It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

Of course, people can appear heartless at times. However, in the current state of the world

Your the 3rd or 4th person who has used that line, Its not the current state of the world, Its the current state of AMERICA!!!!!
Those of you who believe the rest of the world is like the good ol US of A where teenagers being killed in armed robberies is cause for celebration are so deluded it isnt even funny.
There is something seriously wrong with the American Psyche

Nowhere in the world is this even close to being acceptable and if most of you were to express the sentiments you have in this thread to people you knew you would very quickly find yourself ostracised out of fear you were a psychopath.

And that is the honest to god truth!!!!!!!
edit on 27/12/2014 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: TheCrowMan

Yes it was his fault but why do we need to celebrate that a kid made a decision that took his life?

this is what i do not understand.......how is it ok to celebrate death no matter how it came about

Well everyone is different, I dont for one minute consider this dead person, it means nothing to me, I dont think about its family, I dont feel grief for it, I just do not care that its dead. Do you think I have a problem because I am completely emotionally removed from this, I can say how I feel.

Would I feel different if it were my son on the receiving end?? Damn right I would, I love my little man and hate to think him ending up cold on a slab for a mistake. I would probably even be considering finding the person who shot him and exacting some revenge, I dont know.

But I will not apologise for my feelings. I wouldnt give the steam of my piss to save an African Child, would I feel different if I were an Afircan parent of a dying child, damn right I would.

There is a big difference here, I have not been on the end of a Muslim Extreemist Suicide Bomb, do I wish every one who straps on a vest of explosives to prematurely detonate with several accomplices whilst they are making the bomb vest? Absolutely I do. Would I feel different if it were my lovely son, yes probably.

It isnt and I dont care, to me, a worthless drain on an already draining world is one less thing to consider, am I celebrating it, well I am smiling to myself because a stupid criminal is brown bread, Im not going to pretend any different.

BTW - I have been a Life Guard and saved a young girls life...I have coached several school sports teams..judge me. Bothered?? Not I.

You on the other hand feel richeous enough to judge me and with the deceased becoming the victim mentality, same as we are seeing with Michael "Criminal Bully Shop Heist Gun Toting" Brown, you left wing overly PC people are the problem with this world.

edit on 27-12-2014 by TheCrowMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

The person who waits for shots to be fired first is a fool.

And so is the person who draws a gun when someone is already pointing one at them

When someone points a gun at you it's not the right time to play the "what if" game.

Your right, however this isnt the case now and we do have the luxury of playing "what if".
Do you sincerely feel this attempted robbery would have turned into a full blown murder had the man complied?
Do feel its irrelevant is one thing but to genuinely believe the above is the case is another.

So whicjh is it?
Irrelevant or the man was in serious life threatening danger?

In this game of "what if" to say anything along the lines of "anytime a gun is involved your in serious danger" is one of your favourite things, a strawman argument, do you believe in your heart of hearts this Kid would have killed had he been given the shoes?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheCrowMan

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: TheCrowMan

Yes it was his fault but why do we need to celebrate that a kid made a decision that took his life?

this is what i do not understand.......how is it ok to celebrate death no matter how it came about

Well everyone is different, I dont for one minute consider this dead person, it means nothing to me, I dont think about its family, I dont feel grief for it, I just do not care that its dead. Do you think I have a problem because I am completely emotionally removed from this, I can say how I feel.

Would I feel different if it were my son on the receiving end?? Damn right I would, I love my little man and hate to think him ending up cold on a slab for a mistake. I would probably even be considering finding the person who shot him and exacting some revenge, I dont know.

But I will not apologise for my feelings. I wouldnt give the steam of my piss to save an African Child, would I feel different if I were an Afircan parent of a dying child, damn right I would.

There is a big difference here, I have not been on the end of a Muslim Extreemist Suicide Bomb, do I wish every one who straps on a vest of explosives to prematurely detonate with several accomplices whilst they are making the bomb vest? Absolutely I do. Would I feel different if it were my lovely son, yes probably.

It isnt and I dont care, to me, a worthless drain on an already draining world is one less thing to consider, am I celebrating it, well I am smiling to myself because a stupid criminal is brown bread, Im not going to pretend any different.

BTW - I have been a Life Guard and saved a young girls life...I have coached several school sports teams..judge me. Bothered?? Not I.

You on the other hand feel richeous enough to judge me and with the deceased becoming the victim mentality, same as we are seeing with Michael "Criminal Bully Shop Heist Gun Toting" Brown, you left wing overly PC people are the problem with this world.

congratulations now i have even less faith in humanity

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I will always mourn the choices a person made that brought them to that point, and I will always rejoice when my world becomes a safer place.

if you really believe that i would be led to believe that your time working in mental health has corrupted your own ability to see through the veil

What does mental health have to do with this case. There is no indication this person was suffering from a mental illness.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
a reply to: NOTurTypical

The person who waits for shots to be fired first is a fool.

And so is the person who draws a gun when someone is already pointing one at them

Seemed to work for him in this case.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Your the 3rd or 4th person who has used that line, Its not the current state of the world, Its the current state of AMERICA!!!!!
Those of you who believe the rest of the world is like the good ol US of A where teenagers being killed in armed robberies is cause for celebration are so deluded it isnt even funny.

Nowhere in the world is this even close to being acceptable and if most of you were to express the sentiments you have in this thread to people you knew you would very quickly find yourself ostracised out of fear you were a psychopath.

And that is the honest to god truth!!!!!!!

Out of curiosity can you show me any polls that back that up? That people believe they should always do whatever a robber says and should not be able to defend themselves.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

thanks for posting that....it really hit a nerve with me seeing that diatribe being posted and is the only reason i am still here going around in circles with occams razor...i think it is about time i bowed out and spent some time with my boy

Always a good idea. Mind if I ask you a hypothetical, it's conjecture and as such has no bearing on this particular case.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I'm not celebrating, but I don't feel bad that someone who chose to resort to armed robbery was killed 'on the job'. The thing about the good ol US of A [sic] is that there really is no need for anyone to resort to armed robbery to survive, let alone pull a gun on someone for their sneakers. Answer me this, do you think the group would have approached the man if they knew he was armed and prepared to defend his property with force?

I don't. I think the group was a bunch of big mouth cowards who walked around strapped for the social status. My reasoning for this is that in one of the articles linked in the OP it talks about one of the kids involved getting into trouble because he brought a BB gun or airsoft gun to school. That tells me someone was only interested in the intimidation factor and perceived social status which a handgun carries with it.

Can't say I disagree with you on that, but I do disagree with your painting of my country with one broad stroke of your righteous brush.

I don't feel this was directed at me, but I live in a world where if you pull a gun on someone to intimidate them out of their shoes, there is very little sympathy to be had when your life comes to an abrupt end when you pick the wrong one to shake down. Those who I include in my life hold the same values as I do, we aren't the type to let emotions cloud our judgement. If I had to worry about what I tell my friends/family, I would think maybe a re-evaluation of who I surround myself with would be in order.

No where in the world should it be acceptable to use any kind of weapon, whether it's a .50 cal handgun or a goddamn plastic butter knife, to coerce someone else out of their belongings. I don't know how it's done in your country but no where in the world should it be acceptable to give in to fake gang bangers because someone might get butthurt about it if you fight back. Sure, they're only material possessions, but at the end of the day that's all we have, and some people work damn hard to have things to make this life more bearable...like a nice pair of shoes. You can play with words all day long and tell me about how emotions and memories and all that are more important than possessions and I would agree with you to a point. A man much much smarter than I once said "The best decision you could ever make is the decision that allows you to make more decisions". Sounds stupid at first, but think about it.

The man who was getting robbed didn't know if the kid was willing to shoot, in a case where a gun is pointed at you it's best to assume the worst. In my eyes it's no different than if I'm in the bush and a lion is coming my way. You make a choice to live or die fighting. The man made a choice to meet force with force, and he walked away with his life. Had he bypassed drawing his weapon (which he was licensed to carry) he may have lost his life to a greedy little #head.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Out of curiosity can you show me any polls that back that up? That people believe they should always do whatever a robber says and should not be able to defend themselves.

No I cant and I havent even looked for any, Ive spoken extensively on the topic of Guns and the US to 100,s of people from dozens of countries and am speaking from personal experience and with that said I never claimed people said what I quoted from you above.

In most countries the accepted wisdom is that if someone is robbing you give them your material possessions as they are just not that important and are easily replaceable compared to your health and life.
Its not very often in Oz or Europe you hear of someone being held up and then any violence ensuing after demands have been met, the perp is normally just as scared and nervous as the victim and will take off as soon as they have what it is they wanted, although I will concede they are not as shaken afterwards.

If an opportunity to defend yourself comes up you do so but why risk injury or death when its just money?
Ive heard of several cases where people (usually women) have been held up and robbers have demanded handbags/purses/wallets and the victim will refuse due to personal irreplaceable keepsakes being in them, the robbers have then demanded the cash from them or let them take out the photos , drawings etc etc

Ive also heard of alot of cases of peoplke being hit over the back of the head without any demands made and then being robbed. I think its fairly safe to assume if demands are made without violence preceding them, even if the perp has a weapon they really dont want to cause you physical harm and will take off when they have whatever it is they were after

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

do you believe in your heart of hearts this Kid would have killed had he been given the shoes?

Nope. He would have trotted off with his friends and felt like he was a king. Then he would have done the same thing who knows how many times. Now is when you come back with the "but how can you know he would do it again?" bull#. How do I know? Because if you're 16 and robbing people of their Jordans at gunpoint, surviving to the age of 21 would be a milestone.

Why are you so deadset on the guy just giving the douchebag kid his shoes? What benefit does bending to the will of a twisted individual provide? ONLY THE #HEAD CRIMINAL BENEFITS IN YOUR SUGGESTED ACTION.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: generik they should also insure that everybody in the mall is equally disarmed. that means physically checking each and every person that enters the mall to insure they do not have a weapon.

They do that in the Philippines.

i know, that is where i got it from. it takes no real time to get in. it would even add needed jobs to the economy. i definitely feel safer than in both US and Canadian malls because of it. it's something i would love to see happen in US and Canadian malls. too many shootings have happened in mall in both the US and Canada, this type of thing would help stop that. and in this case the kid would not have died as not only would the guy who righteously shot him would not only have not had a gun. but the kid himself could not have even tried to rob the guy at gunpoint, because he also would have been unarmed, thus not causing his own death by someone rightfully protecting their own life from him. plainly speaking the whole situation would not have occurred at the mall.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

feel a bit sorry for the kidwe all make bad decicisonms sometimes. Heshould not hve tried to rob o,meonebut its sad he lost hid life over a pair of shoes. Peeps on here that seem to think its a good thing needt o look at themselfs a bit more....

(post by hammanderr removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

In most countries the accepted wisdom is that if someone is robbing you give them your material possessions as they are just not that important and are easily replaceable compared to your health and life.

Agreed.

If an opportunity to defend yourself comes up you do so but why risk injury or death when its just money?

Agreed.

Ive also heard of alot of cases of peoplke being hit over the back of the head without any demands made and then being robbed. I think its fairly safe to assume if demands are made without violence preceding them, even if the perp has a weapon they really dont want to cause you physical harm and will take off when they have whatever it is they were after

Usually true.

As I keep saying, our beliefs really are not that far apart. Here we have a case where a gun was brandished, where health and life was threatened.

An opportunity to defend presented itself, he took it. It was not just money, his life and health was threatened.

Gambling with your life and health hoping they do not want to harm you is never preferable to defending yourself IF an opportunity presents itself.

Mind if I ask you a hypothetical?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: Krakatoa

feel a bit sorry for the kidwe all make bad decicisonms sometimes. Heshould not hve tried to rob o,meonebut its sad he lost hid life over a pair of shoes. Peeps on here that seem to think its a good thing needt o look at themselfs a bit more....

No one lost their life over a pair of shoes. He lost his life because he threatened someone with a gun.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

Nope. He would have trotted off with his friends and felt like he was a king. Then he would have done the same thing who knows how many times. Now is when you come back with the "but how can you know he would do it again?"

Sadly no I dont, I am in agreement with you that he most likely would have been emboldened and done it again, but to throw around another overused word in this thread thats purely conjecture.
He apparently went to the store with money intending to buy the shoes and only resorted to robbery when they ran out.

Why are you so deadset on the guy just giving the douchebag kid his shoes? What benefit does bending to the will of a twisted individual provide?

Because at the end of the day its merely a pair of shoes, this situation could have gone the other way, he goes to draw and the Kid gets off a round or 2 before he can, now we got a guy bleeding to death in the street over a pair of shoes and a "Im not ghiving in, its not the shoes its the principle" type attitude.

My initial point was derailed so Ill say it again, Im not gonna shed any tears for this Kid, he did the wrong thing and paid the ultimate price. It is sad but there are much more worthy things for me to waste my thoughts and feelings on than a mugging gone bad.
Im in this thread not because the man should have handed over the shoes, Im here because of how people are rejoicing that the Kid has been taken out. The 1st 2-3 pages of comments are absolutely disgusting and I somehow got sidetracked and misinterpreted as being on the Kids side, Im not on his side Im just on the opposite side to everyone who thinks this is great and a cause for celebration.

Hopefully thats the last time I have to clear that up

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

He apparently went to the store with money intending to buy the shoes and only resorted to robbery when they ran out.

Who brings a gun on a normal mall shopping trip to buy shoes? Either he is a bigger thug than I thought, or that's not true.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

No I cant and I havent even looked for any, Ive spoken extensively on the topic of Guns and the US to 100,s of people from dozens of countries

100's of people from dozens of countries...care to elaborate?

If that is considered accepted wisdom, then let's address the inverse for a moment.

If it is widely understood that material possessions are just not that important and are easily replaceable, why is it ok for someone to risk their health by strong arming possessions from other people? If we can't fight back against the attempt at robbery, what is your solution? Juice and cookies for everyone? A stern lecture for the robber? A gold star to the person who just handed over their $200 shoes because some punk kid told him to?

I'm interested in your solutions.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
STAFF EDIT: the original post by hammanderr was removed for a serious terms and conditions violation & hence has been edited out here. [End of Staff edit.]

Another totally disgusting, inappropriate and sick comment to add to the massive pile weve already got in this thread, well done

Can you point out in any of my probably 30 posts in this thread were I defended this kid?
A few of you seem to think not getting up and dancing for joy that hes dead or finding it repugnant that others appear to be equates to me defending him or sympathizing with him. Also, disagreeing with the actions of the shooter is not me saying the Kid was right or deserved to get away with this

Wouldn't it be beautiful if everyone just stopped defending themselves, no ownership, no personal property.....this is the dawning if the age of Aquarius, Aquarius...harmony and understanding..

Get real. Criminals deserve the justice they receive. Go join a drum circle.

LMAO oh yeah Im a massive flower child type

I dont buy into that whole right/left paradigm nonsense but those who do would consider me more towards middle right and I am one of the most unPC people I know.
But yes I dont like guns and killing people so I must be a massive tree hugging hippie

Grow up and grab a clue mate

edit on 27/12/14 by JustMike because: Edited out quoted post as it was removed by staff for a T&C violation.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join