It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Few people that conceal carry ever want to be in a position where they have to use lethal force. Personally I dread that day. However if anyone breaks the law and attempts to rob, assault, or hurt me and mine then they will have made the decision and I will in turn be forced to make mine!

And that decision ends with someone would would have taken something of little value and easily replaceable in a wooden box 6 feet in the ground, yep thats a really healthy outlook and shows a deep respect for life.

Your passive approach to the a criminal, victim encounter is not logical, it's naive!

And your excessively aggressive one is twisted and sadistic and completely lacking any humanity

What needs to happen is these young criminals need to stop learning values from tv, the street, and friends and start learning them from mentors, fathers, mothers, and the like.

And how do you suppose they do this when if you had your way the first time they commit a crime they would be dead?

If we followed your logic their would be more criminals, they would be more brazen, and there would be more innocent victims.

And if we followed yours a whole heap of young naive people who feel in with the wrong crowd or did something foolish out of desperation would be dead.
Once again the rest of the world isnt in the grip of some massive crime wave and we dont all carry guns. According to your logic (I use the term very loosely) we should be overrun with fearless crims robbing, assaulting and generally terrorising us but funnily enough that isnt the case

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

As a Londoner, I don't think there is anything wrong with the mentality to want to carry a gun.

As a Human, I know there is something wrong with the mentality of celebrating the death of a kid, despite his poor choices.

I don't think either of those things ties in with the culture of the States.

Because a lot of Liberal Americans would argue what you have, aside from calling it the American Psyche, they'd say its a Republican thing...

And people celebrating death happens in all corners of the World...
A lot of people celebrated the death of Maggie Thatcher...
I dare say that some of your Aussie compatriots celebrated the death of the loser who took hostages a couple weeks back...

& in those cases I'd be inclined to agree with them...

However I wouldn't celebrate the death of a kid, so I'm with you on your initial synopsis of the thread.

edit on 27-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

There is a vast, vast difference between wanting to use a gun and being prepared to use it.

That's also the same difference in mindset between most gangbangers and most law abiding concealed carriers. I say most because there are inevitably some on either side that don't fit the mold.

As a LEO, I don't think twice about strapping up. I don't WANT to shoot anybody, but I'm absolutely prepared to if the need arises. Again, there is a huge difference between the two.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye
Hushabye, I have that doll. She's little miss no name.
As far as the thread goes, bad guys die violent deaths. Sad he chose to risk his life and others for a pair of shoes.

link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
a reply to: sirlancelot

And if we followed yours a whole heap of young naive people who feel in with the wrong crowd or did something foolish out of desperation would be dead.
Once again the rest of the world isnt in the grip of some massive crime wave and we dont all carry guns. According to your logic (I use the term very loosely) we should be overrun with fearless crims robbing, assaulting and generally terrorising us but funnily enough that isnt the case

Correction: If they decided to commit an armed felony with no regard for the physical or mental state of their victim (regardless of the item itself) then they and their family should not be surprised to hear of them being killed in the commission of that crime. You repeatedly fail to mention this in the commission of a violent crime because it doesn't fit your narrow vision of the world. I truly hope (and I mean that sincerely) you do not have to face this type of person, as your decisions could result in the death or lifelong terrorizing you a loved one due to your selfish inaction.

edit on 12/27/2014 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Someone is about to rape your wife and daughters. The only way to stop it is to kill him before he kills you. Do you kill him? If so, you are wrong, it IS justified. If you choose to die and let your wife and daughters get raped that's your choice, and my opinion, a terrible one.

Ive seen you and several other people in this thread as well as others accuse gun control advocates of using ridiculous emotion tugging arguments, I find the constant need to bring up rape repugnant. Your more intelligent and better than this

And you know that how? You read his mind? His really a good kid, just misunderstood?

Apparently so, since the teen decided to take them with the threat of death to his victim.

Youve acknowledged you dont believe the teen had lethal intentions, I believe what your doing is another example of a strawman argument that you dislike so much

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Jamie1

Yeah lets celebrate crime and death in this country!

Yay!

This story is a sad commentary on our culture I agree people shouldn’t be gleeful over.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

edit on 27-12-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'm going to go create a memorial in the parking lot out of skittles.

You point a gun at someone you have just forfeited your entire future if they shoot you first.
For a pair of sneakers that probably wouldn't fit him anyway.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So most people in this thread are condemning the kid because he was willing to die over a pair of shoes, but the guy who had the shoes was obviously willing to die over them, too. Willing to kill over them as well.

And here everyone else is celebrating the death of another. Yet you all, who have no real reverence for human life, see yourselves as "the fittest". It's deplorable. Show a little humility for goodness sake.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheCrowMan

I bet you create no.4.

This is what is wrong with this modern society, a bunch of apologetic left wing do gooders.

LMAO
Id say the 3 options you presented are whats wrong with YOUR modern society, Im not American and the more time I spend on threads like these the less desire I ever have to visit. My society (Australia) and the several others Ive had the pleasure to live in dont have the fear of being held up at gunpoint so prevalent in their thoughts they feel the need to take a gun shopping with them.

Its a long thread repeat something I said 4 pages ago, Im all for capital punishment so let me dispel your false assumptions about me being a soft on crims type
I do feel there are people who should never be let back into society, There are some people and some crimes I feel that death is to good for and these people should be allowed to go completely insane without any stimulation and possibly even have their motor skills taken away so all they can do is sit thinking about what they did. I also feel that jails are way too soft in terms of the privileges granted to inmates.
How does that fit in with your ideas of left wing dogooding?

He didnt mean to rape and kill the 8 year old girl,

And here it is again, you lack the ability to make an intelligent argument for your case so simply appeal to peoples fears and most base instincts, quite pathetic and repugnant really

The rest of your post has already been addressed when I explained I am no criminal apologist, Im just someone who doesnt think we need to celebrate the death of Children who make mistakes, its a tradgedy however you look at it, unless you lack empathy or any shred of humanity then its party time
edit on 27/12/2014 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nunya13

I disagree. I would say this guy was willing to kill somebody who threatened him with a gun. You can say that it was over a pair of shoes, but the fact remains his would-be robber used a gun to try and intimidate him. If he had killed this kid simply because he said "gimme your shoes" then your statement that he was willing to kill for shoes would apply.

Kid had a gun. Guy had a gun. Kid threatens guy. Guy responds to threat with gun with gun of his own. The reasons why kid threatens guy with gun are moot at that point.

Pro-tip: don't point guns at people unless you're prepared for a violent reaction. Most people don't take kindly to that kind of interaction.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nunya13
The kid was willing to kill over the shoes..he pulled a gun,,never asume a gun is pulled for fun!! no glee over his death but not much sympathy either. Nevermind the intended victim.
One poster pointed out the gun culture as part of the problem..I agree but its far too late now..too many guns out there and you cannot put the genie back in the bottle. I don't know what could be done at this point.

edit on 27-12-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

So if you choose to be disgusted that I'm happy about it, that's your choice. Not sure why you think people care about your choice to be disgusted or sad. That's your choice.

I couldnt care less what you or anyone else thinks, like you expressing your feelings of joy over a childs death Im expressing my feeling of disgust that your mentality works that way. Now you can express how you dont care and so can I. This whole site is populated by user generated material most of it opinion and thoughts. Isnt it great

Its what the site is for, it would be a very narrow and small minded individual who only wanted people who shared their exact thoughts to post here, your not one of those people are you?
You dont care about my thoughts but do you mind if I post them anyway?
It would mean alot to me

My choice is to be happy. You're the one frothing at the mouth judging other people's emotions. What type of life does that give you?

Funny you mention that because all day Ive been wondering what sort of life people would have to lead and what sort of messed up experiences that would had to have had that they could revel in the shooting death of a teenager criminal or otherwise? Care to elaborate for me on why most of you are so full of hate and vitriol?
edit on 27/12/2014 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I am neither happy nor sad that this adult died and please stop with the kid stuff..
If you are adult enough to pull a gun on someone you are adult enough to be called what you are.

At a certain point people are responsible for their own actions and this criminal chose to try and rob someone. Like I said above I am indifferent to the outcome I simply wish the criminal would have not made the choice he did which ended his life and probably impacted someone else for a long time.

edit on 27-12-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Id say the 3 options you presented are whats wrong with YOUR modern society, Im not American and the more time I spend on threads like these the less desire I ever have to visit. My society (Australia) and the several others Ive had the pleasure to live in dont have the fear of being held up at gunpoint so prevalent in their thoughts they feel the need to take a gun shopping with them.

Do you really want to compare a county to one that has 10 times the population? Are you saying that you would feel very safe to walk down any street in America. Would you mind if I dropped you off in a few neighborhoods where guns are 100% illegal?

The rest of your post has already been addressed when I explained I am no criminal apologist, Im just someone who doesnt think we need to celebrate the death of Children who make mistakes, its a tradgedy however you look at it, unless you lack empathy or any shred of humanity then its party time

In America a black male is 10 times more likely to be murdered than a white male, and about 90% chance it is from another back male. No one is cheering this on, no one wants this lifestyle to continue, but people choose it and WANT to live that way. Others do not want that and also want to protect themselves and their families from that thug like culture.

Your's and a few of the countries you addressed do not have these issues with or without guns, but I did noticed one was France and what are the French and many other parts of Europe doing about their Sharia law zones? We will see in the near future how that all works out for them... For me personally, I would not want to get beat within an inch of my life, so yes I would use a gun in that situation.

edit on 27-12-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is a tragedy. For all sides.

A tragedy for that young teenager and his family.

A tragedy for that citizen for having to take a life.

Perhaps some good will come of this. And the two other young men involved in the altercation, will think twice before robbing anyone ever again.

CdT

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Who brings a gun on a normal mall shopping trip to buy shoes?

How about the guy that shot the attempted robber?

LOL Touche

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Interesting conversation, I am sure that there was a deep discussion on how and why people obtain a CCW license in the first place, right?

In case there wasn't, some people feel that with all the criminal activity, civil unrest, gang activity, mass shootings and crossing into or through areas prone to include such things...protection isn't such a bad thing. Especially if you can extend that protection to others.

In Ohio, in order to obtain a CCW permit/license you must have proper training on firearm use both physically and legally and demonstrate proficient use. You have to pass a FBI background check and the sheriff of your home or ajoining county has to sign the permit to legally carry concealed. All this costs around $250-$300. You also have to have refresher training, FBI background checks and the sheriff sign it again before it expires in four years time.

Needless to say that a CCW holder is not typically a problem to anyone in society. By contrast, open carry is legal in Ohio provided you do not cause a panic by carrying, are a resident of Ohio and are over 18. No training or background checks required. The exception to either way of carrying is that some areas can be prohibited without expressed permission granted. I legally cannot run into a city park in Hamilton, Ohio and shoot a guy that was shooting at you...morally, I have the option to do so, laws be dammed.

As for the shooter, he is likely guilty of criminal trespass and could have his CCW permit revoked. He is also guilty of discharging a firearm within city limits which could also get it revoked. I would guess he will be charged on neither account.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Funny you mention that because all day Ive been wondering what sort of life people would have to lead and what sort of messed up experiences that would had to have had that they could revel in the shooting death of a teenager criminal or otherwise? Care to elaborate for me on why most of you are so full of hate and vitriol?

No hate or vitriol here, it is what it is... Some guy decided to live a thug's lifestyle and it caught up with him as is the typically case. The big question is why are people so obsessed with America and a death here? Why are we not debating the 50,000 murders in Brazil or the 44,000 in India?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join