It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Targeted in ‘Shutdown’ Campaign

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
So these misguided young people and foolish adults feel stopping free press is the answer.........Take a good hard look and ask yourself if this is the right way to fix things.

Your premise is flawed. Fox isn't the press, 90% of the stuff they report on is false and they went to court (and won) on the argument that they're an entertainment company, not a news organization and therefore have no reason to behave as members of the press, or be held to journalistic standards.

Wanting them shut down is hardly a shot at a free press.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ummm...I get a real good laugh out of all you...USUAL SUSPECTS...that still live in the right versus left paradigm...

It's so darned funny to watch it all happen here...every freaking day...

I'm over here waiting for you all to grow up so that we can honestly be about the business of creating...that "shining city on the hill"..................waiting...................waiting...

I mean...face it.....we all bark and moan about the same things...YET...somehow it all get's twisted into a battle between you crossed my T...or I dotted your I...

Why don't you all just give it a rest for a change and realize that it's really not so fun to be played the way you are...every freaking post you smear the page with......Do you all really...LIKE...to be played that much...

I get it...I really do...addictions for some are a real monkey on your back...

However...something about whichever dog and feeding quantity comes to mind...

Get real people.......Grow the eff up...

We should be so...OVER...the divide by now...yet here we are........a freaking gain...

Dance little puppet.....................dance...

YouSir
edit on 28-12-2014 by YouSir because: of too many eeee's

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Lol at most of this post.

It's funny but scary to me to see how many people are programmed

Any one that says Fox is conservative, either doesn't understand what conservatism is, or is programmed to hate Fox News for not being liberal enough

Fox News does have the best rating amount the news channels. The way most people are influenced by Fox is with the Fox network. Can anyone name a real conservative show on The Fox network?

If the waybFox Corp touches the most people isn't consetvative, how can one say Fux is conservative, unless you are progrmed to think, that you are an independent modern thinker and fox is racist

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
The best thing to do against FOX NEWS is convince people to turn off their subscription.

Doing things like this only gives them more fodder for their faithful, who will defend them to the end, no matter how ridiculous their stories and positions get.

I saw something not too long ago about the ratings for the major US news networks and how they were collapsing, that people were turning it off and getting their information from various sources online and that the majority no longer trusted the MSNM.

It also mentioned that more than half of FOX news viewers are over the age of 68.

TV is failing anyway, losing people to on-demand services and internet streaming sites. I haven't turned on my TV in more than a month. Everything I want to watch I can find on-line, and the fact that most major networks still haven't developed these options for a global audience says a lot about how backward thinking they are.

I don't know what it's like in the US, but in the UK we have the BBC and Channel 4 delivering on-demand services through their own sites, these are basically the only two who invested in the option when it became clear that this is where things were going, not surprising these two are pretty much the leaders in UK TV broadcasting (aside from Murdoch's SKY) and both create their own content in everything from series' to cinema.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well Horrah for the NAZIS!!!!

What?

The only speech in this country that is allowed is only what you agree with ?

Hey what's next gonna burn some books too?

I wonder if people ever get tired of whining about Fox News ?

Not the only 'corporate racist's' out there.

But WHO CARES right ?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The are preparing for an all out communist revolution. Where in the mist of chaos all opposition is eliminated in a single day when Marshall law declared and constitution suspended.

They already have everyone on the red yellow and blue list.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Interesting.

People might wonder what methods are used by TPTB.

If there's no Left and no Right, what is it then?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ummm...just you and I...and everyone else...When you get past the hyperbole...we all want the same things out of life...

I wasn't aiming my post at you anyway...I know you...get it...and I also know you enjoy tweaking people...much as I do...A little nudge here a little push in this or that direction...

I just want to get some kind of reaction...I want people to seriously think about how their cog of a life fits into the overall scheme...Then I think...WOW...we really do lead programmed lives...

I guess I've just made up my mind that I'm not going to play anymore...or rather I'm not going to play at being played...
I hate it when I realize that I've fallen into that trap...

Anyhow...to further answer your question...I guess it all ties into the Yin Yang concept and a more personal realization on my part that I'm neither good or bad...right or left...I'm just me and I kinda like that...

And to be honest...If I were to actually meet any of these people I've chastised here that I would like them and make my home theirs...That's what it's all about Xeunchen...eff the rest of the nonsense...It's all got to start somewhere...Why not right here............right now...?

YouSir

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Yeah there is bias and scripts on both sides of the media...msnbc is shameless left wing and all of that.

But... Fox news just takes it to a whole other level of stupid. Hannity? LOL Coulter? and then you tie in talk radio with Prager and Savage and Limbaugh and it's almost criminal....Horrible.

Fox news and talk radio are for stupid people. It's that simple.

Are you serious? Have you not met the geniuses on left-slanted news? And this is FROM a lefty!

I used to believe that people like Sharpton were out doing good because in the foundation of their agenda, there is still a miniscule atom of good: equality

But it's turned just as arrogant and blatant as anything Fox has ever put out.

Yes Fox is a humongous BS factory...but don't pretend MSNBC/CNN are not...just as bad

I am starting to think that people, ALL people, myself included should actually spend less time watch opposing mouthpieces and looking at their own with some real discernment

What Sharpton pretends to be is what I'd enjoy...a free, equality USA with equality and justice for all

Instead it just gets turned into race for race...truly

I do truly and honestly believe that blacks are targetted for crimes. I believe that. BUT that doesn't make every black person law abiding citizens either.

Zimmerman? I think guilty

Ed Garner? Killed unfairly

Brown....

not so sure on that one...point is we ALL have to start looking past skin and have to start looking past talking heads

The only real question left is...where does one actually go to get good news anymore?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: amazing
But... Fox news just takes it to a whole other level of stupid. Hannity? LOL Coulter? and then you tie in talk radio with Prager and Savage and Limbaugh and it's almost criminal....Horrible.

And MSNBC doesn't? Al Sharpton. Rachel Maddow. Chris Matthews. Ed Schultz. Mika Brzezinski. Olbermann and Brashier .... A whole other level of stupid ... it's almost criminal .. horrible. Same/same.

Unless these protesters make an even handed run of it, they are just hypocrites.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Not even close. I mean I'll give you Sharpton and Olbermann...they're stupid. Maddow, isn't stupid or divisive though...she's just annoying. I can't stand listening to her. I don't even know any of the other ones you mentioned.

Limbaugh though. Have you ever even listened to him? Sharpton and Olbermann together don't even come close to that amount of stupidity. LOL And nobody whines as much as Hannity. I puke a little in my mouth everytime I hear his whinny voice. No one is as nasty as Ann Coulter.. The people on the left, just can't match her. I've never seen anyone on the left as nasty as her.

Fox and talk radio are like ten levels above everyone else. I feel "stupider" just typing their names! LOL

It's that whiny, hateful, divisive, intolerance....those blatant lies and misrpresentations that make their viewers so stupid.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Fox News is like pro-wrestling
you know it's fake but you watch it anyway .

(post by sirhumperdink removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join