It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
people make mistakes and do not necessarily deserve to die for them.....

If a thug points a gun at me and threatens my life, and at the same time tries to rob me, then yes he does deserve to die. Better he dies then me.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

fair call..that is not what i am disputing here it is the fact that some are in celebration of this kid dying...personally i think that kind of thinking is an illness

Didn't you ever watch The Wizard of Oz? Remember when the munchkins celebrated when the witch got killed?

Same thing. Ding dong the thug is dead. We're all better off. Darwin wins every time. Stupidity and thug behavior loses. Community is safer. Yeah!

There's 7 billion people in the world. The dumbass made the choice to risk his life for shoes and got shot.

Why do you care if I celebrate or not? Seriously. How does that affect your life?

great so now you quote a play as an anecdote for real life...how exactly do you find a correlation there ?

and to answer your question ....it is your choice to celebrate death if you wish i just find it disgusting ..it affects my life that people have lost their humanity .... i fear if this is how people think the future for my kids will be bleak...

edit on 28-12-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mugger

I've read most of this thread

Your either lying or are plain stupid, read the post above the one Im quoting here.
Actually I better do it for you

Same thing. Ding dong the thug is dead. We're all better off. Darwin wins every time. Stupidity and thug behavior loses. Community is safer. Yeah!

Thats a quote from this page so you were online when it was posted but the ENTIRE 1st page is people expressing joy and a sense of triumph. So I dont even think you read past the OP before responding and even the OP talks about this being a good thing!!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'm waiting for the, he was a good kid, waiting to go to college, the first in his family! Let's just go ahead and change the headlines now.. sweep the "stealing" part under the rug.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Listen, We are all trying hard to comprehend your thought process. Honestly though, I think you're either dangling a fish hook for a reaction, or you truly have the beliefs of an irrational mad man.

says the guy calling for death.....

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Listen, We are all trying hard to comprehend your thought process. Honestly though, I think you're either dangling a fish hook for a reaction, or you truly have the beliefs of an irrational mad man.

Dont care about the shooter, I dont care about the Kid I simply find it disgusting that this situation is a cause for Joy for most of the people here.
Click my member icon and read posts in this thread, Im not a criminal apologist and just think there is something really wrong with peole who celebrate senseless death and violence.
You dont need to be sad but there really is something wrong with you if this makes you happy

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
a reply to: mugger

I've read most of this thread

Your either lying or are plain stupid, read the post above the one Im quoting here.
Actually I better do it for you

Thats a quote from this page so you were online when it was posted but the ENTIRE 1st page is people expressing joy and a sense of triumph. So I dont even think you read past the OP before responding and even the OP talks about this being a good thing!!!!!
I see a lot of indifference to the death of a armed robber,so if this kid would have murdered the guy, would that make you happy? Good riddance and I am glad the guy defended himself and is safe. How can you defend evil?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I agree that it's sad. Nothing to rejoice over. However, mess with the bull, you get the horns. It is entirely boy's fault that he's dead. The shooter is well within his right to defend himself (if the report is accurate).

What a lot of people have problem with you is that you are advocating just letting violent criminals have their way by threatening people's lives (some have been killed even if they have complied). When you find yourself in a life threatening situation you WILL find a way to neutralize that threat, guaranteed.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I agree that it's sad. Nothing to rejoice over. However, mess with the bull, you get the horns. It is entirely boy's fault that he's dead. The shooter is well within his right to defend himself (if the report is accurate).

What a lot of people have problem with you is that you are advocating just letting violent criminals have their way by threatening people's lives (some have been killed even if they have complied). When you find yourself in a life threatening situation you WILL find a way to neutralize that threat, guaranteed.

i think you misunderstand ....no one is advocating the criminal should left to have their way...of course they shouldnt...it is the celebration of his death that is being debated...some people are getting mixed up with the intention...from some of the comments it would seem we are getting close to this kind of world.....

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No I didn't misunderstand. As I have said, the death of that boy is sad and tragic but that is his own fault. And IkNOwSTuff DID advocate letting violent criminals have their way with deadly force in few of his posts.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Whats this "slightest provocation" you mention?..the part where dumbass pulled a gun? My father taught or told me when I was a teen and wearing a knife that I had better know what Im doing in regards to the knife..he said do not ever dream of pulling a weapon unless your intent is to use it(trying to teach me not to be an idiot). Pulling a gun on someone is NOT "slightest provocation"..its damn serious.

edit on 28-12-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
Bank isn't on the Michigan web site, the others are accurate though.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

It's not confirmed he pulled the gun.
Nothing has been said more then brandishing.

This does not excuse what he did but if we are going to talk about what happened, lets keep it to what is being reported as no one knows much more at this point.
It was still a crime and for the sake of argument I'll say still a violent crime.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
ok Im just trying to say my 2 cents : its quite simple one hand you are white other hand you are black. the others with much respect dont matter... you have to bow either way. you want street cred for not bowing, youre killing us cop or street king... again for the 3rd time www.youtube.com... I dont get why u try to kill it its not explicit in anyway

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BilboBaggins3
I know none of you who are saying he got what he deserved EVER stole anything in your lives.

Of course I have stolen one or two things in my day, but never once did I even CARRY a weapon of any sort while doing it. Yes, I may have stolen a music CD or two in my day, but I never pulled a gun and tried to rob a person. Stealing stuff from Wal-Mart and running away is not in any way equivocal to threatening a persons life with 2 friends on the sidewalk.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: vonclod

It's not confirmed he pulled the gun.
Nothing has been said more then brandishing.

This does not excuse what he did but if we are going to talk about what happened, lets keep it to what is being reported as no one knows much more at this point.
It was still a crime and for the sake of argument I'll say still a violent crime.

Here, you Liberals love political correctness and specific definitions:

from Merriam Webster:

Full Definition of BRANDISH
transitive verb
: to shake or wave (as a weapon) menacingly
: to exhibit in an ostentatious or aggressive manner

Ok, he might not have aimed the gun at the man, but pulling a gun out of your waist band and telling him 'you better give me those shoes' is no less severe than pointing it in the mans face.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

There's a fine fine line between brandishing and pulling a gun and pointing the gun at someone. But both are done with intent to threaten someone with injury or death.
edit on 12/28/2014 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Fine read the other ones that just say he showed it.

All I am saying is we don't have the facts and no one is saying that he pointed it at the guy yet.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Dont care about the shooter, I dont care about the Kid I simply find it disgusting that this situation is a cause for Joy for most of the people here.
Click my member icon and read posts in this thread, Im not a criminal apologist and just think there is something really wrong with peole who celebrate senseless death and violence.
You dont need to be sad but there really is something wrong with you if this makes you happy

I'm not going to throw a party, but now I we all know there are 2 things:

1.) There is one less armed burglar on the streets of Miami Township, Ohio.
2.) Obvious or not, this has shown the rest of the little gangsters in said town that some people are armed and will defend themselves, and if the publicity this case has gotten has made some stupid gang banger think twice about robbing a person, then it is icing on the cake.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Brandish does not have to mean pulled out, hence the second definition in what you just posted.

All he has to do is show it in his waist band and it can be brandishing.

Just saying before we paint the picture, lets make sure we know what happened.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

And there will be a service for this poor kid with all his loved ones that there.
With a grieving mother and father who just want to know why their son made this idiotic decision that cost him his life
That must be the cherry on top.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join