It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Once this guy pulls the gun its not about the shoes anymore.

What really aggravates the liberal mind is that this kid represents the failure, is the stereotype ect.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Many robbers kill their victims even after attaining what they are seeking.

can you provide any statistical evidence to back up coz no offence but it sounds like nonsense

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Well yea, if a CCW holder fires their weapon in self defense they're not going to get charged for firing it. If it was proven to not be in self defense, different story.

Carrying it in the mall when the mall bans guns is another matter.
edit on 27-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Spelling. Seriously autocorrect, wtf?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Even if it were only 10% no one is f'in obligated to roll that dice.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Funny you mention that because all day Ive been wondering what sort of life people would have to lead and what sort of messed up experiences that would had to have had that they could revel in the shooting death of a teenager criminal or otherwise? Care to elaborate for me on why most of you are so full of hate and vitriol?

When you choose to pull a gun and act like a thug that teenager thing goes out the door real fast for me.

Sorry a youthful mistake is driving with your seat belt off..It's playing music too loud...It's not coming home on time...
Pulling a gun, threatening someones life, trying to rob them are adult actions and while I wish he would have made a different choice in life I don't get this "the teenager" stuff that people want to use as an excuse.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

He was a teenager, his is a kid, there is no making excuses.
Just cause he thought that he could use a gun to get what he wants doesn't make him a man.
imo it makes him more immature.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Once this guy pulls the gun its not about the shoes anymore.

What really aggravates the liberal mind is that this kid represents the failure, is the stereotype ect.

What aggravates and astonishes me personally is the US mentality regarding guns and the inability to understand the obvious - that in a society where ordinary people find it natural to arm themselves before they go to the store (!), the paranoia, violence and killings will only escalate.

This "war" has no winners, with the exception of the people producing and selling weapons.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

He was a teenager, his is a kid, there is no making excuses.
Just cause he thought that he could use a gun to get what he wants doesn't make him a man.
imo it makes him more immature.

He made multiple bad adult choices.
Unplugging your friends Xbox midgame is immature.
Pulling a gun on someone and putting theirs and your life at risk is an adult choice with adult consequences.

Please note Im not celebrating that someone died I just dont believe in excuses or justifications for criminals. If you make the choice to rob someone then that is on you.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Pulling a gun, threatening someones life, trying to rob them are adult actions

I would argue the complete opposite.
Yes they have adult, real life, long lasting consequences but the thought process that goes into doing any of these things is shortsighted, irresponsible and completely juvenile regardless of the age of the perpetrator

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: th2356
What aggravates and astonishes me personally is the US mentality regarding guns and the inability to understand the obvious - that in a society where ordinary people find it natural to arm themselves before they go to the store (!), the paranoia, violence and killings will only escalate.

What should aggravate you more, which i don't see you mention in this post, is criminal behavior.

If the victim didn't have a gun he still would have been robbed and possibly killed but hey at least he wouldnt have a gun on him to keep escalating the war.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I agree but it doesn't change how old you are.
It was an adult decision made by a kid that didn't have the life experience to think it through

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I agree but it doesn't change how old you are.
It was an adult decision made by a kid that didn't have the life experience to think it through

That's a fair point but by the same token he knows what the consequences of pulling a gun are.

I stick by what I said all along, I am neither happy nor sad that this happened I simply wish the criminal would have made a different choice.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

edit on thSat, 27 Dec 2014 13:27:43 -0600America/Chicago1220144380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Cause of the "He doesn't have to stand for losing something he worked for" mentality.

Now this thought I can't agree with.
Why does anyone else have the right to steal from someone else?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I know this plays right into what people are saying about the no gun zone but he probably thought he was going to get ab unarmed man.

Tbh I would not be surprised if this wasn't a real gun.
I can't find anything online about the gun the kid had but the history if the group had one of them bringing a bb gun to school.
Be a real shame if that was the same weapon used.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

They don't, but why do you then have the right to decide they need to die over it?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Tbh I would not be surprised if this wasn't a real gun.
I can't find anything online about the gun the kid had but the history if the group had one of them bringing a bb gun to school.
Be a real shame if that was the same weapon used.

It is a shame and I wish the criminal would have not made the choice to try and rob someone then this wouldn't have happened.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

They don't, but why do you then have the right to decide they need to die over it?

When someone pulls a gun on you , you have the choice to try and defend yourself.
I dont think that makes you a savage. I don't think that makes you horrible.

No one forced this criminal to pull a gun then try and rob someone. He made that choice and like any choice in life their are consequences.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

We don't. We DO have the right to disagree with somebody who thinks our shoes are more valuable than our lives.

Point a gun at me because you want my shoes, that tells me that you think my shoes are worth more than my life. And I absolutely have the right to disagree with you about that.

"You" being the generic usage.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well what I said was more in the sense that he didn't have gun that you responded to but we can just drop that discussion cause it doesn't pertain here

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join