It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Man the comments on some of those sites

This kid brought this on him self I get that but does that mean all apathy is out the window?

Sad day the kid did this and died. Hope the two that ran away and got caught sell out the people that put them up to it.

I agree mainly because I know that at least half the young thugs change when they are older, sometimes they had a really bad childhood and have not found direction yet, over a pair of shoes he is not going to get that chance.

Also this guy whether they say it or not will never get over having shot the kid, it is not that easy every soldier will tell you this.

I think someone should have said something like that to him before he was shot. Those on here who profess to "love Jesus" should be ashamed for advocating killing anyone.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nomdeterreur

But the internet needs you!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nomdeterreur

just plain stupid westerners

Really you think Westerners are any different than anyone else, there are people from everywhere on here people are the same everywhere pretty much.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PinealJockey

As much as you are well within your rights to express such a sarcastic response...

It doesn't change the fact that he/she is right...

Some members here are deplorable people.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Anyone who pulls on a gun on someone pretty much should be AMAZED they are not killed in return.

And I wager that a darn good number of them eventually get shot at some other point.

I have had a gun pointed right in the temple from some moron who told me that my friends and I should leave, and never come back.

I tell you that SELF-PRESERVATION is all you have at that point, amazing some people here think just fall down and beg for mercy would always be the only option.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
people make mistakes and do not necessarily deserve to die for them.....

If a thug points a gun at me and threatens my life, and at the same time tries to rob me, then yes he does deserve to die. Better he dies then me.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I think personally, "will die" or "should expect to die" is preferable to "deserves"...

Really only a select few on this Planet are deserving of Death, imo I'd withhold such reactions for the heinous, not the stupid.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Can anyone confirm this gun?

20 pages in and all we have is media reports which we all know are iffy...

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Logically the fact he didnt shoot and demanded the shoes should tell you he wasnt gonna shoot, ...

Logically the fact that he had a gun pointed at someone tells us that he was willing to use deadly force to get what he wanted if he had to. It's impossible to say that he wasn't willing to shoot. He obviously was.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Why is it so obvious if he didn't shoot?
It is obvious that he wanted to steal and that he was going to us the gun to achieve it but isn't it a jump to say it was obvious that intended to use deadly force?
Guns are tools of intimidation as well.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It's not up to his victim to wait to see if he's willing to pull the trigger or not.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Fine, but that doesn't mean that it was obvious and the only logical conclusion that the kid was going to do it

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Jamie1

Yeah lets celebrate crime and death in this country!

Yay!

I agree that it isn't right to celebrate the death of another human being, however, I won't mourn someone that dies from their own misdeeds. If this happened more often then crime statistics would be practically nil.

I agree yet people ask how would crime be resolved without police, what about murderers or rapists? (regarding an anarchistic society) Well I say THIS is how crime would be resolved and it's a much better and swifter kind of justice. Whats the "normal" route? The guy gets arrested, he goes to court, he gets sentenced and goes to jail...

He meets other thugs in prison and most likely ends up in some gang and gets some fight training in, also in prison there is not much else to do but eat and train so they come out bigger harder better thugs than ever before... They go on to commit some more crime, maybe they kill someone this time, maybe someone you know! Maybe you husband or wife or son/daughter... Go back inside and repeat... The whole time YOU all get robbed by government to pay for it all... Which is the more crazy scenario?

The shooter IS a hero that has done the world a favour and rid everyone of this problem... If all were dealt with like this how many would want to be like them?
edit on 27-12-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. Doesn't mean the victim has any obligation to find out. Doesn't change the legality of the shooting. Doesn't matter whether he was going to shoot or not. He introduced a gun to the situation and was responded to in kind.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Again all fine,well for the sake of argument anyway. just saying lets drop the talk of there was no other possible outcome then this kid shooing the guy if he didn't act first.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

It's much more plausible to assume somebody pointing a gun at somebody is willing to use it. Much more so than assuming they aren't and just want to be scary.

Either way it is an assumption, though.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
From everything I've read, the kid just "showed" his gun, whatever that means.

Robbery aspect, as in this case, aside, it'll be a world of hurt, with more and more people carrying, when just showing a gun gets you killed.

Just a thought.
edit on 12/27/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Could have been in his waist band and he just flashed it.

That is a good point, not many sources do say he in fact pointed it.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
From everything I've read, the kid just showed his gun.

Robbery aspect, as in this case, aside, it'll be a world of hurt, with more and more people carrying, when just showing a gun gets you killed.

Just a thought.

Anyone properly trained and/or licensed to carry is taught that the only time you draw your weapon is in order to kill whatever is in the line of sight.....period. Anything less is considered "brandishing" and is illegal. Using it in a threatening manner, even in a case of self defense can still be construed as brandishing and could find you in violation of your license. Drawing your weapon is a last resort and only if you have a reasonable expectation your life is in danger. Someone brandishing a gun at you is a reasonable expectation of danger to you life, it shows intent to use it as a tool of terror and threat against your life. Had the criminal initially not brandished his gun (illegal gun BTW) then the victim of this crime would not be justified in fearing for his life....so, drawing his weapon would not be legal.

The idea that folks have that all CCW holders (or most of them) think it's draw your weapon to defend your property is total nonsense and shows a complete lack of understanding on how we are trained.

In this case, the criminal began the encounter as an armed robbery....and it ended with him dead.

He brought the (illegal) gun with him in anticipation of using it in a robbery
He suffered the consequences of his actions
His family will now suffer long-term for his actions
The victim will suffer long-term for his actions in mental anguish over killing someone

The common denominator here is the criminal made the wrong decision....he and he alone could have prevented the entire scenario by not trying to rob someone.

I.E. He chose poorly.

edit on 12/27/2014 by Krakatoa because: added clarifications

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join