It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Man With A Twisted Motive Chased Down Officer, Stabbing Him Twice

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Chicago police officers went on a welfare check on a man who was suicidal.

The man was sitting with a knife in his hand.

He lunged at and stabbed one police officer and then walked away.

Police tried to talk to the man, but he lunged at another officer.

That was it. The police shot and killed the man.

The police officer is OK.

The police there wear protective vests most of the time.

Chicago Man With A Twisted Motive Chased Down Officer, Stabbing Him Twice

Officers are on high alert after a rash of recent planned attacks from individuals with misguided aggression, seeking to avenge the deaths of individuals killed by cops. In Chicago, where crime is rampant and guns are in all the wrong hands — the hands of criminals — the threat is exceptionally real and present.

Chicago Police were called to perform a welfare check on a suicidal man at his home around 6:40 pm on Christmas day. When they arrived, they found 25-year-old Terrence Gilbert sitting on his front porch with a knife in his hand. Officers approached the unstable man to see if he was okay, when he jumped up and charged toward them, stabbing one of the two officers twice in the torso, the Chicago Tribune reported.

......more local stories in the article.

edit on Dec-27-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Anyone who attacks a cop with a knife is either, very stupid, or suicidal.
You'd have to be very off the rocker to think you are going to come out on top in that fight.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Sounds pretty routine, especially for Chicago.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Seems the check on the suicidal man ended up in his suicide by checking-police. Maybe he was carving an apple, or just was playing with a knife (although not in traffic) on his own front porch. Nobody knows what really happened, if he asked the police to leave his property, etc. A sad case, and a reminder not to lunge at policemen with your knife.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So people get fed up with all cops, good and bad because
of the bad mostly. So when a good cop is attacked in
retaliation. Doesn't the blame at least partially belong to
bad cops?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Why do we call the cops for suicidal people?!

That is what they want half the time so they can do what this guy did and get killed.

edit on thSat, 27 Dec 2014 00:50:33 -0600America/Chicago1220143380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

So people get fed up with all cops, good and bad because
of the bad mostly. So when a good cop is attacked in
retaliation. Doesn't the blame at least partially belong to
bad cops?

I wonder if the man had been watching news reports the last few months.

The "bad" cops seem to get more media attention.

edit on Dec-27-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Can we really say this anything more then a man getting his death wish?
Or is everything going to be a pre meditated attack on police brought on by the current events.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Seems the check on the suicidal man ended up in his suicide by checking-police. Maybe he was carving an apple, or just was playing with a knife (although not in traffic) on his own front porch. Nobody knows what really happened, if he asked the police to leave his property, etc. A sad case, and a reminder not to lunge at policemen with your knife.

This is called "death by cop" and it happens all the time with suicidal people. There is no big story here...just the media spinning it to fit their narrative.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Just about every one of these recent shootings should be filed as Suicide By Cop.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

The man was sitting with a knife in his hand. He lunged at and stabbed one police officer and then walked away. Police tried to talk to the man, but he lunged at another officer. That was it. The police shot and killed the man.

i am confused....so in this case the officer was stabbed and after that the other officer tried to talk to the guy ?...so with all the cases of shoot first and ask questions later why on earth did the other officer try to talk to him knowing his partner had just been stabbed....something just does not add up here

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Officers are on high alert after a rash of recent planned attacks from individuals with misguided aggression, seeking to avenge the deaths of individuals killed by cops. In Chicago, where crime is rampant and guns are in all the wrong hands — the hands of criminals — the threat is exceptionally real and present.

I guess everybody missed the part where it was a knife attact, and the friggin story had to start off about guns.

edit on 27-12-2014 by liejunkie01 because: took out second part because I couldn't convey my message properly

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The man was sitting with a knife in his hand. He lunged at and stabbed one police officer and then walked away. Police tried to talk to the man, but he lunged at another officer. That was it. The police shot and killed the man.

i am confused....so in this case the officer was stabbed and after that the other officer tried to talk to the guy ?...so with all the cases of shoot first and ask questions later why on earth did the other officer try to talk to him knowing his partner had just been stabbed....something just does not add up here

He was obviously white. Otherwise the guy wouldn't have got close to them before getting shot.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The killing of two innocent police officers is causing the same outcry as the killing of black teenagers. So two incidents are causing the same paranoia. I personally think some of these incidents are not as innocent as the protesters make them out to be. I think they have a legitimate complaint of over use of force by some police officers, but there are other issues that need to be addressed, such as escalating encounters with the police.

To attack a police officer with a knife is a no brainier, you will most likely end up on the losing end. Escalate an encounter with a police officer who is armed with a gun, and is also concerned about his own life, is escalating a situation that can end with the person being arrested or worst losing your life.

If your rights are being violated, there are other means of getting justice. We have lawyers and the American Civil Liberties Union who can fight for your cause in a court of law. Becoming physical and fighting for your rights with a police officer... any person with any common sense would know it's a bad idea.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Damn, first ya can't point a gun at an officer without getting shot and now ya can't stab an officer without getting shot.

What is wrong with this Country?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The story is rife with inconsistency.....
The dead guy is not proven suicidal....
The cops must be pathetically stupid and poorly trained when they cannot subdue someone with a knife they happen to outnumber.....
This shoot first attitude has been accepted by the mainstream for just exactly what reason?
Cops don't seem to be able to do anything BUT shoot people....I guess if the only tool you have is a hammer...every problem looks like a nail......, but they are much better equipped than that.....
Tasers or night sticks don't even enter the picture compared to blowing people away these days.....some professionals these goof are..........

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Unless you are trying for sarcasm does this sum it up?

If they would have just shot first they would have been horrible.
They didn't shoot first and tried to talk to the guy after the stabbing so it doesn't add up.

How about the dead guy doesn't try to stab two people and none of this happens?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Sure I agree with all that but don't really see what it has to do with what I said.
Maybe I'm slow this morning

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

How about we don't call the cops to deal with suicidal people.
If some one wants to kill them selfs getting into an altercation with police is a great way to get the result you want.
Especially the way this guy did it.

I don't blame the cops for shooting here, just think we as Americans need to deal with this situation differently

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Are you serious?

A guy STABS an officer TWICE, goes after the other officer and you defend the attacker? Really?

I'm no fan of the police state we live in, but damn, how can you support someone stabbing a cop and not getting shot?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join