It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans in European people´s bathrooms...The Bidet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

This is why I dont have a bidet in my bathroom. Americans would never understand the need for it, yet its freaking wonderful. LOL

I tried to explain the superiority of having a bidet, but everyone's face got grossed out....There is no substitute. Its the way God intended for a bathroom to be used.

And there is this

Benefits[edit]
Bidets have benefits that include sanitation, health, environmental, and money-saving benefits. Bidets are beneficial for those who suffer from hemorrhoids or other medical conditions. Toilet paper can be harmful to the sensitive skin in the perineal area, and the warm water of a bidet can offer relief. This is also true for older people who have less mobility, or children who cannot wipe themselves. From an environmental standpoint, bidets reduce the need for toilet paper, saving households money on paper products and allowing users to reduce their carbon footprint by reducing their paper waste over time.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.wikihow.com...

edit on 12 27 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Actually have one...have had for years....simple mod to one's regular toilet for about 30 to 40 bucks. Saved that much in toilet paper the first year. Order on Amazon.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I try to time it up with a shower.
This is an unpleasant subject for a lot of people.
If someone wiped sh!t on my knee, I wouldn't be satisfied that it was clean after just wiping it off with a piece of paper.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Only slightly related... but when I was eighteen I went to Belgium on a student exchange program. When I got there the family kindly asked, to my horror, if I wanted I douche. I totally wigged out thinking they were some sorts of perverts when in reality my French was rusty and I had forgotten that the word for shower is douche. We all had a good laugh when I realized my mistake and explained.

Anyhow, that Belgian family used their bidet to hold toiletries such as shampoo and wash cloths as it had no water lines anymore... so for a while I assumed that every house had a fancy porcelain soap holder

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: igloo

I wondered what that "Gel De Douche" crap I got for Christmas was. Good job I wasn't feeling fruity.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
In Asia we have the hand held "Bum Guns" I can remember when I first saw them how grossed out I was but now I seriously cant imagine being without it.
Quick squirt with the Bum gun, Just a tiny scrap of loo paper to dry the area and ur good to go feeling and smelling fresh.

As someone else pointed out when or where would it ever be acceptable to clean poo off your body with just a thin paper tissue?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
All I need is a sea shell.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Enough said!

But then we have Japan!

Try it sometime.
edit on 27-12-2014 by RedmoonMWC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
Americans would never understand the need for it

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

HA!

Yes. My friend has the 3 shells in his house in honor of that movie. Right on top of the toilet shelf.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Yup, I'd be totally lost if I went into a bathroom that had one of those and no toilet paper...lolol

Well, not anymore....
thank you tadman!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
What are you all on about? Everyone knows that bidets are for washing your feet in.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Enderdog

I often wondered how it saves toilet paper. Doesn't it get your bum area all wet? How do you NOT have to dry off wiht some toilet paper? LOL!

(I laugh but it's a serious question)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I don't get it. Why would someone use one of those things ... get their backend all soaking wet and then have to stuff it in your clothing? Talk about asking for chaffing or a fungal infection.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I just can't help myself. I hope that you don't mind me posting this. It does fit the discussion.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Toilet paper can be harmful to the sensitive skin in the perineal area

I a was having constant pain urethra and bladder infections, just out of blue this went on for months and months then I accidently found out it was caused by recycled TP got rid of it and never had another problem since. Ladies beware, there are chemicals some of us cannot tolerate left in recycled paper.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Bidets have always kinda bothered me.. my folks had one when i was a teenager and i couldnt get to grips with the routine.

I mean, my bumcrack is usually well hidden anyway and gets un-clagged in ze shower ... i recently holidayed in Italy and we had a bidet in our bathroom. It's a lot sweatier in Sicily than central England so i started to use the thing and very much appreciated it but was faced with the issue of finding the right temperature, which is a challenge when the hot water takes a few seconds to warm up (ouchy).

Then it occured to me that i have to dry my cleft.

Which bloody towel to use? They didnt have the Classic Arse/Face towel

so then i decide that a good old scrub with soap is required. And more towels.

So i had a lovely shiny botty, but a quick pinch of a loaf it certainly was not.

For me, the things need instructions.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RedmoonMWC

Ina desert trip in Egypt some years ago we'd been crapping in the desert au natural and finally camped at a proper site (as opposed to just anywhere) with "facilities" that were basically a shower base with a hole in the middle. There were no hand rails for squatting and i was so exhausted by this point that i just sat in the thing and let nature take it's horrible runny course after checking that the shower worked.

I'd be all for the NWO if it meant standardisation of the crapping procedure.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I cant believe I read this thread and watched the videos. I am highly addicted to ATS..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join