It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: UnTrust

I didn't say anything about shoes.

I'm a not a little pussy. If someone was pointing a gun at me for whatever the reason, you can bet I'll fire on him if I get the chance. Your shock and disgust comes from your weakness to act like a wuss when threatened.

You said this.
I am asking if killing the person is the only way to show strength and bravery.

You're response to him was his response to someone saying the kid was killed for shoes. My point was a lot of times the victims of robberies could likely be victims of murder, I've personally known close friends where that was the case, so why would someone armed take that chance. But it does take testicular fortitude to defend yourself using lethal force

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well to be fair even if it did come up, they would be met with the same response.
A sarcastic "Of course people carry around extra guns to plant on people".

Would you entertain the idea that this guy just so happened to have an extra gun that wasn't registered to him?

ETA: Told ya

edit on thSat, 27 Dec 2014 17:02:56 -0600America/Chicago1220145680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

My response was to you calling a poster weak.
Yes it was in your response to the poster that mentioned the shoes but I was not responding to that

Your shock and disgust comes from your weakness to act like a wuss when threatened.

This is what I am responding to.
So again, is the only way to show strength and bravery to kill the person?
ETA:

But it does take testicular fortitude to defend yourself using lethal force

I would say it takes more finger pressure, but hey shoot how you want

edit on thSat, 27 Dec 2014 17:01:56 -0600America/Chicago1220145680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thSat, 27 Dec 2014 17:04:14 -0600America/Chicago1220141480 by Sremmos80 because: Respiring?! wtf auto correct

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Good point. I haven't seen one comment about how the gun was probably a plant. Because, you know, people are people and will do anything to save their hide, including planting evidence and such

Because everything is a conspiracy? And yeah, im sure people carry around an extra firearm or two just for the sole fact of planting them on corpses for situations like this.......lol

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
edit on 27-12-2014 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

My response was to you calling a poster weak.
Yes it was in your response to the poster that mentioned the shoes but I was not responding to that

Your shock and disgust comes from your weakness to act like a wuss when threatened.

This is what I am respiring to.
So again, is the only way to show strength and bravery to kill the person?
ETA:

But it does take testicular fortitude to defend yourself using lethal force

I would say it takes more finger pressure, but hey shoot how you want

That's true lol

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I cant believe the attitude of most of the posts so far, it was a teenager trying to steal a pair of shoes!!!!
A teenager whos previous record consisted of stealing food, not violent crimes yet you would think hes some sort of mass murdering, child rapist cannibal, Im confident with the right guidance he could have been shown the error of his ways or rehabilitated.

You all agree its not worth dying over a pair of shoes yet you all seem to not only think its OK but revel in the fact you should kill for some, how you cannot see the complete lack of logic in this is beyond me.

I wonder if while this guy was drawing his gun, if the kid had of shot HIM dead if you would all be saying the same stuff?
"GO DARWIN"
"What idiot is prepared to die for a $200 pair of shoes"
"Why didnt he just hand them over then his wife and kids would still have a husband and father"

Somehow I dont think so

To an ignorant outsider like myself as well as many others on this site it almost seems like you guys just cant wait to get a chance to pop what you all consider a righteous cap in someones ass.

Sad story and how any of you can get any joy or a feeling of satisfaction out of this is beyond me.
You live in a sick twisted culture

You got the last part right...we DO live in a sick twisted culture. And we are so damn sick of it that if someone is stupid enough to rob someone else, many of us believe that is their choice and if they die for their choice that is solely upon them. We have the right to protect ourselves and our possessions. NO EXCEPTION! If everyone knew that they are risking their life by breaking the law, there would be a lot less bad guys. And THAT is what we all want...peace...no fear. And if the bad guys have to die to get there, what the hell is wrong with that? They cause it...the good guys are sick of it...they die for it and it stops.

Quit it with the liberal attitude "it was just a pair of shoes". Yes...a pair of shoes, and one dead punk that didn't deserve to live and didn't have a right to try to steal from another. The victim has rights you know. The right to live in peace and without fear. Obviously...this guy did. And he did every other law-abiding citizen a FAVOR. Grow up...bad people ask for anything they get.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

I do hope you picked up on my sarcasm...

@ sremmos - maybe the regulars are all just taking the day off from ATS. I still have hope

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Actually, it takes more than just finger pressure to kill someone. It takes someone without a clear conscience. Not everyone has it in them to take another human beings life. It really does take some balls to kill another human being. Its not as simple as "pulling the trigger" - Far too many times you see someone choke and freeze behind the trigger when the realization of what they are about to do sets in (RE: killing someone)

...then you have circumstances and reasons behind it. Which also plays a role. There are a lot of moving parts involved with this subject.

edit on 27-12-2014 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I do hope you picked up on my sarcasm...

@ sremmos - maybe the regulars are all just taking the day off from ATS. I still have hope

Woops, my bad
It flew over my head. My apologies.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Yay death!

Crucify anyone if they ever do anything wrong!

Destroy!

Oh, the american way!

Amen! Live in peace or die. Works for me

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoAngel2u

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: NOTurTypical

he was a 16 year old kid who never had the chance to learn from his mistakes.....it is sad when we people decide that they are judge jury and executioner....

Yes, he did have chances. He did not learn from those chances. Perhaps killing someone would have been the lesson he needed to turn his life around? Who's loved one would you volunteer to provide him that lesson?

I wish for him and his family that he had not made the choice, again, to be a criminal, but he's not the victim. He suffered the consequences of his choice to be a criminal. The ACTUAL victim did NOT decide to be judge, jury and executioner. He was FORCED by a criminal to DEFEND himself.

no doubt he made a poor choice and paid the ultimate price for it...it is sad but it happened...now i have a problem with people whom are celebrating the death of this child...if you had read all of my comments you would have understood that much

link   

Not everyone has it in them to take another human beings life.

I would agree here, which is why I take issue with the kill or be killed mentality that pushes that if you don't kill some one then they will kill you.

link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

Sorry we're living in a world where 15 yo punks MAY indeed shoot you death over a fricking pair of shoes.

No your living in a COUNTRY where a 16 yo kid MAY indeed shoot you over a pair of shoes.
I think its obvious from the fact he didnt shoot first his intention was to intimidate rather than kill.
If killing was his plan the guy wouldnt have had time to draw

Still good he is no longer part of this country!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
people make mistakes and do not necessarily deserve to die for them.....

If a thug points a gun at me and threatens my life, and at the same time tries to rob me, then yes he does deserve to die. Better he dies then me.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

fair call..that is not what i am disputing here it is the fact that some are in celebration of this kid dying...personally i think that kind of thinking is an illness

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I would agree here, which is why I take issue with the kill or be killed mentality that pushes that if you don't kill some one then they will kill you.

While I agree here, when adrenaline kicks in during these situations, most people are not thinking clearly. So if someone is aiming at firearm at you, the first thing that goes through a lot of peoples minds are fight or flight. For all you know, the person aiming the firearm at you isn't bluffing and the last thing you're thinking about is how he may not have it in him to actually pull the trigger. Especially if the person aiming at you is a complete stranger. Now, if you know the person then perhaps a little more clarity will be involved, but all bets are off when its a stranger aiming a firearm at you.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Are you willing to take that chance? If there is a possibility that someone is going to take mine then I am not. People get killed everyday in this world for less then shoes. How about teaching our youth to not rob people with guns and doing foolish things to get themselves killed. Why bring a gun to rob someone?? One to scare them into submission or to kill them if they do or don't, sometimes, comply with your demands. It's kill or be killed in those situations. I think it's sad that noone taught this young man better but that doesn't change the fact of the decision he made that led to his death

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Yes I would agree that the mind gets clouded but TBH if you are going to be carrying around a gun and willing to use it then you better be able to keep a straight head about it.

I guess my point is I don't see how it shows strength or bravery to shoot and kill some one anymore then it shows the same to refrain from it.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Yes I would agree that the mind gets clouded but TBH if you are going to be carrying around a gun and willing to use it then you better be able to keep a straight head about it.

I guess my point is I don't see how it shows strength or bravery to shoot and kill some one anymore then it shows the same to refrain from it.

How do you know the intentions of the perps. A split second is all it takes to get killed. There's no time to give the person a psychological evaluation or read body language or whatever else you're implying "to keep a straight head". I grew up in a rough rough area and I guess that'a why I'm not naive to the fact that you can never tell whether someone aims to kill you or not

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

This has nothing to do with conspiracy and everything to do with hypocrisy.

I'm waiting for the other shoe, so to speak, to drop on this one.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

How do you know the intentions of the perps.

That is a two way street.

I'll answer your questions when you answer mine.
You called a poster weak and wuss cause he admitted in this case he would just hand over the shoes.
I asked multiple times if the only way to show strength and bravery is to kill the person.
Is that how you see it?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join