It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: UnTrust

How do you know the intentions of the perps.

That is a two way street.

I'll answer your questions when you answer mine.
You called a poster weak and wuss cause he admitted in this case he would just hand over the shoes.
I asked multiple times if the only way to show strength and bravery is to kill the person.
Is that how you see it?

You're mistaken. I never called anyone weak or a wuss, that was another poster.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You are right, I apologize.
*sticks both feet in mouth*

I am sorry you have lost friends and that has lead you to think they way you do and it is understandable.

I have a different thought process shaped by different life experiences.
Call it naive all you want but it has worked for 20 going on 30 years and I have been in sticky situations more then once

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

To answer your question: no, killing is not the only way to show strength and bravery. But if it comes down to the choice, I'd rather not be the one people say "well he sure was brave, shame that guy killed him anyway" about.

Ps I hope your feet are clean

edit on 27-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

You are right, I apologize.
*sticks both feet in mouth*

I am sorry you have lost friends and that has lead you to think they way you do and it is understandable.

I have a different thought process shaped by different life experiences.
Call it naive all you want but it has worked for 20 going on 30 years and I have been in sticky situations more then once

'
No apologies needed, mistakes happen. I guess for me coming from where I came and living all over as well, I see very little humanity in humans. I also did all kinds of dumb # when I was this mans age and almost gotten myself killed on a few occasions. But I knew when I was doing what I was doing what the worst case scenario could be. I changed my life before it was too late. And I very much do believe in piece but I also believe that people shouldn't live in fear which is the case in a lot of places

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: Krakatoa

Nothing to see here, just natural selection.. move along.
edit: Dangit, the new girl beat me to it! :-( Welcome to ATS!!

I know this was a sarcastic post (meant to be funny), but, if we ignore these type of stories, and only broadcast and "discuss" cases of bad cops doing bad things, then we do an injustice to all those that do follow the law, and only further glorify the thug mentality.

That's just it he wasn't following the law. The mall has strict rules against guns on their property so the guy could be charged with a misdemeanor.

To bad disobeying rules doesn't get people locked up like you would like. The mall MAY have had a no guns allowed policy, but he wasn't breaking the LAW. He would only have been breaking the law if he had been asked to leave because of his weapon and he didn't, which didn't happen. Stop being ignorant and scared of guns. This guy went into a store to get a pair of very expensive shoes and was probably extremely stressed out and guess what?! HE DIDNT SHOOT ANY FELLOW CUSTOMERS, OMG, TRUTH, LOGIC, hope it didn't overload you.

Punk got what he deserved. Now we can be sure that he will never put another persons life in danger again. Good riddance.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I am glad I was born and raised in Texas! I am blessed to have grown up with parents that taught me the dangers of guns, but also their benefits. You must respect your weapons, and respect how you use them. Once that trigger is pulled, there is no going back. Those of us with CHL are trained to examine the situation and only use if we feel that our lives and the lives around us are in danger. Things happen for a reason, that person was there at the right time. And who knows, this kid could have escalated to murder status down the line. I am so sick of hearing all this hate against weapons, I have owned a gun since I was 6, and I have never used my gun against another human being, but know how to if the need arises. Our founding fathers knew the need for this and this story only strengthens my gratitude towards the 2nd amendment.
edit on 27-12-2014 by Emerys because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Everyone keeps saying, " I did dumb stuff too when I was his age."

No you didn't! Oh, you got in some fights, you shoplifted some beer or cigarettes, you got drunk and hassled the cops.

You didn't pull a gun on a man. Jawaad threatened this mans life. Never in human history was this okay to do.

This moral equivalency is killing me. Everyone did some dumb stuff. Very few of us actually displayed a lethal weapon in an attempt to procure goods.

This guy got what was coming to him. The rest of you didn't. You were never this bad, quit fibbing.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Nothing to see here, just natural selection.. move along.
edit: Dangit, the new girl beat me to it! :-( Welcome to ATS!!

I know this was a sarcastic post (meant to be funny), but, if we ignore these type of stories, and only broadcast and "discuss" cases of bad cops doing bad things, then we do an injustice to all those that do follow the law, and only further glorify the thug mentality.

That's just it he wasn't following the law. The mall has strict rules against guns on their property so the guy could be charged with a misdemeanor.

Buster as a CCW holder who has been to that mall you are the first person and this is the first time I have heard about any "strict rules" about guns on the property they may have signs but I haven't seen them before in fact the shooting happened outside of the mall.

Also that supposed "strict rule" about guns on the property. Shouldn't that have applied to the would be robbers equally? So I would say any rules against legally carrying weapons seems kind of stupid doesn't it.

As to your other question.

So where is the handgun? The article says nothing about it being recovered so did the guy shoot the kid that wasn't armed? Common sense says shoot person with the gun do that and the others won't bother you because they know you mean business.

Police seized both the shooter’s gun and the gun that was with the juveniles. - See more at: www.whio.com...

There is a joke down in Miami that is often told to vistors about the Miami train it goes something like.

Have you ever heard of Miami train policy?

No why?

Give me your money or I will Chu Chu. (made to sound like shoot you)
edit on 27-12-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I know none of you who are saying he got what he deserved EVER stole anything in your lives.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Some rather disheartening points of view floating around in this thread. Killing another person should not be a joyous occasion. Killing another human being is not some sport needing celebration and/or accolades. And one can support the shooters decision and still hold that point of view. Seems some would like us to believe that if we frown upon the celebration of another persons death that we are somehow in support of a thug culture. Not true at all. If a situation presents itself then by all means, do what you have to do. But to declare the act a success in need of celebration is just plain barbaric.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BilboBaggins3
I know none of you who are saying he got what he deserved EVER stole anything in your lives.

Are you saying mugging people is a normal part of growing up? I must have missed out on that.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BilboBaggins3

I stole a piece of candy when I was 8. Of course, I didn't have a gun, so I didn't flash a gun at anybody to get it.

And my dad whooped my hind parts when I whipped out my candy post-dinner, made me take it back, and allowed the store owner to tell me all about how he usually calls the police on thieves.

Haven't stolen anything since. Not even a pen from an employer

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BilboBaggins3

I once stole a MAD-magazine, when I was a teen, I simply threw it into my mom's shopping cart after checkout so we ended up not paying for it.

I guess, according to your logic, this about on the same level as shoving a loaded gun into someone's face (likely with the intention to use it, if necessary).

Your "who whom is without sin should throw the first rock" analogy doesn't work here, I am afraid.

Maybe your (US) problem right now is that an astonishing amount of people cannot differentiate anymore. Fortunately, for some few remaining people, armed robbery STILL IS sort-of a huge deal. If it's not for you, you do have a problem.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

It is not confirmed that he pointed it at the guy.

All the reports simply say that it was shown or brandished.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

It is not confirmed that he pointed it at the guy.

All the reports simply say that it was shown or brandished.

Fyi, brandishing is still a felony, and if done as part of a robbery, it bumps that up to armed robbery immediately. The act was not any prank, or little mistake. He attempted armed robbery, and he paid the ultimate price for that bad decision. The item is irrelevant, as pointed out numerous times in the thread.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Double post...sorry.

edit on 12/27/2014 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Ya never said it was any less of a crime, just that it is not confirmed it was pointed in the guys face.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Ya never said it was any less of a crime, just that it is not confirmed it was pointed in the guys face.

But the point is that it did not matter legally if he did or not.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You are right, 'legally' he was in the right.
I have never said he wasn't.
And that wasn't the point of me bringing up that it wasn't pointed in his face.

If we are going to talk about the event then we can't just make stuff up.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Here is something to remember as well.

the Florida Legislature enacted in 2005 what has been popularly known as the “Stand Your Ground” law. This law, as codified in Sections 776.012, and 776.013, Florida Statutes, provides that a person is justified in the use of deadly force and has no duty to retreat if either:

(1) the person reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself, or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or
(2) the person acts under and according to the circumstances set forth in Section 776.013 (pertaining to the use of force in the context of a home or vehicle invasion).
Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law does not create a new type of affirmative defense. The principle that a person may use deadly force in self-defense if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm has been the law in Florida for well over a century. See Lovett v. State, 30 Fla. 142, 163-164 (Fla. 1892). Rather than creating a new defense, “Stand Your Ground” broadens the scope of a self-defense claim by establishing a general “no duty to retreat” rule.
www.husseinandwebber.com...

Robbery is the crime of taking or attempting to take anything of value by force, robbery is always a felony for this reason.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join