It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We really are entering a time of Climate extremes and I think it's time to face it...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
And these climate changes are being brought about by a group of unrelated factors

it seems the Earth Orbital plane is moving and our Solar E-W indicates this cycle

the Earth Core is/has been on a heating up cycle, or else the Mantle Plumes are bring higher heat closer to the crustal plate ...thus activating hundreds or thousands of previously dormant volcanoes, melting perna-frost & frozen tundra which causes those weird sinkholes in the Arctic regions

the Ocean's currents are in stress (warming currents generated by ocean floor volcanoes or salt content altered by those mud volcanoes) which in-turn alters the prior general weather patterns of the air

it is many things combined...but it is not the singular issue of man-made greenhouse gasses from Industrialzation causing the climate pattern disruption...

greenhouse gasses from man is of equal importance as the magnetic pole shift on our climate--- both are infinitesimal

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Shhhh...

You're not supposed to talk about the possible changes happening under the earth's crust, which may in turn effect the planet's hydrological cycles.

Haven't the AGW overlords taught you anything ?!

Back to the torture chamber for you buddy !!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Eagleyedobserver
Here in Western Australia, as well as many other states and territories here have experienced a 'shift' forward with the seasons.
For example, Summer should be for us - Dec, Jan, Feb. However, over the last 5 years it has progressively altered to starting Mid January, feb and continuing well into the middle of march. This is also the same for the rest of the seasons.

That being said, over the years and more recently this year just past, it has been reported a considerable decline with our wildlife and birdlife breeding, inclusive of all animals within the Zoo's throughout Australia.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
I wish this global warming ,which is not happening would go away because it is killing the great barrier reef , which doesn't know it is not happening .

Not to mention the Amazone rainforest.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
So all over earth weather seems to change for over more than 10 years. Changes you shouldnt be aware off this fast, changes that normally occur over vastly longer periods, changes that go hand in hand with upcoming industries..

The theory on ATS is that scientists made it up to promote green energy industries, but if it was just made up wouldnt the much more powerfull oil industries refute it in seconds and make sure everyone knows? please explain that to me non believers..

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Bottom line is, everyone has their opinion, but the science behind it all is too complex.
edit on 27-12-2014 by iNobody because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

There are natural differences. Why do people hysterically try to point it always at the industrial Revolution and SUVS as the cause of climate change? Try looking at the Little Ice Age in Medievel times and tell me the cooling was due to human habitataion?

The Little Ice Age (LIA) was a period of cooling that occurred after the Medieval Warm Period (Medieval Climate Optimum).[1] While it was not a true ice age, the term was introduced into the scientific literature by François E. Matthes in 1939.[2] It has been conventionally defined as a period extending from the sixteenth to the nineteenth centuries,[3][4][5] or alternatively, from about 1350 to about 1850,[6] though climatologists and historians working with local records no longer expect to agree on either the start or end dates of this period, which varied according to local conditions. NASA defines the term as a cold period between AD 1550 and 1850 and notes three particularly cold intervals: one beginning about 1650, another about 1770, and the last in 1850, each separated by intervals of slight warming.[

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatsup86
So all over earth weather seems to change for over more than 10 years. Changes you shouldnt be aware off this fast, changes that normally occur over vastly longer periods, changes that go hand in hand with upcoming industries..

The theory on ATS is that scientists made it up to promote green energy industries, but if it was just made up wouldnt the much more powerfull oil industries refute it in seconds and make sure everyone knows? please explain that to me non believers..

No because the oil industry got involved with alternative energy. I remember going to the World's Fair in Tennessee and the theme was energy. One pavilion was solar power and we were told that the oil companies were controlling solar.

Big Oil bought and controlled the alternative energy business because Big Oil’s main business is and has always been oil, gas, coal and petrochemical profits first.
my.firedoglake.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'm going to go full CT here and mention pole shift. There are books out about pole shifts and theories may vary, including sudden dramatic shifts and more subtle and less drastic ones.

en.was-this-atlantis.info...

www.youtube.com...

www.edgarcayce.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Here is the issue I have with people who dont want to admit global climate change is happening. And its very simple.

First ,If you shine sunlight on a cubic centimeter of air, you can very accurately determine how the energy in that sunlight will warm the air based on the ratios of gases such as methane and carbon dioxide. This is based on science and physics and it can be repeated very accurately around the globe. IE a scientist in Japan can expose air with a specific mix of gases and get the heat it to the same temperature as a scientist in Canada, or Europe or the U.S. Because we have established how gases react to solar radiation and how much or how little in different ratios.

Second, we have a pretty accurate understanding of how much CO2 we are putting into the atmosphere through industrial processes, transportation and even agriculture. We can extrapolate on that data to give a baseline prediction of the effects, which are most often worse in what we measure than what we predict because now methane is outgassing in the arctic, making the warming even more pronounced.

In short, you cannot pump carbon into the atmosphere in amounts we are releasing and NOT have atmospheric warming. It is physically impossible. Its based on laws of physics, not speculation.

We are starting to see and will soon see more and more of the effects of this warming. I dont worry about climate deniers because soon the change will become impossible to deny. The sad thing is, by that time it will be too late.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Too late for what ??

This planet is far from perfect, and has never had a perpetual balance, I really do not see how you can come to calculations you cannot project, as being somehow bad OR good.

Change yes, how it manifests, it could be FAR from sad!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

So all over earth weather seems to change for over more than 10 years

Yes, but we're supposed to believe it's just an accident, even though it was accurately predicted by science and all their prediction continue to come true.

We're supposed to believe people instead who only care about being cheap or lazy or making lots of money from destructive industries.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eagleyedobserver
Yes my belief in this is getting stronger and stronger This is not a thread with 100 links of evidence. Why?

Because I'm not going to waste my time to do all this for a bunch of trolls.

Really nice. Anyone who disagrees with you is a troll ?

Look, think of the earth as a dance floor, and weather patterns as the various color lights, but moving VERY slowly.

The various extremes can be exaggerated or lessened by seas/lakes, or mountains, but climate CHANGES constantly, change is the rule not the exception. The only constant is change itself.

Most cities are quite young and were built in areas with favorable weather within the last few centuries, so we freak out when normal weather pattern changes happen.

You ARE aware that there was a whole landmass inhabited by humans called Doggerland, right? In a matter of a few thousand years it disappeared under the north sea. The last remaining island of Dogger sits about 50feet deep in the middle of the North Sea and was wiped out by an enormous Tsunami from a huge landslide on the coast of Norway.

Also, you're of course aware that around that same time frame, the MEDITERRANEAN SEA almost completely evaporated and looked like death valley, right?

The story of Atlantis is likely true and could be referring to any of thousands of submerged cities within the Mediterranean, or in places like Majorca or Tenerife.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
a reply to: openminded2011

Too late for what ??

This planet is far from perfect, and has never had a perpetual balance, I really do not see how you can come to calculations you cannot project, as being somehow bad OR good.

Change yes, how it manifests, it could be FAR from sad!

To late for our species and civilization to survive. I guess we will find out, right?

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I find it so funny it is climate change now and not global warming. If people really cared about the planet they would be protesting Tepco in Japan and fracking in the US.

These two things are far worse short term.....Maybe even long term.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Well you can thank Frank Lutz for a good part of the change in terminology being used by politicians. I thought most people had seen the memo he sent out saying:

( Frank Luntz, an advisor to the Republican Party. Below are excerpts from this 2002 memo to President George W. Bush titled "The Environment: A Cleaner, Safer, Healthier America". Frank Luntz was employed by the public relations company APCO International, which also worked for the tobacco industry, and helped launching the Friends of Science. Frank Luntz has since changed his position on global warming.)

It’s time for us to start talking about “climate change” instead of global warming and “conservation” instead of preservation.

“Climate change” is less frightening than “global warming”. As one focus group participant noted, climate change “sounds like you’re going from Pittsburgh to Fort Lauderdale.” While global warming has catastrophic connotations attached to it, climate change suggests a more controllable and less emotional challenge.www.motherjones.com...

I love how in #2 he advises them to use rhetorical questions or in #5 to stay away from using terms like "risk assessment" or "cost benefit analysis" because the constituents "voters" are to dumb to understand them.

I guess it can be considered funny that a political party felt the need to change the terminology being used when speaking to the public. Maybe that is what the mission accomplished celebration was for.

edit on 28-12-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

So all over earth weather seems to change for over more than 10 years

Yes, but we're supposed to believe it's just an accident, even though it was accurately predicted by science and all their prediction continue to come true.

Polar bear habitat – more Arctic sea ice in Canada this week than in early 1970s

polarbearscience.co... m/2014/12/26/polar-bear-habitat-more-arctic-sea-ice-in-canada-this-week-than-in-early-1970s/

Globally, the ice is spitting-distance close to the 1981-2010 average calculated by the NSIDC for this date – which means lots of winter/spring hunting habitat for polar bears.

So much for Gores dire predictions, but hey, keep buying his carbon credits if it makes you feel useful.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I won't troll...as per the OP's request. I simply don't believe in man-made global warming/climate change. Sure, we have some impact...just like cow farts do. But I believe this was nothing more than another liberal and/or government agenda. It follows the same as cigarette taxes, health care, etc. Find an evil...find a cure that makes money for the government and does nothing for "the cause" and milk it until it is bone dry. Same old pattern all over again. People can't view the government as mom and dad...or god...unless they are fighting something "for our benefit" and at our expense. Even when it doesn't exist. You know...the monster under the bed syndrome.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

ATS doesn't seem to be a friendly place to talk about such things anymore. There are those that get enraged with anyone who even tries to talk about the possibilities and will immediately swamp your thread with old rhetoric. Anyway, I get what your saying and I am sure you know that one localized event doesn't affect the whole in any meaningful way but when we see many such events the model for normal changes and shows a trend.

Some have postulated the tipping point has already been reached and with the reports of increasing methane thaws I am inclined to believe it. The question IMO is no longer how do we stop or slow it but how do we prepare for what is to come.

Hey Grimpachi. You're correct about ATS and it's legion of propagandists. The OP makes a simple opinionated thread, which he should be entitled to do, and is immediately attacked as spewing propaganda, while it becomes obvious who the true spreaders of propaganda are. It's gotten way too boring for me and I rarely post on ATS any more because I'm tired of arguing with these boneheads. I've become a firm believer that the oil and gas industry has way too much to lose if the climate change debate continues making advances, which BTW, it is, so they are taking action and you can see it plain as day here at ATS. Why do they become so enraged (as you pointed out) or so defensive. What do these members have to lose? Unless of course, they are vested in the companies or have a high paying job, I just don't see the reason for the same rhetoric spewed over and over again. I see what they have finally accomplished...they have made it so that people just don't want to argue with them anymore. It's become meaningless. They've accomplished thread derailment and discouraged one side of the debate from even participating anymore. You nailed it though, it's not friendly anymore and that's why I've chosen to hang elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Hummingbirds in Denver - late November. Among other things...

There's no use posting this kind of thing here - all you'll get is Mother Nature is tricksy

Night herons are a favorite of mine - had a few merged into several of my avatars a few years ago. Please accept my thanks on his behalf :-)

edit on 12/28/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join