It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Armed robbery is armed robbery. Whether he lifted his shirt up and showed it off or waved it around in the air screaming he had a gun, it's armed robbery. It's a violent crime.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Lmao... We ALL are smart enough to know when someone means business with you! I'm not sure many situations where someone would be mistaken for "showing their gun" It's not like he walked past and there was a glimpse of it and he got shot! lol

3 teens confronted the 2 lads in a menacing manner trying to rob them and showed his gun, context is a little important I feel.

EDIT: If you had said all the people that ROB PEOPLE and show their gun could get shot then you would be accurate, and stating the very obvious. You would also be right and its a very good thing too and might make some would be muggers think twice! If not they can happily be taken out by brave people like the one in the story.
edit on 27-12-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa
I don't disagree that he chose poorly if the facts being reported are indeed the facts. Seems to me there's a huge dichotomy around here (with some, not all) between when the shooter is a police officer vs when the shooter is a civilian. That bugs me a little too.

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Armed robbery is armed robbery. Whether he lifted his shirt up and showed it off or waved it around in the air screaming he had a gun, it's armed robbery. It's a violent crime.

Understood. I assumed armed robbery is considered armed robbery when a weapon is in the possession of the robber whether he chooses to pull it out or not. Hence my disclaimer.

Also just wanted to point out that they just keep saying he "showed" not "pointed" it. And suppose he really just had it and didn't do either and the shooter/victim just saw it. Again, facts we don't know.
edit on 12/27/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It always amazes how naive people really are. If someone pulls a gun on you, some people would expect you to do a thorough psychological evaluation before you defend yourself against a strong probability of dying. The belief that everyone is good is just absurd. The fact of the matter is that most people are far from it, not saying they're all violent, but a lot of them are. If someone takes the chance of pulling a gun on you then they should be prepared to kill or be killed.

Just like if you break in my home, whether I'm home or come home to an intruder in my home, I have to believe for the safety of myself and my family that they are prepared to kill us. That's just smart. It's not racist or violent, it's self defence
edit on 27-12-2014 by UnTrust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Don't I know it!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

*assuming the perp had a gun*

Maybe not the only logical conclusion but certainly the only responsible conclusion. It's life or death time. Some people live some people die. Usually the one's who are quick on the trigger live. Whether they live in jail or are free to live is up to the courts to decide.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

The articles I've seen have said "brandished" and "displayed" and "had." Without a detailed statement we won't really know either way I suppose. The only consensus is that dude had a gun on him. What he did with it seems to be up in the air, beyond somehow the victim saw it.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Im not justifying anything, Im expressing my shock and disgust that most posters on this thread seem to think shooting a kid (whether armed or not) over a pair of shoes is justified

Stop justifying.

I'm a not a little pussy. If someone was pointing a gun at me for whatever the reason, you can bet I'll fire on him if I get the chance. Your shock and disgust comes from your weakness to act like a wuss when threatened.
edit on 27-12-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yeah I saw "displayed" too. And "threatened with." Odd and/or careful wording, I suppose.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

So killing the man is the only way to be strong and brave?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Absolutely no-one and I mean it, has EVER complained when a thug is aiming a gun at a police officer and been shot... No-one...

When a trained police officer shoots an UNARMED person or someone that is mentally ill or tazers a victim 15 times because they are "not responding to orders" as they are unconcious. THEN people complain! There are videos of police officers shooting an unarmed man in the back that is complying and laying on the floor belly down... Clear cut video... Yep if this situation involved a civilian people would very much complain and they would be in PRISON for a very long time...

Please stop trying to get things twisted...

I care not if he showed the gun, held the gun, even if he said he had a gun and didn't have one. If he had a water pistol that looked like a gun... He was robbing them... If the guy even just saw the gun I say good eye my good man! Those eyes could have very well saved his life and other peoples. He's a hero.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Are you new here?

Not "twisting" anything. You don't know the facts...not even the police do yet or are being very careful in their wording of released statements, And yet you're already making judgement calls like "hero."

And like I said earlier in the thread, where are the cries about planted guns and demanding videos like when it's an officer-involved shooting? All I'm saying is I'm seeing a lot of bias and rah-rah when it's a civilian vs when it's an officer. And if I'm not mistaken, which I may be, from some of the same factions here on ATS.
edit on 12/27/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: theMediator

So killing the man is the only way to be strong and brave?

It's not over a pair of shoes. Where do you live? I had 2 very good friends of mine robbed at gunpoint, and after giving the assailants everything they had, they were then executed. I'm not going to take that chance if I have a choice. Very naive buddy

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Meee32

Are you new here?

Not "twisting" anything. You don't know the facts...exactly.

No been here a long while XD lol I described a tiny handful of real cases I have seen on here and elsewhere... People complain about police abuse and there are borderline cases as we have seen recently.

This one though clear cut, armed robbers got shot, good. What other facts are needed?

You are by saying that people complain about police but in those situations it is always a whole other ball game.
edit on 27-12-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Good. You deserve what you get for aiming a firearm at someone. Don't pull a weapon unless you plan on using it, because the person you're aiming at might have a few more loose screws than you do and kill you without a second thought...which is what happened here.

The idiot got what he deserved, period.
edit on 27-12-2014 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Good point. I haven't seen one comment about how the gun was probably a plant. Because, you know, people are people and will do anything to save their hide, including planting evidence and such

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UnTrust

I didn't say anything about shoes.

I'm a not a little pussy. If someone was pointing a gun at me for whatever the reason, you can bet I'll fire on him if I get the chance. Your shock and disgust comes from your weakness to act like a wuss when threatened.

You said this.
I am asking if killing the person is the only way to show strength and bravery.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Jamie1

Yeah lets celebrate crime and death in this country!

Yay!

Hell yeah!!! But just until all the thug criminals are dead. Then...we throw the REAL party. Peace!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
So where is the handgun? The article says nothing about it being recovered so did the guy shoot the kid that wasn't armed? Common sense says shoot person with the gun do that and the others won't bother you because they know you mean business.

Personally...I don't care if there was a gun or not. Someone trying to rob someone else deserves to be shot dead. They aren't needed on this Earth, in this society and definitely not out there causing problems.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

If someone is aiming a firearm at me, its kill or be killed. Would you rather kill them with love and kindness or something?

Its pretty clear, if someone is aiming a firearm at you, they don't have good intentions. If they are bluffing, then the person they are aiming at doesn't know they are bluffing. Fight or flight mentality kicks in, and sometimes you have no immediate place to run to for cover and you're not outrunning a bullet, so your left with defending yourself and people die in these situations. It happens. Its tragic, but it happens. Its a fact of life.
edit on 27-12-2014 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join