It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well their is your problem, faith.

I'm a believer of Darwin, not faith. 16 is not a boy in some countries, it's a young man legally allowed to have sex and kids.

Here is a slightly off topic stat but I'm sure I could read across. More children have and are dying in Ethiopia since dogooders like you saved them from famine with Band Aid. So your faith in humanity has caused even more death and misery for a lot longer. If we had less faith, and were able to see that yes it's very sad, but in the long run there would be few deaths, then that hole called Ethiopa would be in a better place right now, Darwiniasm you see, step away from faith.

Now if we didn't kill this armed robber he would spend time in prison, what's the rehabilitation rate of armed robbers? Likely to come out, live in a ghetto and breed a few more potential future problems.

What this poor victim had to do, is pruning the tree of scum for now and in the future, he lopped off a branch that will bear no fruit which will grow more trees of scum.

Bravo that man.

And like I previously said, lie down and give him the shoes, what's next, he points the gun at an old boy for his wallet who died of a heart attack, he points it at a 7-11 clerk who panics and gets shot, he then points it at a police officer? You would rather have faith that it was a mistake and it will never happen again, I don't want to give it chance to happen again and I don't trust any rehabilitation system.

I am not pro gun, I am happy living in a country where firearms are illegal and most shootings are between criminals and not innocent people, however, people are robbed at knifepoint and beaten into coma's for their phone, whilst it would be nice to loose a few off at a couple of thugs with a knife intent on taking my phone and with no regard to my health, no I would not change the law.

So forget all this gun control nonsense, if thug robbed me at knifepoint and I gave him my phone and whilst running away was flattened by a bus, I would still celebrate.

Take all your soft 16 year old boy made a mistake and horrible humans are celebrating. In Saudi they chop of their hands first.

In Africa they beat them to within death then burn them.

In many other places in these scum just disappear.

In the UK they go to jail and then become a burden on hard working people who have to work harder for longer, our pension age had gone up 5 years since I started work and is looking to go up 5 more. I am working until I die in part to pay for this scum who will live off benefits.

So excuse me for celebrating, because in my human make up, a good thing has been done and how dare you think you are above me because of your faith. Most problems in this world would be solved with a lot less faith IMO. Start your own thread on the loss of humanity celebrating the death of an innocent 16 year old child and I promise I won't visit it trying to convince you that you are wrong because you believe different to me.
edit on 27-12-2014 by TheCrowMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
We got the usual cry baby thug enablers here defending the dead criminal. Most of them would have their life taken so quick by one of these dirt bags that they defend, only they are too stupid to even realize it. Like sitting dumb founded ducks. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Jamie1

Yeah lets celebrate crime and death in this country!

Yay!

WHAT????

Who is celebrating crime? I see people celebrating self-defense, & pest control. Nothing more, nothing less

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

can a 5 year old kill with a fire arm ? of course he can....what is your point ?kids make terrible decisions everyday it does not mean they deserve to die for them.......you had better hope if you have kids they do not make mistakes because they might just get killed for them....this might be the world you want to live in and have your kids grow up in it just isnt mine

Appeal to emotion fallacy. You confirmed my point, it is well within the ability for a 16 year old to kill someone with a deadly weapon. So the age is irrelevant when that deadly weapon is pointed at someone. Their gun will kill just as quick as a gun pointed from a 30 year old.

edit on 27-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Absolutely a priceless response. "Pest Control", I could not have defined it any better myself. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: opethPA

He was a teenager, his is a kid, there is no making excuses.
Just cause he thought that he could use a gun to get what he wants doesn't make him a man.
imo it makes him more immature.

If that's your conclusion then that would make him more dangerous, not less.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Did Al Sharpton cast a shillism spell on the Internet lately? Hey I am just asking cause I have no idea what is going on.

It's as if all commonsense has completely left the discussion. People are getting sick and tired of this crap, and it's going to eventually boil over soon. Yeah, Law Abiding citizens have opinions too!

Well at least until it's one these apologists themselves, or their loved ones, who are sitting at the end of a barrel of a gun.

Yep, Then their little self righteous, feel good moment would twist and turn down the turd pipe along with the rest of the current irrational bs.

It's such a joke, these idiots are endangering other law abiding citizens lives by defending them actually. They encourage these law breakers. ~$heopleNation
edit on 27-12-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

edit on 27-12-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I cant believe the attitude of most of the posts so far, it was a teenager trying to steal a pair of shoes!!!!
A teenager whos previous record consisted of stealing food, not violent crimes yet you would think hes some sort of mass murdering, child rapist cannibal, Im confident with the right guidance he could have been shown the error of his ways or rehabilitated.

You all agree its not worth dying over a pair of shoes yet you all seem to not only think its OK but revel in the fact you should kill for some, how you cannot see the complete lack of logic in this is beyond me.

I wonder if while this guy was drawing his gun, if the kid had of shot HIM dead if you would all be saying the same stuff?
"GO DARWIN"
"What idiot is prepared to die for a $200 pair of shoes"
"Why didnt he just hand them over then his wife and kids would still have a husband and father"

Somehow I dont think so

To an ignorant outsider like myself as well as many others on this site it almost seems like you guys just cant wait to get a chance to pop what you all consider a righteous cap in someones ass.

Sad story and how any of you can get any joy or a feeling of satisfaction out of this is beyond me.
You live in a sick twisted culture

As regards your post back on page 2 of this thread....IkNOwSTuff.

I've been wondering if you would show up to bleed for the people on this thread.

I am going to point out a problem with your view of the sacredness of life ..all life.

The life you are forgetting here in this instance is the life of the person who earned the monies to purchase these shoes....some $200.00 if I recall the amount.

What you ignore is the value of the persons life who earned the monies..possibly condemming this person to earn the monies twice or more to get the shoes.

First off...I have no use for $200.00 shoes..but I don't tell another on what to spend their monies.

As I stated before in one of my posts...I handle nuclear fuel for a living. I take Risks for my monies earned.

Under your belief system ..I am expendable and disposable for someone else to have the shoes or whatever it is that I purchased. Condemmed to labor at risk for this monies twice or more..put my safety/risk on the line twice or more for someone of this ilk to get it without risk.

What you propose here is making the life and safety/risks of the person earning the monies expendable and disposable for your sentiments.

For people who take serious risks for their monies..what you propose here does not make good nonsense..but it does put ointment on your feeling and sentiments. It just is not logical or reasonable when you factor in the understanding or thought of what RISKS the person buying the shoes takes for their monies.
And this is a thought process seldom brought out by people using your tack. It is also the one factor and idea/knowledge missing from this story. What risks a person takes with their lives and safety for their monies.
I do not assume this factor away as non existant in trying to pigeon hole everyone into the same stupidity of "Feelings."

It is obvious by the events recorded that this youth had changed his game plan..or strategy...had upped the stakes and risks in trying to get something for nothing..by entitlement. It was obviously a fatal mistake in judgment.

No one has stated what the person shooting this person did for a living..but I do not assume that they are expendable and disposable for someone else's pet beliefs. The shooter I would not condemn two or more times to get people like this shoes.

That is exactly what our government is doing to people with the recent passing of health care...condemming some to more work ..and RISK to pay for it for someone else to have it without work and risk.

While I don't agree with the people glorying over this shooting ..I also don't agree with making someone else expendable and disposable to earn the shoes or anything else and twice or more to ease someone else's sentiments and belief system. That is exactly what a government would do. It is also what you are doing. Thinking people can see this once it is pointed out to them.
That someone in this system considers them and their labors and risks, taken in earning their monies, to be expandable and disposable to the caliber of such thieves.

Have others pay for or risk more for this person to have shoes they did not earn...and thus diminishing the ability of those who work and risk to have discretion over what they earn or for what they work.

It is not logical and reasonable and tells that you do not value the labor and risk taking of those earning the monies in order to make everyone equal and valuable in their lives...only surface appearances...your feelings.

It does not sell to those who can think it through.

This was also my belief about the Aussie government removing so many guns from the pubic...they did not consider their peoples lives and risk taking valuable in lieu of political considerations in that restaurant or chocolate restaurant shooting by that Muslim man..recently. And you see the result. It is your country..but that is my belief...the Aussie government does not consider their peoples lives and risk taking valuable ..in lieu of political considerations.
This is going to happen again in Australia with the same or similar results.
Remember your statement about good guys and bad guys...??

I still believe the same ..there are no good guys or bad guys in this incident..they are all bad guys.
But one fellow earned the monies to purchase the shoes. One did not. One of them made a bad choice...or perhapsed three of them chose badly. One of them did not survive it.

I am wondering if the political pimps and whores in our government are going to try to make political hay out of this...ie..PC...as they are so want to do today. This in an attempt to make us more like Brits or Aussies....expendable and disposable. No thanks. Not interested.

Remember I told you this kind of thing is often covered up in the news media..particularly the national news media. Only in local news and on sites like this one would most people know of it nation wide or even world wide. In this manner the internet has gotten the word out as to how often it happens. Apparently this news does not often make it to Australia outside of sites like this one. The controlled PC Media would have people believing guns never protect people and that only nuts use guns in America.
This is beginning to backfire on this government at the federal and state levels as more news and information's like this leaks out. I can see why someone wants to censor or shut down the internet.

I am adding this in edit function IkNOwSTuff. I owe you and apology as I am getting you mixed up with someone from that other thread which I just went back and re read. I am mixing you up with someone who calls themselves rnaa. My apologies for that mix up.

However I still stand by what I stated about making some people expendable and disposable in their occupations Risk Taking ...to people like this person want to steal their shoes. Making some people or putting them in a position to have to earn the $200.00 again.

Orangetom
edit on 27-12-2014 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I've read most of this thread and find it very disturbing that people are defending a armed robber.I can't add much more to krakatoa and ocams razors replies, but give them stars.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I've been reading page after page of this thread and I keep seeing the terms, "children," "child," "kid," "teen," used over and over by the posters who continue to defend the actions of the "child" in question and are highly offended by the fact that a man, confronted by a mere "child" with a gun, shot said aforementioned "child" dead right there. Well now, I would submit to you of the "no need to shoot the poor little innocent kid just trying to get a pair of shoes for his underprivileged friend," crowd a challenge. As soon as possible, go directly to the nearest gang/thug/ sorry, "child" infested area by yourself, unarmed, preferably at night. I would suggest that you wear your best shoes/sneekers, your finest watch, (perhaps a Rolex,) and make sure to flash plenty of cash for all to see. Then, come back to this thread, (if you can,) and let me know how your talking to and "counseling" these unfortunate "youngsters" worked out for ya. In other words, if these "children" are so misunderstood and harmless, put your money, (life,) where your mouth is. Now, go ahead and let me have it. Go ahead. But, I betcha you don't take my challenge.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You got the last part right...we DO live in a sick twisted culture.

We agree on something, Yay!!!!!

Problem is you missed the context, robberies happen everywhere and criminals arent necessarily indicative of a sick culture. No I was referring to you and your messed up buddies on this thread who are rejoicing in a Kids death,
Who think someone who feels the need to walk around armed and will kill another human at the slightest provocation is a hero.
Nowhere else in the civilised world does this mentality exist and its always the progunners, you all talk about having them for safety but thats BS, most of you and definitely the ones who are happy about this death are just dreaming of the day you can use your weapon to take someone out. You can scream and deny all you like but your sick totally inhumane mentalities give you away.

For the record, again, because you anti lifers dont seem to have the attention span or inclination to read the whole thread. Im not what you Americans call a liberal, Im am very anti PC, I believe in capital punishment and think most systems are way to soft on criminals, I didnt say the shooter was wrong, I havent defended the Kid, All Ive done is comment on how messed up all of you who think that this is a happy occasion and something to rejoice in. You guys just cant see how sad you all are

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

people make mistakes and do not necessarily deserve to die for them.....

If a thug points a gun at me and threatens my life, and at the same time tries to rob me, then yes he does deserve to die. Better he dies then me.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

fair call..that is not what i am disputing here it is the fact that some are in celebration of this kid dying...personally i think that kind of thinking is an illness

Didn't you ever watch The Wizard of Oz? Remember when the munchkins celebrated when the witch got killed?

Same thing. Ding dong the thug is dead. We're all better off. Darwin wins every time. Stupidity and thug behavior loses. Community is safer. Yeah!

There's 7 billion people in the world. The dumbass made the choice to risk his life for shoes and got shot.

Why do you care if I celebrate or not? Seriously. How does that affect your life?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Problem is you missed the context, robberies happen everywhere and criminals arent necessarily indicative of a sick culture. No I was referring to you and your messed up buddies on this thread who are rejoicing in a Kids death,
Who think someone who feels the need to walk around armed and will kill another human at the slightest provocation is a hero.
Nowhere else in the civilised world does this mentality exist and its always the progunners, you all talk about having them for safety but thats BS, most of you and definitely the ones who are happy about this death are just dreaming of the day you can use your weapon to take someone out. You can scream and deny all you like but your sick totally inhumane mentalities give you away.

For the record, again, because you anti lifers dont seem to have the attention span or inclination to read the whole thread. Im not what you Americans call a liberal, Im am very anti PC, I believe in capital punishment and think most systems are way to soft on criminals, I didnt say the shooter was wrong, I havent defended the Kid, All Ive done is comment on how messed up all of you who think that this is a happy occasion and something to rejoice in. You guys just cant see how sad you all are
I don't see anyone happy with his death, a man defended himself against an armed robber. Good for that guy to defend himself instead of being murdered.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Armed robbery is armed robbery. Whether he lifted his shirt up and showed it off or waved it around in the air screaming he had a gun, it's armed robbery. It's a violent crime.

LMFAO

So if it turns out this Kid just lifted his shirt up to reveal a gun thats exactly the same as if he is pointing it in your face? and you called me a coward hahahahaha

Hypothetical for anyone who cares to answer:
Did he still deserve to die/did the shooter do the right thing if the gun was just tucked in his pants?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

You already know that answer.

The crime is the same so the result will be unchanged.

Sad that this kid decided to feel the need to take these shoes by any means.

And yes 16 years old is a kid people.
Ask your mom
edit on thSat, 27 Dec 2014 23:58:17 -0600America/Chicago1220141780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mugger

I don't see anyone happy with his death, a man defended himself against an armed robber. Good for that guy to defend himself instead of being murdered.

really then you should go back and read the whole thread......here i will quote one just for you......

I see it as another piece of criminal trash that will never rob or threaten anyone again. And, yes, I celebrate that FACT.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Emerys

Our founding fathers knew the need for this and this story only strengthens my gratitude towards the 2nd amendment.

I somehow doubt the founding fathers envisged anything like this when they included the 2nd.
From what Ive gathered in other threads it was 1st to stop foreign invaders and 2nd to keep the Gov in check, I doubt very much the FF's would be rejoicing at the thought of Americans blowing each other away walking out of shopping malls

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

So how do you decide who is an anti Lifer anyway? I mean should the guy who is going about his business in his daily life just bow down to your thug hero and just hope that his life is not taken?

I mean how do you differ one from the other? Would it not be a life taken if it was not the other way around? Does the innocent victims life mean any less than the aggressor?

Listen, We are all trying hard to comprehend your thought process. Honestly though, I think you're either dangling a fish hook for a reaction, or you truly have the beliefs of an irrational mad man.

Either way, We are all entitled to our own personal opinions on these matters, no matter how warped and distorted some of those views may be. At least we are all keeping the discussion somewhat civil thus far.~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I can't believe the number of born victims on this thread who would just roll over and let some thug piece of crap take something from them, instead of fighting back. If someone pulled a gun on me and demanded something, I'd shoot him-not necessarily to kill- but he'd have a hole. I'd make damn sure he was no longer a threat.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

edit on 28-12-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: double

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join