It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneedsays the guy calling for death.....

Well at least quote where I have called for anyone's death before making such reckless assumptions.

It's obvious that you would be perfectly happy in celebrating the death of an innocent victim. Apparently in your World, it's a tragedy that the aggressor ended up on the wrong side of the deal.

Does it make me happy that a human being had their life taken from them? = No of course not. Does it make me happy that the victim is the one who is left alive, absolutely it does. A smile from ear to ear concerning that result. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

No that's not what the second definition mean. Anyway if that's all what he did (showing the gun in his waist band) then yeah charge the shooter. Like the other posters have said, people applying for CCW permit have to go through training and such. I don't think he would have shot him if he didn't perceive him to be a threat. We will have to wait and see how the investigation turns out.
edit on 12/28/2014 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Fine read the other ones that just say he showed it.

All I am saying is we don't have the facts and no one is saying that he pointed it at the guy yet.

Every report I have read indicates this wannabe gangster in some form or another produced or showed the TRUE VICTIM (The poor man who had to shoot the kid) that he had a handgun. No matter which way you spin it, this is a potential threat to someone's life and lethal force is fully legitimate.

This case in itself also highlights your blinding Liberal Hypocrisy: Liberals would have this country believe that anyone carrying a gun, even concealed and fully licensed and trained is a threat to everyone around them and is gonna kill everyone around them, but they don't apply the same standard to 16 year old punks who are carrying a gun to be cool and flip out when said thug gets one in the head using the gun to commit a crime by someone who has, as a responsible, good lawful citizen jumped through all the hoops you Liberals have placed in their path to carry. Now the 16 year old punk with an illegally obtained gun and w/out any sort of registration or training or legal authority is some sort of victim and now we should start burning down our own neighborhoods.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

You keep on blabbering about how we are all happy about it, but can you provide any evidence where I said that?

No you can't. Now I have said that I am happy about the fact that the victim did not lose his life. Actually I am very happy that the criminal did not murder him.

What the hell are we arguing about anyway? Is there something wrong with you, why would you wish that an innocent person was murdered, just so you can feel good about what I cannot even fathom what?

Listen, You're not making any sense my friend, this is not personal. This is however a counter arguement against some crystal clear, chemically imbalanced, and utterly ridiculous and irrational thinking. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
a reply to: Shamrock6

Armed robbery is armed robbery. Whether he lifted his shirt up and showed it off or waved it around in the air screaming he had a gun, it's armed robbery. It's a violent crime.

LMFAO

So if it turns out this Kid just lifted his shirt up to reveal a gun thats exactly the same as if he is pointing it in your face? and you called me a coward hahahahaha

Hypothetical for anyone who cares to answer:
Did he still deserve to die/did the shooter do the right thing if the gun was just tucked in his pants?

You just want to argue for argues sake. The thug got Darwin'd and if it was me who pulled the trigger I'd have a party and celebrate being alive, afterwards we'd all go out and piss the booze out on the thugs grave.
Nice of you to defend the scum of the earth, it is funny.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

So you met every liberal and know how they all think and have decided to lump me in there too?

Yes the kid made the man aware that he had a gun , that does not automatically mean he pointed it in his face anymore that it could mean he just flashed the gun.
Keep your gun just don't stand on your soap box about how you have it to stand up to a tyrannical gov when you take it with you shopping.

This guy was in his right, already said that.
Doesn't mean I have to be ok with the outcome

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

And there will be a service for this poor kid with all his loved ones that there.
With a grieving mother and father who just want to know why their son made this idiotic decision that cost him his life
That must be the cherry on top.

Are they all going to proclaim his innocence? That he respected the law and never did nuffin? Just like that kid that got shot at the gas station in Missouri a couple days before Christmas who waiting to go to trial for ANOTHER ARMED ROBBERY. Yeah, they said he dindunuffin either. . . . .

If he didn't do nothin by having nearly 10 arrests on his record before he was 18 including a violent felony I must be a #ing saint, but you Liberals call me a threat to society because I carry a gun on my person to protect myself from vermin like this kid.

I have very little sympathy for his family. You don't need a perfect family to know that robbing people at gunpoint is bad. My first father was an abusive Alcoholic who I hardly ever saw and my stepfather was a former crackhead alcoholic and semi-abusive and hardly ever there, but I somehow know that robbing people is bad. If his family TRULY cared about their son, brother, nephew, they would have done something so he knew robbery was bad, but no, they didn't, they didn't care what he did. They are just waiting for Al Sharpton to roll up and incite the next race riot.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I understand why some people have problems with some people being happy with the outcome.

It is in human nature to feel some kind of instant gratification where karma hits somebody. What comes around comes around.

To quote from that movie The Mummy:

Evelyn: You know, nasty little fellows such as yourself always get their comeuppance.

Beni: They do?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

You can't help but just make it political huh?

What ever man.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

So you met every liberal and know how they all think and have decided to lump me in there too?

Yes the kid made the man aware that he had a gun , that does not automatically mean he pointed it in his face anymore that it could mean he just flashed the gun.
Keep your gun just don't stand on your soap box about how you have it to stand up to a tyrannical gov when you take it with you shopping.

This guy was in his right, already said that.
Doesn't mean I have to be ok with the outcome

Sorry, Im going by the typical Liberal mindset, I wasn't actually talking specifically about YOU. I also thought I made it more clear on the presentation of a weapon, so apologies on that, but either way: I have no sympathy for anyone who uses a gun in the commission of a crime, even for us gun nuts. Using a gun, the threat of a gun, or simply showing him you have one (IE lifting up your shirt to reveal you have one) is just as bad as pointing it in their face.

You don't have to be happy about it, but in the exact same way you are trying to prove your view point, I am trying to prove mine.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneedsays the guy calling for death.....

Well at least quote where I have called for anyone's death before making such reckless assumptions.

It's obvious that you would be perfectly happy in celebrating the death of an innocent victim. Apparently in your World, it's a tragedy that the aggressor ended up on the wrong side of the deal.

Does it make me happy that a human being had their life taken from them? = No of course not. Does it make me happy that the victim is the one who is left alive, absolutely it does. A smile from ear to ear concerning that result. ~$heopleNation

you were advocating death......and you were clearly happy about it....dont bother trying to turn around your sentiments they were loud and clear...in my world death for a kid who screwed up royally is not the answer...there is no need to go on with the bleeding heart garbage...the kid lost his life and that is a tragedy...was he in the wrong...yes he was....did the guy who was robbed deserve it... no he didnt....he will have to live with his decision for the rest of his life....i feel sick to my stomach that people here are happy this happened....when people start advocating death for others it is a lose lose and a massive fail for society

and this is one of your statements....

Absolutely a priceless response. "Pest Control", I could not have defined it any better myself. ~$heopleNation

if that does not mean you would happy being the exterminator please enlighten me

and since we are playing silly games...and i quote you again

It's obvious that you would be perfectly happy in celebrating the death of an innocent victim.

where did i say i would be happy celebrating the death of an innocent victim ?
edit on 28-12-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

you were advocating death......and you were clearly happy about it....dont bother trying to turn around your sentiments they were loud and clear...in my world death for a kid who screwed up royally is not the answer...there is no need to go on with the bleeding heart garbage...the kid lost his life and that is a tragedy...was he in the wrong...yes he was....did the guy who was robbed deserve it... no he didnt....he will have to live with his decision for the rest of his life....i feel sick to my stomach that people here are happy this happened....when people start advocating death for others it is a lose lose and a massive fail for society

When one group of people demands another group not defend their own life because of their offspring's choice of a life of crime, THAT IS A TOTAL MASSIVE FAIL for society.

When you demand that I don't protect my life so your son can have a pair of shoes that I worked hard for, THAT IS A MASSIVE FAIL FOR SOCIETY.

People who defend themselves are often under more scrutiny (IE Darren Wilson, George Zimmerman) than the criminal who did the action that led to their own demise, it's utter horse crap. This person just had to fight for their life against an only semi-human vermin, and then they are put on trial for doing so. It is a gross injustice, and whenever a case like this pops up, I wish to any god that might exist that the same situation happen to those who condemn the person who defended their life and they eat their own words. It would be a win win. If they choose to not defend themselves, they will get everything they deserve, and if they do, they are a blinding hypocrite and highlighted and put on display for the world to see, just like the person they originally condemned.
edit on 28-12-2014 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

When you demand that I don't protect my life so your son can have a pair of shoes that I worked hard for, THAT IS A MASSIVE FAIL FOR SOCIETY

i stand by my statement...when material goods are worth more than life that is the fail for society ....this is where it seems the great divide is happening.....the programming runs deep when there is a need for these material things....and that works on both sides of the have and have nots....those that will kill to keep their materials and those that would kill to steal the materials...that my friend is called a fail

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Being happy about the fact that someone who was minding their own business survives an encounter with a scum bag who was looking to victimize them has nothing to do with cheering on the death of another human being. However I personally do not feel bad about it one bit.

So now you know. I don't lose any sleep over it, nor would I if it were myself who pulled the trigger. Do I like people dying, no most people do not. Does what come around go around, eventually it does.

So why do you wish that criminals who pull guns on people end up succeeding? What other outcome would you expect?
They either victimize someone and live, victimize someone and also kill them, or they victimize someone but end up dead during the process?

Your sugar coated approval of criminal activity is an absolute failure. You obviously believe that it is ok to stick a gun into an innocent person's face and that there should be no consequence whatsoever.

You're just another enabler of violent thugs, there is accountability in your warped World. Something is seriously wrong with your way of thinking. I do hope you find some help though cause it's never to late to change destructive beliefs.

At the end of the day, nobody deserves to have a gun pulled on them, or to be robbed when all of us are just living our lives and trying to survive. Hopefully one day you might understand what I am trying to say. ~$heopleNation

edit on 28-12-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
You know..in a similar but not exact way ..this incident reminds me of the crooks in Mexico who "Twice Now" , in the last few years. have stolen cargo from a transport truck because they thought it was carrying something valuable.

It turned out that the valuable cargo was a hazardous Isotope used in radiation therapy...Cobalt 60.

I am thinking that some crooks never got the memo to be careful about what they steal or from whom they steal it.

Orangetom

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

You obviously have a hard time comprehending things. Here, let me help you out.

yeah yeah you are the master of all knowledge and anyone who disagrees has a comprehension problem...way to go maestro...

However I personally do not feel bad about it one bit.

yet you were smiling from ear to ear as you put it....even though the shooter most likely is not...he is most likely living in a deep state of regret right now

Your sugar coated approval of criminal activity is an absolute failure.

wow...try again...maybe you should take a look at your own comprehension ability.....lets go round and round again shall we...where did i advocate such a thing ?

Something is seriously wrong with your way of thinking. I do hope you find some help though cause it's never to late to change destructive beliefs.

right back at you i hope one day you will learn violence does not solve violence

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Nothing personal, Just trying to understand why you believe that threatening people with guns, and attempting to rob and victimize them, is ok with you?

Do you think that is rational? ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Nah it isn't about the shoes or any silly materialistic things. It's about lives. Somebody points a gun at your face and threaten to kill you, do you wait to see what he wants? In between him screaming and yelling at you and end of gun barrel in your face. You have no idea what the robber will do. He may or may not kill you whether or not you comply to he demands. It is no longer about shoes or any "materialistic" things. Its about YOUR life.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Here we go again...exactly what I was saying on the page before this one.

i stand by my statement...when material goods are worth more than life that is the fail for society ....this is where it seems the great divide is happening.....the programming runs deep when there is a need for these material things....and that works on both sides of the have and have nots....those that will kill to keep their materials and those that would kill to steal the materials...that my friend is called a fail

You make one gross mistake here...hopenotfeariswhatweneed. You do not account for the Risk in their occupations that the purchaser of the shoes made in earning that monies. This never enters the topic line. ..the Risks a person takes in earning their monies.

By this lack of reason...you make peoples lives disposable and expendable more than once for tennis shoes or whatever this person earning the monies wanted to purchase. They must now justify earning the monies more than once for the purchase. Their lives are diminished ..their value diminished. This is the fail for society. There is no divide here. The only one attempting to justify their perceived divide is people with your lack of reason and logic.

By this lack of logic..no one should have to earn tennis shoes...and no one should have them ..no matter how hard they work for them. Sound logic and reason. Very sound...everyone goes out of business.

You have to go to school to get that smart. Wow!!

Is it not Fredrick Bastiat in his book "The Law" where he uses the example of a kid breaking out a window to reason similar to what some are doing here.

Examining how a glass maker is kept in a job....how he person installing the broken window is in a job..etc etc etc. And then by this lack of logic and reason...we should be going out breaking all kinds of glass windows to keep everyone in a job.
No one talks about the risks the original window earner took in installing and paying for the original glass window. Their risks originally taken are expendable and disposable. The original owner is now expendable and disposable.
And the kids should go out breaking all kinds of glass windows to keep people in a job.

Orangetom

edit on 28-12-2014 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

Nothing personal, Just trying to understand why you believe that threatening people with guns, and attempting to rob and victimize them, is ok with you?

Do you think that is rational? ~$heopleNation

i do not think it is ok at all,theft is not ok .......i believe the same illness has affected both parties in this...........the same programming makes the consumer want the shoes and that same programming makes someone want to steal them...where does this need come from (that is rhetorical question)$200 dollar shoes are not worth dying for or killing for....

has anyone asked where or why this kid felt the need to brandish a gun to steal these shoes ? what circumstances led to the behavior in the first place?...from what i can tell it is a societal problem,when life becomes of less value than materials,we are all in big trouble.....how did we get to a point where human life is less valuable than a material possession ? this makes me sad to be part of the human race...for all of our advancements here we are ....

i could buy my child the latest and greatest toys and you know what all he wants is me to play with him...what does that tell you about our way of thinking ?

new topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join