It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Jamie1

Yeah lets celebrate crime and death in this country!

Yay!

I agree that it isn't right to celebrate the death of another human being, however, I won't mourn someone that dies from their own misdeeds. If this happened more often then crime statistics would be practically nil.

Correct. We mourn unjust killings, not justified ones.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

And if the cops showed up and had to shoot this gun wielding black thug, the Al Sharpton machine would be starting riots.

Nonsense.

Everyone knows cops are only shooting unarmed black people these days. This thug actually had a gun. They probably would've called in a drone strike.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Man the comments on some of those sites

This kid brought this on him self I get that but does that mean all apathy is out the window?

Sad day the kid did this and died. Hope the two that ran away and got caught sell out the people that put them up to it.

They were all (all three of them) "troubled youths" with numerous prior petty charges. Including one being caught bringing what was thought to be a hand gun into the high school. It was later discovered to be a pellet gun that closely resembled a semi-auto pistol. The teen that was shot in this case was suspended from school at least twice recently.

As for the others fate.........they were caught shortly afterward and....
From the Dayton Daily News source:

The two other unidentified teens were taken to juvenile detention while police probed the shooting. Neither of the two adult men has been identified.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

And if the cops showed up and had to shoot this gun wielding black thug, the Al Sharpton machine would be starting riots.

Nonsense.

Everyone knows cops are only shooting unarmed black people these days. This thug actually had a gun. They probably would've called in a drone strike.

Actually last year cops killed 3 times more whites than blacks.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It is becoming more and more clear that you cant cure STUPID .

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Nonsense.

I guess you missed the recent police shooting at the gas station where the suspect approached the officer and raised his hand in a shooting stance, with a gun in his hand. At which point the officer shot and killed him. Yet still, there were protests there. I guess it had nothing to do with the skin colors of those involved huh??

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: Krakatoa

Nothing to see here, just natural selection.. move along.
edit: Dangit, the new girl beat me to it! :-( Welcome to ATS!!

I know this was a sarcastic post (meant to be funny), but, if we ignore these type of stories, and only broadcast and "discuss" cases of bad cops doing bad things, then we do an injustice to all those that do follow the law, and only further glorify the thug mentality.

That's just it he wasn't following the law. The mall has strict rules against guns on their property so the guy could be charged with a misdemeanor.

No, a mall cannot overrule federal laws or the United States Constitution. There are clearly listed areas that you cannot conceal carry....shopping malls are not on that list. This is a common misconception.

Sorry but yes they can because it is private property. As long as the no guns sign is posted where people can see it then you are not allowed to carry a gun on that property and that's the law.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Cool, like I said I hope the ones that got caught sell out those that put them up to this.
imo they were doing it at the orders of some one else.

Also any thing on the gun?
Was it found?
Would stink if it was a replica

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

That's just it he wasn't following the law.

Exactly what "law" would that be?

The mall has strict rules against guns on their property so the guy could be charged with a misdemeanor.

Under which law exactly?
He could be asked to leave the mall, but be charged under some unknown law???

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

No, they can refuse to do business with you, but someone that is licensed cannot be barred from that place.

ETA: as for the sign you mentioned, what better way to advertise to the thugs that this is a free-to-rob zone. Very smart...and way to protect your customer base.
edit on 12/26/2014 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The sad part is that they're worth like $300 and people would literally die for them...

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I know this was a sarcastic post (meant to be funny), but, if we ignore these type of stories, and only broadcast and "discuss" cases of bad cops doing bad things, then we do an injustice to all those that do follow the law, and only further glorify the thug mentality.

That's just it he wasn't following the law. The mall has strict rules against guns on their property so the guy could be charged with a misdemeanor.

Really?

Private entities can now make up rules that, which violated, result in criminal charges?

Wow.... just wow.....

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Cool, like I said I hope the ones that got caught sell out those that put them up to this.
imo they were doing it at the orders of some one else.

So easy to blame shift and not hold 16 year olds responsible for their judgement and action. Part of the problem... not the solution

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CoaterieSlips

I already said he brought it on him self in my frist post.
Does that mean I can't entertain the idea that some one put him up to it?
edit on thFri, 26 Dec 2014 22:59:34 -0600America/Chicago1220143480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

link   
Triple even
edit on thFri, 26 Dec 2014 22:59:54 -0600America/Chicago1220145480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

link   
Dp

link   

No, a mall cannot overrule federal laws or the United States Constitution. There are clearly listed areas that you cannot conceal carry....shopping malls are not on that list. This is a common misconception.

Sorry but yes they can because it is private property. As long as the no guns sign is posted where people can see it then you are not allowed to carry a gun on that property and that's the law.

Ohio only prohibits concealed carry on private property with a "no gun" sign.

R.C. 2923.126(C)(3) ~ allows the owner or person in control of private land to post a sign in a conspicuous place that prohibits persons from carrying concealed firearms on that property.

edit on 26-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
killed during the day after christmas return muggings.
sad,sad, sad.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Under which law exactly? He could be asked to leave the mall, but be charged under some unknown law???

Ohio only makes it illegal to conceal carry on a property with a "no guns" sign.

R.C. 2923.126 (C)(3) ~ allows the owner or person in control of private land to post a sign in a conspicuous place that prohibits persons from carrying concealed firearms on that property.

Ohio Gun Laws - pdf

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I cant believe the attitude of most of the posts so far, it was a teenager trying to steal a pair of shoes!!!!
A teenager whos previous record consisted of stealing food, not violent crimes yet you would think hes some sort of mass murdering, child rapist cannibal, Im confident with the right guidance he could have been shown the error of his ways or rehabilitated.

You all agree its not worth dying over a pair of shoes yet you all seem to not only think its OK but revel in the fact you should kill for some, how you cannot see the complete lack of logic in this is beyond me.

I wonder if while this guy was drawing his gun, if the kid had of shot HIM dead if you would all be saying the same stuff?
"GO DARWIN"
"What idiot is prepared to die for a $200 pair of shoes"
"Why didnt he just hand them over then his wife and kids would still have a husband and father"

Somehow I dont think so

To an ignorant outsider like myself as well as many others on this site it almost seems like you guys just cant wait to get a chance to pop what you all consider a righteous cap in someones ass.

Sad story and how any of you can get any joy or a feeling of satisfaction out of this is beyond me.
You live in a sick twisted culture

edit on 26/12/2014 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join