It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd/Disturbing personal experience - Would appreciate your help

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

You may have erased a previous memory containing the same principles or conditions to rewrite or redact it.

A very interesting thought. Seeing that the observer affects matter and that we perhaps create our own realities, could it be like when we have lucid dreams and we don't like a part of it, we go back and replay that part differently.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bagel

if your being sincere with your story I have to say it has happened to me,back in the mid 90's and makes it near impossible to explain or to prove...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

there must surely be some scared drivers out there, since they would have seen a car disappear in front of their eyes.

Yah, that happens all the time.

In fact this is a widely reported phenomenon since time travel was invented. Wait… what?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Afterall, what are our brain waves but electricity and have patterns, right? So when these cross, or connect somehow, we have our Deja-Vu.(?)

The experience of Deja-Vu could be related instead of an expeience of something different we feel the diference.

When I was 7 we moved to Lake Tahoe, I had been raised in the desert so this is a real change. My new Step-Father rented a large two story house. We children were very excited, the place was beautiful and fully furnished. I ran upstairs to see my new bedroom and then ran down to go outside...on my way down I hit the landing where the stairway turned and there was a window there, I looked through the window as I ran down and suddenly I simply froze.

My body had waves of chills running up and down and I saw the trees and the view and my mind said, I have done this before, I have seen this before just like this. I have never experienced such a strong sense of Deja Vu since that day and it is etched into my memory, unforgettable.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I find it happens to me every so often, but usually I travel alone. Because i wasn't alone this time I paid much more attention to it as I had a witness. Like you I tend to discard stories of this type that I hear until I experienced it myself with the added bonus of another person looking me in the eye and asking how did we miss both turn offs.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

there must surely be some scared drivers out there, since they would have seen a car disappear in front of their eyes.

Yah, that happens all the time.

In fact this is a widely reported phenomenon since time travel was invented. Wait… what?

In the past few years, some scientists have used those distortions in space-time to think of possible ways time machines could work. Some like the idea of "worm holes," which may be shortcuts through space-time. This and other ideas are wonderfully interesting, but we don't know at this point whether they are possible for real objects. Still the ideas are based on good, solid science. In all time travel theories allowed by real science, there is no way a traveler can go back in time to before the time machine was built.

in an article entitled, “Quantum wormholes could carry people”, Charles Choi [1] gives a brief hard science description of a old science fiction concept of quantum wormholes serving as faster-than-life doorways into the rest of the universe. The wormholes for use by quantum particles have been in the theory stable for some time, but now physicists are thinking in terms of opening the holes wide enough for people to make the trip.

How do we know that an as yet undiscovered particle or phenomena is not able to affect anyone entering or running into it? I think that many scientists today actually have a wider view of possibility then many on this "conspiracy" website!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Its been a long time since i posted (or read anything here).

Your story caught me.

I had a very similar thing happen years ago.

Texas. H80 eastbound entering Forney. Night time.

i was pasing the next to last exit to get into town. I decided to go to the last one closer to the Dairy Queen for ease to the north side of town. There is about 4 miles distance between the two.

Passing the exit, i went a short bit and then realized, i was coming the the same exit i just passed. I found this curious and blew it off. I continued to the next exit.

Same thing. Went a bit down the road and then passed the same spot again. No real sense of lost time. Its just like the preceeding event didnt happen even though i was conscious that it had.

i took this as a sign and took the exit i was passing and all was fine.

I have thought it may be connected to the Rockwall "wall". Lots of weird stuff happens at odd times in this area. Forney is just south of that area by about 10-15 miles at most.

No, i dont think your nuts. If so, both of us are.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
A buddy of mine once asked me if I have ever "three-timed."
He described the perception of walking from one room into another room.
And then being startled at finding himself walking into the same room again.
And then perceiving the same thing again before reality started clicking properly.
He said it has happened to him more than once and described it as God's record player skipping.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

what a crazy story there are many that have been witnesses to what they referred to as angels or beings that help in these situations. whether they were religious beforehand or after I have no clue but something is definitely going on.
Either way I find these accounts fascinating.
all I know is all we see isn't all there is...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I've not read the thread so if this has been suggested before, apologies.

A few possibles that might explain what happened come to mind.

1) You experienced a premonition...at the point you ended up in, around 100 - 200 meters back, you might have seen a few minutes into the future but perceived this premonition as your current reality happening as you'd normally expect it to..but it was only happening in your mind.

2) A terrible accident happened, that wasn't meant to have happened.
It happened and...was corrected, events were 'reset', as close as possible to original routes and positions before the 'reset' of a few minutes.

3) You're making the whole thing up, as a psychology experiment into the gullibility of people.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There is such a thing as "sensory disturbance", in which one of our senses can make a momentary detour, or in other words, make a mistake (misinterpret something we see, smell, taste, hear, or feel.)
I suggest this is what happened. It's more common than we know, and we usually just do a double take and shrug them off. This one was distressing, so it's taking longer to let it go.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I think that many scientists today actually have a wider view of possibility then many on this "conspiracy" website!

Just no proof. By the way, if they had the proof they would fall over each other to be first to publish it.

Further: this site dispels the BS conspiracies. Despite others claims that Chemtrails, "Clmate Change", Nazi arctic bases. Martian civilizations and Baltic UFO's are real. lol.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I think that many scientists today actually have a wider view of possibility then many on this "conspiracy" website!

Just no proof. By the way, if they had the proof they would fall over each other to be first to publish it.

Further: this site dispels the BS conspiracies. Despite others claims that Chemtrails, "Clmate Change", Nazi arctic bases. Martian civilizations and Baltic UFO's are real. lol.

Are you saying this is a SCIENCE oriented site? Please look at the forum topic list and tell me what proof there could be for most at this point in time.

Consider...

"Isaac Asimov wrote this essay on creativity as his single formal input. This essay was never published or used beyond our small group. Written for Allied Research Associates in Boston. The company was an MIT spinoff that originally focused on the effects of nuclear weapons on aircraft structures. The government recognized that no matter how much was spent on improving and expanding current technology, it would remain inadequate. They wanted us and a few other contractors to think “out of the box.

Obviously, then, what is needed is not only people with a good background in a particular field, but also people capable of making a connection between item 1 and item 2 which might not ordinarily seem connected.
t is only afterward that a new idea seems reasonable. To begin with, it usually seems unreasonable. It seems the height of unreason to suppose the earth was round instead of flat, or that it moved instead of the sun, or that objects required a force to stop them when in motion, instead of a force to keep them moving, and so on.

A person willing to fly in the face of reason, authority, and common sense must be a person of considerable self-assurance. Since he occurs only rarely, he must seem eccentric (in at least that respect) to the rest of us. A person eccentric in one respect is often eccentric in others.

My feeling is that as far as creativity is concerned, isolation is required. The creative person is, in any case, continually working at it. His mind is shuffling his information at all times, even when he is not conscious of it. (The famous example of Kekule working out the structure of benzene in his sleep is well-known.)

That is the crucial point that is the rare characteristic that must be found. Once the cross-connection is made, it becomes obvious. Thomas H. Huxley is supposed to have exclaimed after reading On the Origin of Species, “How stupid of me not to have thought of this.”

The presence of others can only inhibit this process, since creation is embarrassing. For every new good idea you have, there are a hundred, ten thousand foolish ones, which you naturally do not care to display.

Nevertheless, a meeting of such people may be desirable for reasons other than the act of creation itself.

No two people exactly duplicate each other’s mental stores of items. One person may know A and not B, another may know B and not A, and either knowing A and B, both may get the idea—though not necessarily at once or even soon.

If a single individual present is unsympathetic to the foolishness that would be bound to go on at such a session, the others would freeze. The unsympathetic individual may be a gold mine of information, but the harm he does will more than compensate for that. It seems necessary to me, then, that all people at a session be willing to sound foolish and listen to others sound foolish."

THIS is where ATS and such places should come in...but no short sighted people instead of joining a discussion ridicule.

www.technologyreview.com...
edit on 28-12-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TWILITE22
a reply to: sled735

"all I know is all we see isn't all there is..."

I am going to borrow this, if you don't mind.

It resonates with me because it seems that I am becoming increasingly more sensitive and responsive to this world we live in.

I think since I have reached the stage of life where I can start down shifting, I am starting to notice many of the things that I previously rushed by.

My co-workers call me the Queen of Multi-tasking, on steroids. While I am so busy doing "things,” I often miss the smaller, subtler, intricacies of life and the world that surrounds me.

I am coming to see how true your statement is. I will never see all there is to see and I will never be able to understand or explain even half of what I experience. I just hope I will be able to hold on to the saddle and enjoy the ride.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I like these

At first, both men were called crazy for their insane notions of invisible particles. They had no model of behavior for the buggers and no methods of ever actually looking at them. But eventually the science world came around

Boltzmann wasn't just forced to defend something that would be accepted as fact within a few years, he was shamed for his stubborn refusal to yield and for his so-called materialist beliefs.

Even colleagues who originally agreed with him began to question atoms' existence when his work seemingly undermined previously understood laws of physics.

Read more: www.cracked.com...

If people were less apt to dismiss and make fun, many of the sciences would have progressed far faster.
edit on 28-12-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Your last sentence is intriguing in and of itself. I saw a Bill Hicks doc a while back and was in awe of this guy. For a Comedian He was very smart. Deeply so! ( Not meaning comedians in general are not smart, it is just that I connected with Him on this, and many other topics of His......) This is a quote from Him, if You have heard or read it before My apologies, but for those who have not been familiarized with this, I will post this;

"The World is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real, because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round, and it has thrills and chills and is very brightly colored, and it's very loud. And it's fun, for a while.

Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they've begun to question, 'Is this real, or is this just a ride?', and other people have remembered, and they've come back to us and they say 'Hey, don't worry. Don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride.' and we KILL THOSE PEOPLE.

"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride! SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account, and my family. This just has to be real."

It's just a ride.

But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that. You ever noticed that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because ... It's just a ride.

And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear wants you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead see all of us as one.

Here's what we can do to change the world right now, to a better ride:

Take all that money we spent on weapons and defense each year and instead spend it feeding, clothing, and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and WE CAN EXPLORE SPACE, TOGETHER, BOTH INNER AND OUTER, forever ... in peace."

-- Bill Hicks (1961 - 1994)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Your last sentence is intriguing in and of itself. I saw a Bill Hicks doc a while back and was in awe of this guy. For a Comedian He was very smart. Deeply so! ( Not meaning comedians in general are not smart, it is just that I connected with Him on this, and many other topics of His......) This is a quote from Him, if You have heard or read it before My apologies, but for those who have not been familiarized with this, I will post this;

"The World is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real, because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round, and it has thrills and chills and is very brightly colored, and it's very loud. And it's fun, for a while.

Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they've begun to question, 'Is this real, or is this just a ride?', and other people have remembered, and they've come back to us and they say 'Hey, don't worry. Don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride.' and we KILL THOSE PEOPLE.

"Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride! SHUT HIM UP! Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account, and my family. This just has to be real."

It's just a ride.

But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that. You ever noticed that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because ... It's just a ride.

And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear wants you to put bigger locks on your door, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead see all of us as one.

Here's what we can do to change the world right now, to a better ride:

Take all that money we spent on weapons and defense each year and instead spend it feeding, clothing, and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and WE CAN EXPLORE SPACE, TOGETHER, BOTH INNER AND OUTER, forever ... in peace."

-- Bill Hicks (1961 - 1994)

Thank you for sharing. This is new material for me but I can definitely relate.

I think he is right. We all know it is just a ride. We have just become conditioned to popping in the quarters, to keep the machine going around. We keep the machine in motion, struggling, in hopes of grabbing the brass ring, and we have forgotten that we control the ride. The brass ring is a joke and a worthless distraction. If we stop feeding the machine, the ride stops.

It is time that we put our dimes and quarters to a better use. We need to stop feeding the machine. It is time we stop riding in circles going nowhere. Time to invest in a world with purpose and a future. It such an easy, yet extremely difficult change to make. I know I don’t have enough days left to see this happen, but I can dream, can’t I?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Are you saying this is a SCIENCE oriented site?

Are you?

Please look at the forum topic list and tell me what proof there could be for most at this point in time.

None by internet. And debunking science isn't what I do, generally. Some think some things are scientific and use that label as an argument. Evolution and creation both fall into that category for me. I believe in the science of creation and that life was brought here from somewhere else.

As easily that I 'believe' that DNA, cell division, a seed, egg and the womb are both created and scientific. Besides the obviousness of needing storage of seeds and embryos to transport interstellar distances and wombs , stamens and pollen to replicate life in order to populate any earth like planet.

You think anything you like. 747's did not 'evolve', roll down a runway and take off by themselves. They own;t even replicate.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Ever at paint chips as a child? Or do u enjoy mushrooms or acid?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I see a lot of people have experienced this what type of medication do y'all take? You know prescription meds has worst side effects than the illegal plant based drugs.

edit on 28-12-2014 by truehumandna because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join