It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We really are entering a time of Climate extremes and I think it's time to face it...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

If you would read through this thread carefully, you would know the answer...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: Eagleyedobserver

There have been stronger and stronger hurricanes over the past decade (which are fueled directly by higher ocean temperatures) and stronger winter storms (which are affected by change in weather patterns).
A decade is probably too short a time period to look for hurricane patterns as they are highly variable within such a short time span. This graph doesn't seem to show any clear trend, not even in the last 10 years:

An update to US Hurricane Intensity 1900-2012 – no recent trend with hurricane Sandy

Even if there was some kind of recent increase in the last decade or two, it could just be bouncing back to "normal" levels after five decades of decline, so I don't know what your point was:

Downward trends in the frequency of intense Atlantic hurricanes during the past five decades

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Eagleyedobserver

Don't know if anyone shared this already, but here it goes:
www.livescience.com...=NocjNhcTrfsBrcYAbdQG0VQBwzLbXN2n

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I don't think there is a shift to hot or cold weather...

all I see are wind & wave currents of air & water that are not flowing in the sorta stable patterns of the last ~100 years

once hot or mild locations are getting severe & extreme weather they are not used to having... while other normally stressful places are getting less winds or rain or snow or temperasture extremes

~so on the whole.... the 'average' is being maintained but new wrinkles in the weather patterns are visiting places that were somewhat immune to weather extremes before 2012.... ~

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hmmm, no. man made climate change has pretty much been tossed into yesterdays crisis of the day trash can and nobody much worries about it any more. Save for those who still want to cash in on it.
edit on 29-12-2014 by Dutchowl because: forgot to finish a sentence

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It is the middle of winter in Europe, snow has fallen in the French Alps, and motorists have been stranded, middle of winter, snow, Alps, and motorists are stranded? what is up with people?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
helloo,

im kinda surprised no one has posted a link of this person's youtube/website
been following this guy for a couple of years now, and he has got something to say (and he backs it all up with links so you can check it out for yourself)

he is known as Suspicious0bservers on youtube www.youtube.com... (hope this works)
and his website is www.suspicious0bservers.org...
he has this small playlist you guys should check out when you have the time
www.youtube.com...

and theres this "small" list i will link here, well... more like 34 vids, enter at your own risk, you will loose time when you begin to watch this

www.youtube.com...

have fun watching

edit on 29-12-2014 by pheniks because: ow god the grammar

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: pheniks
I went to the website and it doesn't say anything about anything, it just has three videos with no description of the contents, and your post doesn't say much of anything about anything except redirecting to that page and other videos.

If you post videos or links to videos you're supposed to provide a description according to the T&C. It also looks kind of like spam since that site has a premium membership section. and finally, given that it mentions electric universe as one of the subjects, I wouldn't believe one word as the mention of that term is an automatic red flag of bunk content intended for people who aren't that bright to make them feel smarter than all the smartest scientists, which they obviously aren't, and especially not if they are buying memberships to hear this bunk.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: pheniks
Suspicious0bservers wouldn't happen to go by the user name Pheniks on another well known website would they?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
Mayhaps you should spend some time watching a few of these very educational videos that are grounded in science, instead of the looking at anthropomorphic doom thread material.

To give you synopsis of what is going on

1. the Earth's magnetosphere is down approximately 20% in the last 100 years and that decline is speeding up.
2. the sun appears to be entering into a solar grand minimum similar to the maunder minimum of the middle ages otherwise known as the little ice age.
3. And if you look at the graph below you can note two things. First, Look at the peaks and troughs of the graph and you will see where temperature change leads the change in carbon. This shows that the anthropomorphic global warming scientists (use that term loosely) broke the number one rule in the scientific method, that being cause and effect. Temperature change leads the changes in carbon meaning that change in carbon is an effect of temperature change not a cause of it. Second, carbon could still be used by these people in their modeling because there is a strong correlation temperature change and carbon BUT since 2007, again look at the graph, the event he correlation has broken. That means that models that use carbon to predict temperature change are no longer accurate, the relationship is now inverse, and these models are all broken.

The other things to look up are cosmic rays causing clouds, the weakening strength of the sun and the earth's weakening magnetosphere permitting more cosmic rays, causing more clouds and cooler temperatures.

There is so much more going on here besides the linear thought process of humans causing carbon, carbon causing warming, human's solving problem with carbon taxes and carbon trading. Truth is is that carbon taxation and trading was to be the new revenue source to save western governments and western banking, but instead, the BRICS and the sun have intervened.

anyway there is your synopsis.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dieseldyk

yup, exactly

ty for explaining it a bit more then i did, its to difficult for me to type my thoughts (adhd/add) and my english is good,
but not good enough to have an answer like you did

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dieseldyk
a reply to: Arbitrageur
The other things to look up are cosmic rays causing clouds, the weakening strength of the sun and the earth's weakening magnetosphere permitting more cosmic rays, causing more clouds and cooler temperatures.

Cooler temperatures? There's so much evidence to the contrary. The world is warming and that's why there is cloud cover increase. There is an increase in clouds due to an increase in moisture due to an increase in warming temperatures. Warmer temps will cause moisture in the atmosphere to increase which will cause more clouds which will help to slow down global warming but methane and carbon are still increasing, so it is only a temporary slow down. The other factor is the increase in volcanic eruptions which will cause a temporary slow down in warming from ash clouds. Both are reflecting sun light. But, all those volcanic eruptions are just adding more methane and eventually, the cloud cover will disperse and the sun will come back out and when that happens, there will be a whole lot more methane and carbon. Simple really.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join