It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 52
<< 49  50  51   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk

originally posted by: Jamie1
I've visited Norway many times and love it.

Maybe you should visit the U.S. before making racist comments about the entire population.

I've looked over the post a few times and I can't seem to find the racist comments, and you KNOW I get offended over racist comments... so, would you care to point it out?

I think the blanket labeling of Americans as a paranoid population is racist.

Or are Americans the only nationality that it's ok to disparage?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

And maybe you should read my post before you claim it was racist. Do you even know what the word "racist" mean?

I am sorry, I can not take you seriously either. But thanks for the laugh, I needed it after reading all the creepy posts from gun nuts.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
I think the blanket labeling of Americans as a paranoid population is racist.

Or are Americans the only nationality that it's ok to disparage?

So, am I to assume that you aren't going to point out the racism?

See, this is why I can't take you seriously.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Closed for review.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
THIS THREAD HAS BEEN REOPENED FOR AN UPDATE:

Montgomery County prosecutor Mat Heck Jr. says the boy has been charged with involuntary manslaughter and robbery.

The shopper was determined to have acted in self-defense and was cleared of felony criminal charges.

Teenage boy charged in fatal shooting, robbery attempt outside Ohio mall days before Christmas
FoxNews: Link to story

The 16-year-old who was shot, Jawaad Jabbar, of Middletown, showed "a fully operable and loaded firearm in an attempt to commit an armed robbery," Heck said in a statement

Teen Charged in Fatal Ohio Mall Shooting, Robbery Attempt
NYT: Link to story

As expected by some here, the boy that instigated the robbery (he was unarmed) is now being charged for the death of his accomplice in the crime (the one that was armed and shot). This is how the law works in this country. If you commit a crime, regardless of the price of items, and someone is killed in the robbery attempt, you can be charged and held responsible for their death just as if you killed them yourself. A very important lesson to learn, for everyone.

edit on 1/21/2015 by Krakatoa because: added additional content

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

So going back to say he showed it?
I know in the eyes of the law that is all it takes but I don't think that is the verbiage that would have been used if he pulled it and pointed it at the guy.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So going back to say he showed it?
I know in the eyes of the law that is all it takes but I don't think that is the verbiage that would have been used if he pulled it and pointed it at the guy.

The fact is, it doesn't matter at all if he pointed it or not. The suspect used it as a threat against the victims life. Showing or pointing is the same in the eyes of the law. And, from a victims perspective, it would take less than 4 seconds for the suspect to draw and fire.....4 seconds. It took you longer to read this sentence than that time.

The victim was justified in killing his assailant as he was threatened with deadly force.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Ya hence me saying that in my post, that it doesn't change anything in the eyes of the law.

And I can read a sentence in shorter the four seconds

top topics

<< 49  50  51   >>

join