It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iraqi Hitler May Emerge from Unrest-Iraq President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Speaking in Dubai, the Iraqi president warned that long term instability in his country could give rise to an Iraqi Hitler. Ghazi Yawar pointed to the parallel of post World War I Germany and the conditions there that allowed Hitler to come to power. He also pointed out that the neighboring countries are not doing enough to help the situation in Iraq.

story.news.yahoo.com
DUBAI (Reuters) - Iraqi President Ghazi Yawar said in remarks published Monday that long-term instability in his country could give birth to an "Iraqi Hitler" if citizens continued to feel humiliated and despondent.

Daily bombings and kidnappings have plagued Iraq since last year's U.S.-led invasion toppled Saddam Hussein and the relentless Sunni-led insurgency has crippled reconstruction and development projects in the country.

"This could in the long term create an environment in which an Iraqi Hitler could emerge like the one created by the defeat of Germany and the humiliation of Germans in World War I," Yawar told the London-based Asharq al-Awsat newspaper.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I had not thought about the parallel between post war Germany and the rise of Hitler to what is going on in Iraq today. No doubt it makes the upcoming elections more important to at the very least ensure some degree of stability for Iraq�s citizens. But there is no doubt in my mind that a U.S. presence will be required for some time and the elections will not quell the insurgency to a large degree. Indeed, its going to get much worse.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Elections aren't a complete solution though. Hitler gained power through an electoral process. The double-edged sword is giving people democracy and forcing them to have the right one.

A radical party that appeals to the masses for all the wrong reasons can't be allowed to thrive.

While I hate to tell people how they can have their freedom, Iraq and her neighbors need to be cautious about how they implement their infant democracy.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So called "democracy" took 13 years to find a solution in the case of the USA. How can we expect a generation born under tyrany and chained to Religious tyrany to be perfect "out-of-the-box". Make no mistake the US news media will expect perfection. True democracy takes time.

PS the US isn't a democracy and never has been. Representative Republic. Big difference.

A "hitler" will emerge in this case. Most likely Iranian backed.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Isn't it more likely to have a Hitler emerge from Serbia rather than Iraq?

Germany had lost land to France and Poland and Hitler tried to reclaim it as part of Germany.

A future leader of Serbia might try to reclaim the land that Yugoslavia lost and that will invlove invasions of those nations.

Iraq has lost no land and therefore has no need to launch invasions of other countries in the future.

I know there was a lot more to Hitler than just that but the loss of land may have been a real motivating factor.

A future leader of Iraq may try to reclaim Kuwait again but I doubt it will go beyond that.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I see a strong Islamic leader emerging in Iraq and "reuniting" persia. he would be Iranian backed of course. That has been a goal of Iran since the "revolution".

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well now General Nizar Al-Kazraji, responsible for the "anfal" which resulted in 160.000 + dead Kurds, and the Halabja gassing, plus his pals who suppressed the post Gulf war Shia uprising, and ran the Internal Security service fro Saddam are back in Baghdad backed by Negroponte and his CIA thugs there is every chance of an Iraqi Hitler before the year end.

My enemy's eneny is my friend si the old Arab proverb - the similarity with post war Germany ifs "Operation Paperclip" in which the US swept up the german atom and rockert scientists - Wernher von Braun who was a major in the SS.

Not only did they take on the most repulsive mebers of the SS and Abwehr for their own policies of repression but also to deny them to other nations - Russia , UK..

The studied indifference of the media to the recruitment of the Saddam butchers and gassers like Nizar Al-Kazraji - long the favourites of Langley is wicked.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Why we looking for Hitler when his troops are already in Iraq ? We will show them the way, we must make (force) them democratic, ie: our way is superior. Yeah, by use of bombs, guns and destruction of Mosques and homes.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The only thing about this is that Iraq sucks too much to be any sort of serious threat to the world. The could conquer one or two of their neighbors tops, before their army and supplies got over extended. These are some silly comments, I wonder what the PM's motive behind them is?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColonelForbin
The only thing about this is that Iraq sucks too much to be any sort of serious threat to the world. The could conquer one or two of their neighbors tops, before their army and supplies got over extended. These are some silly comments, I wonder what the PM's motive behind them is?

Yeah but if they conquer one or two of their neighbors they would control most of the world's oil. Saddam knew this and tried during the invasion of Kuwait he just thought nobody would care to take action to stop him or see him as a threat for just taking over one little country.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The most unlikely of odds happened when the United States was an actually democracy. Take a look at history and you will see that this nation was up against worse odds than Iraq.

Wouldn't Muslims embrace a semi-Hitler because of his anti-semitic ways or is that propaganda in my head?

[edit on 13-12-2004 by TheBigD]

top topics

join