It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I have to say, there is something profoundly wrong with the types that see something and decide they deserve it more. Yes it is sad a life was snuffed out for something as small and temporary as a pair of shoes, but this is the same decision making skills of a bank robbers and rapists.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hr2burn
I have to say, there is something profoundly wrong with the types that see something and decide they deserve it more. Yes it is sad a life was snuffed out for something as small and temporary as a pair of shoes, but this is the same decision making skills of a bank robbers and rapists.

Seriously, I don't think it's the least bit sad.

Darwin was right. We get to watch natural selection at work. It's really a thing of beauty.

The essence of life on this planet is stupidity gets snuffed out, making the world a better place. NATURAL selection. Self-selection in this case. Awesome.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Trying to understand this kids mentality...

In a time like christmas where consumerism is at peak...
In a society of vast consumerism and trend growing fashion where one kid feels marginalized because his parents don't have the money to buy those cool clothes the other students are wearing,-
a society where what you wear and what you have, means more than who you are, leading some teens who are unlucky enough to be born in a poor family, to often ''rebel'' against the social ''injustice'' and ending up in crime.

The exact same person, if he had the money to buy those shoes, would he have acted like that?
Would he still be a ''threat'' to society and a future criminal, if he came from a wealthy family with much more opportunities in life?

Speaking of Darwinism, was he doomed since the day he was born? did he deserve to die because of who he is or because of the situations in his life?

Anyway I'm not taking a side, I just want to provoke some thinking.
I am pro gun, but I not trigger-happy, especially when it's about a kid. I would never take a kids life because he wanted my shoes. Even if he showed me a gun, I would most likely hand them over., or if I felt in danger I would shoot his foot or something. It's really sad what some kid would do (and the tragic consequences) for a pair of stupid shoes, It reminds me of Victor Hugo's'' Les misérables''.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Krakatoa

No, they can refuse to do business with you, but someone that is licensed cannot be barred from that place.

You are wrong. Your rights do not override other peoples rights on their property it doesn't matter if you have a license or not. If you had watched the video that was in the article which you obviously didn't the cop himself said the guy broke the law by taking a gun into the mall.

Can you please cite the law that was broken?

Can we all now just make up our own laws that apply to our own property? Really?

And.... um..... cops are usually not legal scholars. Just sayin'.

Don't you people know how to use Google? Ohio law says the business's have the right to ban firearms for safety reasons. Here is the act that was signed into law. Ohio HB12 Have a good read.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

The mall has a no gun policy.

The hair splitting is going to come down to whether the shooting was "in" the parking lot or "on" the mall property. Ohio recently passed an updated gun law (a good, solid one I think) and I think the governor has already signed it but am not 100% sure. Anyway, the law states that entering the parking lot of an establishment that has a no gun policy cannot be considered a violation of that policy. So, the guy violated the mall's no gun policy (provided the mall had posted signs informing the public of their policy) while he was actually IN the mall, but once he exited the mall, it's a different matter.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

And if the cops showed up and had to shoot this gun wielding black thug, the Al Sharpton machine would be starting riots.

Nonsense.

Everyone knows cops are only shooting unarmed black people these days. This thug actually had a gun. They probably would've called in a drone strike.

Actually last year cops killed 3 times more whites than blacks.

& yet black people were still twice as likely to be shot by police, going by population statistics...

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

People getting killed is "awesome" and "a thing of beauty" to you?

You must have severe mental problems. Seek professional help.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

I disagree with that argument there.

Just because you go without in a society where it's cool to have doesn't mean you have the right to be a criminal.

I live in a wealthy neighborhood. I live paycheck to paycheck with no safety net. I see kids half my age driving $100,000 cars for their 16th birthday. I can't even afford a car and I walk everywhere while they laugh and drive by (while driving like reckless self centered jackasses ) DO I carjack the guy cause I feel I deserve a nice car too or even just a car? No. I don't.

Do I kill people or rob them to take their plane tickets so that I can go on vacation, since I deserve to go on vacation too to exotic places. I mean it only like the 5th vacation they've gone on this year and they sure aren't working very hard and in my opinion don't deserve to go on vacation at all. Especially to some tropical island they know nothing about and don't even care about, that I've been studying the culture of and actually have a legit reason for traveling to said island. No I don't. I don't mug them and take their plane tickets so that I can go on vacation even though I can't remember the last time I went on vacation.

In times of my life I've been so without that I would literally have to dumpster dive. Just to find enough garbage thats recyclable so that I could literally make 1 dollar and thats all I would have for food until I dumpster dived some more. Did I rob people dinning in fancy restaurants that were throwing away 100 of dollars of food while I literally starved a few feet away from them. No I didn't.

I've literally gone to work with holes straight through the soles of both of my shoes for months on end and had to hide the fact because I couldn't even afford 20 dollar shoes at ross or where ever. Did I beat up the guy next to me smuggley walking down the street in fancy shoes that were my size. No I didn't.

For a long time I wanted a TV. I didn't have one. But I would watch all the little spoiled trust fund kiddies next door get 60 inch plasmas. Did I break into their house and steal their tv. No I didn't.

I live in a world whee it's not sexy to be short if your a guy. It's not fair. I get singled out from the other sex just on that fact while some a hole who's simply tall gets all the women. Did I go around and break the legs of every tall person I came across to make it "fair" for me. No I didn't. I worked on my personality and over came the odds.

There are plenty of poor people out there living in a world thats not fair. DO most of them use that as an excuse to go around robbing people that have something they want. No they don't. I don't feel bad for anybody who is trying to rob from someone and gets shot over a pair of shoes. Not even useful or important shoes. Not shoes you would actually need for any damned good reason. Just a pair of sneakers. Nope I don't.

THe whole argument that the kid was disenfranchised and needed to teal from people to make it right or compensate for that is garbage. There are plenty of people out there in the exact same predicaments and " financial injustices" who don't ever go around robbing people.

Feeling sorry for a kid who's broke, wants a pair of air jordans for literally no GOOD reason, and tries to by force steal them from someone else and gets shot. Yeah OK go ahead. I personally don't I actually look down on that thief for being the punk ass he his.
edit on 27-12-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Who brings a gun on a normal mall shopping trip to buy shoes?

How about the guy that shot the attempted robber?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I legally carry on every bank party store and EVERY mall in Michigan.. .and later today when I visit down in Ohio...and there's no such thing as them not allowing me to

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

hy are you so deadset on the guy just giving the douchebag kid his shoes?

It's the Liberal mindset. They are fundamentally opposed to anyone protecting themselves or others who are in grave danger with deadly force. They also celebrate the criminal and demonize the law enforcement. The consistently come down on those two sides in nearly every debate. To a Liberal we should cower in fear and comply so that nobody gets hurt, and it's irrelevant to them if the criminal is actively engaged in threatening the lives of others at that point.

edit on 27-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Being a senior citizen, I think that I see things a bit differently. The culprit here isn't the use of guns but the "gangsta" mentality that is infects the young black community. It is a function of the media in video games and television.

Many of the the 14-18 year olds in the "bad" neighborhoods (da hood) have nothing (for whatever reason) so they believe they are being treated differently than the main-stream population. They are victims too! With a gun they can protect themselves from the other thugs and it gives them "power" to get things that are important to them ( $200 gym shoes) that give them CRED (credibility) with their peers. The young black kids sees crime so often that they probably can't differentiate between right from wrong.

The major problem is they do not share the same values as the main population. Education is not valued. The jobs are not available for people without education so work ethic is different from other communities.

I have two friends who have lost children to gun violence with one by a drive-by. It's heartbreaking! It would appear that it is becoming a way of life in the black neighborhood.

Both my wife and I have a CCW permit. This was due to three events over the last 20 years. My wife was assaulted while leaving work twice by young black kids wanting money. She spent three day in the hospital as a result of the last robbery when didn't have her purse.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: NOTurTypical

he was a 16 year old kid who never had the chance to learn from his mistakes.....it is sad when we people decide that they are judge jury and executioner....

Yes, he did have chances. He did not learn from those chances. Perhaps killing someone would have been the lesson he needed to turn his life around? Who's loved one would you volunteer to provide him that lesson?

I wish for him and his family that he had not made the choice, again, to be a criminal, but he's not the victim. He suffered the consequences of his choice to be a criminal. The ACTUAL victim did NOT decide to be judge, jury and executioner. He was FORCED by a criminal to DEFEND himself.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

a reply to: Krakatoa

No, they can refuse to do business with you, but someone that is licensed cannot be barred from that place.

You are wrong. Your rights do not override other peoples rights on their property it doesn't matter if you have a license or not. If you had watched the video that was in the article which you obviously didn't the cop himself said the guy broke the law by taking a gun into the mall.

Can you please cite the law that was broken?

Can we all now just make up our own laws that apply to our own property? Really?

And.... um..... cops are usually not legal scholars. Just sayin'.

Don't you people know how to use Google? Ohio law says the business's have the right to ban firearms for safety reasons. Here is the act that was signed into law. Ohio HB12 Have a good read.

Since you couldn't be bothered to provide us with the exact wording of the law YOU threw in our faces (a disingenuous act IMO, since those that make a claim are responsible for providing that evidence not throwing Google in our faces). Here is the specific section to which you didn't point us to (then, you may not have understood the document you sourced, which would explain your reluctance to be specific).

Sec. 2911.21. (A) No person, without privilege to do so, shall do any of the following:
(1) Knowingly enter or remain on the land or premises of another;

(2) Knowingly enter or remain on the land or premises of another, the use of which is lawfully restricted to certain persons, purposes, modes, or hours, when the offender knows he the offender is in violation of any such restriction or is reckless in that regard;

(3) Recklessly enter or remain on the land or premises of another, as to which notice against unauthorized access or presence is given by actual communication to the offender, or in a manner prescribed by law, or by posting in a manner reasonably calculated to come to the attention of potential intruders, or by fencing or other enclosure manifestly designed to restrict access;

(4) Being on the land or premises of another, negligently fail or refuse to leave upon being notified by signage posted in a conspicuous place or otherwise being notified to do so by the owner or occupant, or the agent or servant of either.

(B) It is no defense to a charge under this section that the land or premises involved was owned, controlled, or in custody of a public agency.

(C) It is no defense to a charge under this section that the offender was authorized to enter or remain on the land or premises involved, when such authorization was secured by deception.

(D) Whoever violates this section is guilty of criminal trespass, a misdemeanor of the fourth degree.

(E) As used in this section, "land or premises" includes any land, building, structure, or place belonging to, controlled by, or in custody of another, and any separate enclosure or room, or portion thereof.

So, unless he had explicit permission to carry in the mall from the mall itself (if it can be proven he indeed did carry it in and didn't don it after leaving the mall) then he might be charged with a misdemeanor. But, the mall itself would be the ones to file that charge. And I guarantee you that would be a PR nightmare for them....and a boon to the criminal element to know that the mall owners will protect them if they decide to rob someone on their premises.

I grew up with these type of criminal minds, I know how they think. This would be the equivalent to an advertisement to criminals as a free-zone for them to get away with armed robbery knowing full well the mall will be on their side in filling charges against anyone that is carrying.

Thanks for backing up your statements with valuable research, oh wait, you didn't I had to do that for you. Typical of the mentality of folks that defend criminal behavior and vilify a citizen trying to defend their own life.

ETA: If you read through that law further, it states here that..........

Sec. 2923.12. (A) No person shall knowingly carry or have, concealed on his or her the person's person or concealed ready at hand, any of the following:
(G)(1) Whoever violates this section is guilty of carrying concealed weapons,. Except as otherwise provided in this division or division (G)(2) of this section, carrying concealed weapons in violation of division (A) of this section is a misdemeanor of the first degree. If Except as otherwise provided in this division or division (G)(2) of this section, if the offender previously has been convicted of a violation of this section or of any offense of violence, if the weapon involved is a firearm that is either loaded or for which the offender has ammunition ready at hand, or if the weapon involved is dangerous ordnance, carrying concealed weapons in violation of division (A) of this section is a felony of the fourth degree. If Except as otherwise provided in division (G)(2) of this section, if the weapon involved is a firearm and the violation of this section is committed at premises for which a D permit has been issued under Chapter 4303. of the Revised Code or if the offense is committed aboard an aircraft, or with purpose to carry a concealed weapon aboard an aircraft, regardless of the weapon involved, carrying concealed weapons in violation of division (A) of this section is a felony of the third degree.

So this teen had no qualms about committing a felony, since he had been charged for numerous misdemeanors in his short past. So, in 1/10 of a second, you want someone to give them the benefit of the doubt that they do not intend to fire...just intimidate. Well, that is still a felony given his past. That aspect of the law you seem to not mention or glossed over, a typical tactic to tell only your side of the law I guess.

edit on 12/27/2014 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

He had a permit, and was abiding by the law. I meant who brings one illegally. That is serious thug behavior, taking a gun to go buy shoes?

I mentioned this discussion and my take on it over a few drinks with a group of 8 guys tonite, 2 poms, 2 Aussies (myself included), 1 German, 2 french guys and a Thai guy.
The unanimous consensus was that Americans are really messed up when it comes to guns and 1 of the Frenchies and the German were in the army.

Whether legal or illegal taking a gun to the mall is messed up and the sign of a culture in decay.
How did things get so bad that when you go shopping you think to yourself "wallet, check, keys, check, phone, check, handgun and ammo, check"????
And whats even worse is none of you even seem to notice what a messed up state of affairs your in!!!!

The mind truly boggles

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

He had a permit, and was abiding by the law. I meant who brings one illegally. That is serious thug behavior, taking a gun to go buy shoes?

I mentioned this discussion and my take on it over a few drinks with a group of 8 guys tonite, 2 poms, 2 Aussies (myself included), 1 German, 2 french guys and a Thai guy.
The unanimous consensus was that Americans are really messed up when it comes to guns and 1 of the Frenchies and the German were in the army.

Whether legal or illegal taking a gun to the mall is messed up and the sign of a culture in decay.
How did things get so bad that when you go shopping you think to yourself "wallet, check, keys, check, phone, check, handgun and ammo, check"????
And whats even worse is none of you even seem to notice what a messed up state of affairs your in!!!!

The mind truly boggles

It starts with someone that is intent on ignoring the law thinking, "I want what they have, and will take it, by force if necessary. And I think I'll go somewhere I know someone should not be armed, and is likely I can get away with robbing them without fear of being hurt. Hey, that mall there has a sign against anyone carrying in there....perfect. I don't care about that sign, so I should be safe performing an armed robbery here."

If you live in a world that does not have people that think that way, and are willing to act on those thoughts, you should consider yourself lucky. At least until you do run into someone that does think that way, then I hope after you give them everything you own, including the location of your home and family, they don't kill you to keep you from identifying them to police.

Good luck with that....some folks don't have that option. And, for the record, this is not the case in 99% of the United States regardless of what the Euro's think.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

And criminals don't get them .. because .. you know .. they use them for crimes, like this person. If he had a gun, and used it to defend a mother and child I would be right there with you. He had an illegal gun and used it for a crime. Pro gun people say criminals will always have guns. Gun laws only hurt law abiding citizen. This is an instance that proves that true.

I cant think of any instances in any of the countries Ive lived in where a 16 has been able to access a gun to commit armed robbery with, do you acknowledge the fact that by making guns so readily accessible and completely untaboo like they are in most countries you just make it easier for crims to get guns in the 1st place as well as making everyone feel the need for one therefore just compounding the problem?

Again I ask, why would someone simply carry an illegal gun to get shoes? Criminals do that. Which, he turned out to be. The fact he was just carrying to carry paints him in a worse picture. This was not some stupid mistake where he brought a gun along, he obviously carried a gun around with him. Like a thug. It makes me even less sympathetic.

Legal or not why would any sane person carry a gun to the mall to buy shoes???? to almost every non Americans point of view the answer is someone who is deep down hoping to use it, the rest of the above quote also applies here

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoAngel2u

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: NOTurTypical

he was a 16 year old kid who never had the chance to learn from his mistakes.....it is sad when we people decide that they are judge jury and executioner....

Yes, he did have chances. He did not learn from those chances. Perhaps killing someone would have been the lesson he needed to turn his life around? Who's loved one would you volunteer to provide him that lesson?

I wish for him and his family that he had not made the choice, again, to be a criminal, but he's not the victim. He suffered the consequences of his choice to be a criminal. The ACTUAL victim did NOT decide to be judge, jury and executioner. He was FORCED by a criminal to DEFEND himself.

It really seems we have become a society where no one is responsible for their own actions. Its the Government's fault why I'm like I am, or my boss' fault he doesn't pay me more, or rich people are to blame for all my life troubles. It is always something else and not the individual at fault.

In this case it is not a 16 year old thug's fault he got killed, it is the victim's fault for defending himself. Or we say he is a 16 year old child, like what Brown was described like many times, all 280 pound 6'5" child...

I'm sure this wasn't the 16 year-old's first time at mugging or hurting someone, so if one CHOOSES to live that life then a short life it will be by statistics.

There is a lifestyle to all this, that is why the homicide rate for black male victims was 31.67 per 100,000 in 2014 compared to white male victims at 3.85 per 100,000. That lifestyle is a choice that this person choose to live, a very deadly choice no matter how you look at it though.

edit on 27-12-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Legal or not why would any sane person carry a gun to the mall to buy shoes???? to almost every non Americans point of view the answer is someone who is deep down hoping to use it, the rest of the above quote also applies here

Most true concealed carry, carry all the time. It is a part of their normal life habit with no thought to it all. Kind of like wearing socks, you most likely do not think himmm I'm only going to wear socks if I go to the gym, you just put them on all the time unless you are in flip-flops.

edit on 27-12-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Man the comments on some of those sites

This kid brought this on him self I get that but does that mean all apathy is out the window?

Sad day the kid did this and died. Hope the two that ran away and got caught sell out the people that put them up to it.

Kind of. I'm sure people think it's unfortunate but the truth is, people are tired of being bullied, beaten and killed; by cops or thugs (same thing really). Whose to say if the thug wouldn't have killed him anyway. Many robbers kill their victims even after attaining what they are seeking.

The crime here is obvious. A lack of respect and honor. It's what is sorely lacking today.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join