lead to some very comforting feelings towards another individual!

So Real Soul Mates?! Why Not Indeed!!!
Syx.
edit on 28-12-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: truehumandna

You have enough posts to create a Thread on that topic, if You so choose to do so now. Only need 20, I believe. I look forward to reading it!!! Thanx for the forward info on it now!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: lost in space

Nice but, what if there is no meaning to all this. Several lives, or more, and we just keep on keepin on? It could be that simple really. I think We all try to interject a reason for some more meaning than all that, but, who knows? Right?! I would Love personally to get an answer to all this, but at the same time, I am just going to try to enjoy the ride even if I never find true meaning to it all......
Just My Thought's here. Syx.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I still think you experienced a Time Slip. YouTube has numerous documentaries and TV episodes on this, including:

www.youtube.com...
THE MYSTERY OF TIME SLIPS

www.youtube.com...
TIME SLIPS, THE SPECTRAL MANSION

www.youtube.com...
HAUNTED LIVERPOOL TIME SLIPS

Although I am amused by all the strange people suggesting that we all live in a psycho-matrix, or are "in reality" trapped in a videogame or a manipulated "virtual life". If you have proof that us and our free-will are being so manipulated, please post some proof.

Otherwise, I think back to the first "Total Recall" with Arnold. He's blown TPTB false memory-cap, and is searching for his true memories and former life. So his wife and a psychiatrist (supposedly as holograms) show up on Mars at Arnold's hotel room, and try to convince him that he needs to go back to Earth because everything he is experiencing is totally unreal, and he's sinking deeper and deeper into psychosis, blah-blah-blah.

The shrink goes into his "You're not really here, you are really back on Earth in a chair at Total Recall," and Arnold points a gun at him. The shrink continues his you-are-living-in-the-matrix type unreality - until Arnold sees one bead of sweat down the shrink's forehead, and knows that holograms don't sweat. BANG!

So my point is, ignore all the deliberate-confusion jerks, and search for your own reality based answers. Don't let this bizarre chorus of Nothing's Real In Reality try and make you feel confused or powerless. THEY are the problem - not you and your reaching out for answers.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1419861030&sr=1-1&keywords=Total+Recall
TOTAL RECALL (Schwarzenegger)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bagel
Did you bring enough drugs for everyone???
Just joking of course, I suggest reading about full-sized 4-engine military aircraft in the Bermuda Triangle was moved 100's of miles and hours off course and the people on the ground (military personnel no less!) couldn't explain it! Also, fuel that should have been burned during those hours weren't!
I am starting to believe things I used to laugh about like parallel universe, have you considered that?
What made me think of that was the Bernstein Bears story that was covered on ATS, I would say of the people I talked to (probably 30) the 'stein' not 'stain' was 100%! Not to get off track but if it shook you up enough to write about it and you have been a long time lurker I would say 'there is some 'unnatural incident' was experienced by you!
Let us know if you experience any other 'time slips' and thanks for having the guts to share!

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I've had this happen incredibly often. First time I got high was when it started. Attributed it to that until it started involving others around me as well. Two weeks ago my Fiancé, my friend and I were pulling off the freeway SOBER and making a right. As we were driving down the street to turn into our neighborhood I noticed immediately the light was red and yelled stop. My fiancé completely spaced out almost running the light right off the freeway we passed a mile back and was confused as hell. My friend and I just looked at each other and started chuckling...it'd been our umpteenth time of it happening together.

edit on 29-12-2014 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Interesting. It sounds like case of relocating, more than one of any sort of time slip/missing time. I had something similar happen, but in that case, I know a reason. I was entering an intersection, during rush hour, when I saw a car coming through the red light from the left. From our positions, there was NO logical way for us to have avoided hitting one another, and hard. I could even see the face of the other driver, and she looked as shocked and appalled as I did. Then in no more time than it takes to blink, we were both completely through the intersection, and i did NOT drive through. It was more like the road "folded", and she and I got dumped out of the intersection. The only thing I can think is God didn't want us dead that day.

You mention seeing police activity, so maybe that's related? Any way to find out what was going on?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx
What you felt was the power of your brain creating a new experience that you have learned from. At the same time several others may have witnessed it as well and taking from you the same essence and trying to learn to be the same as you. Happens a lot because of the number, or should I say percentage, of traffic law breaking individuals crowd the roadways. Your mind actually tried exploring a grey area and has decided to create a new memory.

Did you feel any anger at the driver at any time before or during this event?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean in your post, could you explain a bit more?
Yes, I did feel anger and irritation at the driver, just momentarily though.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
Do you travel down this road often? Were you at all tired or deep in thought?

From a psychological perspective, sometimes the mind pictures what is upcoming, if it's done often enough to become 'reflexive'. Its sort of like a shortcut to speed up process.

thanks for your reply. I travel this road, or at least this section of the road, once a week at most.
I understand what you mean about the mind getting ahead of itself. I have to admit I'm hesitant to admit this possibility, especially in my case. If what you say is true, I can't really trust my mind, can I?

I wasn't tired, nor was I caught up in my thoughts. I probably would have written this episode off had I suspected either of these to be the cause.
I'd like to believe I can still trust my mind, otherwise it's best I just lock myself up in my room.

edit on 30-12-2014 by Bagel because: grammar

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
dimensional idea or time disruption from particles of unknown type is something I have contemplated because of some other odd things that have happened involving items missing and then returning weeks later to where they should have been long after replacing the missing item.
I was hoping for something that could explain all of the out of the ordinary at once actually.

Now thinking of your situation and ours, if were had actually broke the barrier and lived a section of time in a slightly altered reality, I feel it would be impossible to find any point where we returned to our own.

Come to think of it, I have had items go missing, only to re-appear out in the open. It hasn't happened recently though.
I see that you think this may be a natural phenomena, and perhaps a harmless one. P

part of me feels that there must be intelligence behind it. I suppose that may just be primitive me trying to attach meaning and significance to something natural. Even if it was natural, I don't know that I would write it off as harmless. there are a few scenarios I could think of where such a phenomena could lead to disaster.

Mmaybe the process itself is natural, but not randomly occurring?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TWILITE22

if your being sincere with your story I have to say it has happened to me,back in the mid 90's and makes it near impossible to explain or to prove...

Tthanks for your reply, I assure you I'm being absolutely sincere, I respect this site and you good folk far too much to spout bs.

I never even had a hope of proving it seeing as that was the first time it happened. although, I am now more aware and alert since the incident. If I were lucky enough to have it happen again, I wouldn't be as awestruck or disoriented, and would look for more details.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: felonius

Its been a long time since i posted (or read anything here).

Your story caught me.

I had a very similar thing happen years ago.

Texas. H80 eastbound entering Forney. Night time.

i was pasing the next to last exit to get into town. I decided to go to the last one closer to the Dairy Queen for ease to the north side of town. There is about 4 miles distance between the two.

Passing the exit, i went a short bit and then realized, i was coming the the same exit i just passed. I found this curious and blew it off. I continued to the next exit.

Same thing. Went a bit down the road and then passed the same spot again. No real sense of lost time. Its just like the preceeding event didnt happen even though i was conscious that it had.

i took this as a sign and took the exit i was passing and all was fine.

No, i dont think your nuts. If so, both of us are.

Tthanks for your reply, and welcome back.
I think your experience is weirder, I'd call that a groundhog moment. I'm surprised you didn't pull the car off and consider what just happened heheh, though I can understand how you would see that as a sign.
Do you recall if there was anything else unusual going on? I didn't notice anything in my case, but I'm determined to remember as much as possible if I am luck enough to experience it again.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

I've not read the thread so if this has been suggested before, apologies.

A few possibles that might explain what happened come to mind.

I think I' will go for option 2

no, I assure you I'm not making this up.

option 1 would imply me unconsciously exercising some ability of my own, whereas 2 would mean a separate intelligence was responsible.

option 1 would concern me if it were true, I need to believe that I am in control of my reality, and that I know it when I see it...naïve as that may sound.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
There is such a thing as "sensory disturbance", in which one of our senses can make a momentary detour, or in other words, make a mistake (misinterpret something we see, smell, taste, hear, or feel.)
I suggest this is what happened. It's more common than we know, and we usually just do a double take and shrug them off. This one was distressing, so it's taking longer to let it go.

I don't doubt what you say, and know this to be true. I just can't see how that could apply here.
Had I gone further down the road, and not backwards, I might be able to write it off as me not paying attention, or being preoccupied with other thoughts. In this case I have memories of both times I drove that patch of road.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: lost in space
a reply to: Bagel How many times can you live to say 20 and never reach a point to become mature enough to learn the lesson you need to learn? If you didn't know the other people were different it certainly wouldn't bother you. Ever have one of those moments in your life when someone you know and/or love reacts totally different than you expected, in your favor? Time or dimension slip? Maybe, Who knows?

I have definitely had moments like that.
take a look at her books if you get a chance. I know some people do question her methods and results, but the info that comes through aligns closely with what you have posted.
truth is stranger than fiction

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

thanks for your reply and the links which you provided.
I need to watch recall again

the thing is, this experience has sparked my curiosity, and set me off in search of answers. the last thing I will do is surrender to the notion that nothing can be understood or done about it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join