It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afraid of dying vs afaid of death.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Death itself doesn't scare me.
I have determined thought that for me,
the scariest thing is pain.

Especially if I were to bleed out or something along those lines.

I have that weird quirk where if I see my own blood in more than a pin prick,
I drop like I am dead....lol

Genetic survival skill that somehow leaked into my conscious.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I am glad someone made thread about this,because I am the same as OP. However my fear is that death is the most serious thing that can happen to us. The most serious thing. When we die, we are gone from all those alive and this reality...forever. So as someone with anxiety who had many panic attacks based around the fear of dying, I have to say that the worst about dying is the moment you realise that the most serious thing is happening to you, that is what I am so afraid of.
I really am not [can't logically] be afraid of being dead, because I won't be able to worry about it.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Take comfort in the fact that many have come before you.

Given certain variables, I have a feeling the transition/re-adjustment is the hard part anyway.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
But everything perishes, nothing lasts for ever. You would be left in a dead universe, with no earth, no life forms, nothing. Sounds to me like somes description of death.

Yeah, but soon humans will gain the ability of ascension, stargate style. Then we'll be able to exists no matter what dies, as long as there's still some type of energy source in the universe.

That's the ironic thing about the time we were bought into this world. We're evolved enough to know it's possible, but nowhere near evolved enough to ever actually see it happen. Like a carrot in front of as we will never get to reach.

originally posted by: Darkblade71
I have that weird quirk where if I see my own blood in more than a pin prick,
I drop like I am dead....lol

That's funny. For me personally, I can be just pouring blood out of me from some wound and it just doesn't seem to worry me. But the doctor pulls the needle out for a simple routine blood test or whatever, I just start dripping of sweat and completely flip out, like a little girl, lol.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I used to be afraid as well and I think most people go through some sort of major fear of death between the ages of fourteen and twenty and then again nearing the forties. I've had dreams of myself dying before the age of 37 for about four years now, I've spoken to some doctors and so called dream experts who tell me that it doesn't mean anything as long as I keep myself fit and healthy and for a few years it scared the life out of me and with it being eight years away now you'd think I would be worse but I've come to the point that I dont care anymore. Yes Death might mean a true end and no afterlife or it means I get to the afterlife and find out what all the noise is about but either way there is nothing I can do about it so I just get on.

I dont change much about myself, I'm still living each day one at a time (like I can change that) I dont act like every day is my last, I just get on with life and hope I'm wrong and I dont end at 37 (None of my family over the last few generations have died before the age of 70 so there is hope) and I think my advice to you would be to push that fear to the back of your head. I know its hard and when I first started having these dreams I couldn't get over it myself but one night a few years back I was at a church (I'm not religious in that sense I believe in a creator but not one who demands I go to a certain building for him to hear me, I go with my younger sister for Midnight Mass at christmas) and I heard this older couple sitting behind me and they said something that still sits in my head it was '...Well at least we managed to out live Joey' I'm assuming that was someone in their lives and I've got someone in my life I'm not a fan of and as long as I out live her I will be very happy.

The woman is my manager at work and someone who has spent seven years trying to get me fired or course me trouble but each time I've beaten her back. If you met her you'd understand. Think of a female Hitler and you're pretty close.

So in short, just do your best to push it to the back of your mind and try to live a day at a time and before long you'll get through it and eventually forget all about your fear. Contrary to what people might say, it's not the fear of dying that scares them its the fear of what comes after that moment. And a side fact - When my grandfather passed, the Doctor said to me to take comfort in the fact that most of the time and unless its a sudden impact deal, people pass out seconds before death almost like a natural pain filter so according to them he wouldn't have been awake for the final moment of life.

Hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

If you were not afraid of dying, you wouldn't be human. We all fear death to some degree. However, I've been more accepting of it after my sister-in-law passed away. My wife and I have had way too many signs after her death to assure both of us life goes on.

Worm food? If you even experienced just a few of the things my wife and I have experienced you would definitely re-think that after death you're just worm food. Our bodies certainly will become worm food, but our spirit or whatever you want to call it lives on.

I've heard stories of people losing loved ones and getting signs, but I would always chalk it up to coincidences. Until I experienced it myself, my eyes were finally opened. A talked a lot about our experiences in several posts. I also wrote a thread with photos that prove our experiences. Here is my thread that may change your mind of just being worm food.

A Sign From The Other Side, Simply Incredible!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Can't be scared of something you don't control.

I get torn with death, cause I do think it is more likely we are going to be worm food but at the same time I think we all have our time which kinda goes against that.

The probblem is we don't know whether we control what eventually happens after we die. If there is an afterlife, then maybe what we (don't) do here really impacts our experience after death. And if that's the case, than we don't really know for sure what we shoud(n't) be doing (This is the scary part). Of course close-minded people with big egos (Or just too scared to admit the fact that they know nothing) think they have figured it out, but that's just laughable.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I died in a dentist chair after receiving multiple shots of novocaine then being left alone.

Anaphylaxis set in and the last thing I remember is being unable to call for help then blackness.

I was revived in an ambulance disorientated and combative. It was a traumatic experience that instilled a fear of death in me.

When my time comes I know I'll reflect on this experience.

edit on 12/27/2014 by dezertdog because: removed sentence

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Absolutely not. Count me out. Mortality is a gift.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I'm with you, droid. I am not necessarily afraid of death, I just fear the unknown part of it. But, in the long run, it doesn't affect me because I'm either not going to know any better or exist on a different plane of reality. But as far as dying goes, yeah...that scares the # out of me.

My paternal grandfather died from emphysema. He suffocated to death in his own home because he didn't want to die in hospital. My paternal grandmother died from internal injuries caused my their motorhome rolling on the highway. She was in the back lying down and reading...not buckled in. She was conscious and talking while laying on the asphalt before she slipped away. My maternal grandmother and grandfather each died a long battle with melanoma and lukemia, respectively. It was not pretty. My step-mother, just this summer, died in a horrific car accident. Her neck was broken and her face had several deep lacerations from when the rear window smashed in her face as she turned to see the truck flying up on them at 70 mph while they were at a dead stop on the freeway when returning from a two-week, road trip vacation with their neighbors (who were driving). She didn't die instantly...but they say she was unconscious. Who knows. My dad was in so much pain from the accident (14 broken ribs, collapsed lung, broken eye socket, broken wrist, fractured vertebra) that he WANTED to die...and my dad is a hard-ass.

No one I know has died a natural, painless death so naturally, I'm terrified of the same happening to me.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
OK, I have to throw in my 2 cents here....

I died twice, at least clinically. Had a body bag called for me after a car accident and was written up as a fatality at another. However, being shot with a 12ga. in the neck, head and chest was the most serious. I know it is going to be hard for some to accept, but being shot didn't hurt. I almost bled out, about 5 minutes or so by the time fire rescue got there. I guess it was the body in shock or whatever, but I felt no pain. I was actually floating in a quiet way. I don't recall much until the second day after a couple of trauma surgeries waking up in surgical ICU. Then I hurt...seriously!

I don't fear death or dying. as long as the death is fairly quick. I do not want to lay around for weeks or even months dying a slow death from cancer or something in pain and being sick. I live in chronic pain every day, but being sick is a different thing all together for me. I would much rather be in pain than being sick. I had pneumonia from the ventilator after I came around from another accident. That really was unpleasant. Anyway, I did experience life after death and I know there are going to be flames about it, but others know it and have been through it as well. I know that life after death exists and that it was much better that live in this sack of meat and bones.

I was absolutely comfortable. Unlike any time in my current state of existence. I was also aware of everything in the universe, connected to what I can only call the 'All". It is hard to describe in words. I use the analogy of being in a pitch black room and in there is a fish tank full of life but dark as well. Then the light in the tank is clicked on and you become 'Aware" of everything in the tank at once. That is what it was like, but with the universe. There was an energy that flowed through everything. After that I had this massive, what I can only describe as a download, amount of information flowing into my consciousness. Like an encyclopedia galactica every few seconds. It was like being connected to all of existence. There was no pain, no hunger, no cold or hot, just bliss.

Interestingly for some reason, I started to panic when I realized my body was back on earth dying or dead. It was then I was snatched back into my body and all the misery that comes from severe damage and hospitals. BTW, I was always scared to death of hospitals, especially surgery. I always thought I was going to die by not coming out of anesthesia.
After 23 major surgeries and being half rebuilt out of titanium and screws, I don't fear surgery any more. I probably should though. So, ended my fear of death and dying.

I know that people don't believe in life after death and they will just have to find out for themselves when it happens. I do feel a little bad for them though because it must suck thinking this life is all there is for them. Not to mention that there is an energy behind everything in existence, which for me is the creator's energy, but I will leave that to the individual to work out what is best for them to believe at this point. I think there is a lot of confusion going on in the world about what is behind everything. Anyway, that is my 2 cents on death and dying.

ETA: I have had a broken ankle, spiral fractured tibia (titanium rod inside with screws), fractured femur and pelvis (also with titanium plates and screws), shattered scapula, compression fracture of the L1 vertebrate, L1-L2 disc ruptured, L3-L4 herniated, T11-T12 herniated, and the shotgun 12ga 00 Mag. Buck shot blew off about 1/3 of my neck and piece of the back of my skull which was rebuilt with a pec flap where they cut the muscle out of your chest and wrap it up and around to replace the neck muscle. That was some amazing work! You can only tell by the scar left now. Needles to say, pain is my life. Fortunately for me I played football and had a huge neck and chest which is probably why I am still here today. My jugular was missed by a fraction of an inch.

edit on 27/12/14 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Have a tune.

edit on 27-12-2014 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I can tell your complex by your avatar.... i dunno man go make a baby thats the only piece of immortality we get ...
like roaches eat drink lay a few eggs an move on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join