It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I, personally, welcome all the Jesus threads

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I see Jesus as a badass conspiracy theorist who knocked over the money changers tables and set the birds free from their cages and whipped the living # out of everyone in there who was working for the 1%ers and called out the 1%ers and who loved the poor huddled masses, the 99% and was gathering them together because he knew the true power of the poor who greatly outnumbered the elites, and still do, and that's a big part of why he was killed because the elites feared him and his growing army of people, which is why they systematically hunted down and killed all his followers before hijacking the whole movement just like they do today...

You could say I'm a Christian, I guess, but I honestly don't see myself as a part of that group since there are very few that I can relate to (but the few I do relate to are really awesome), and I admit I could be wrong and can only say that it works for me, so according to a lot of Christians, I guess I'm going to Hell anyways since I don't rabidly push my beliefs on others and I love all humans equally but am not afraid to denounce evil where I find it even, or especially, when I find it amongst so called followers of Christ.

All the despicable things done "in the name of Christianity" have all happened after the Roman Empire hijacked the teachings and twisted them 180 degrees from their intended direction. It's very unfortunate that so many people were illiterate back then, and even if they weren't, I believe there were laws in place that made reading the Bible forbidden by the common people. Now I wonder why the benevolent bishops and popes would want to do such a thing?

Ah, well... I could be wrong about everything I think I know, or believe, or hope to be true, and maybe Roman Catholicism is the true way, or Atheism, or Paganism, or Scientology, who really knows?? Maybe child sacrificing Molech worship is the true path to enlightenment... But I'll take the risk and go my own way, while being honest and admitting I could be wrong.

I could never incessantly insist that I'm correct in every aspect of my own reasoning and still be able to look at myself in the mirror and say that I am living honestly. Even if I am right about the whole Jesus thing, is my interpretation of his teachings correct in every way? Who am I to say? I am but a mere mortal. Plus, while my main teacher is Jesus, I also enjoy reading and learning about other people's beliefs, as I like to have a well rounded approach to life as well as a sturdy insight as to what other people around the world are thinking and feeling.

Will I be punished with eternal hellfire for accidentally believing the wrong thing or accidentally not believing the exact right thing, or combination of things? I guess we'll see!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

can the religious not pray/meditate/worship in peace and silence?..

Can the atheists not rest on their ideals in silence?

I would say no because they are social creatures and require validation from the group.

"by putting you down I'm taller" type of thinking, not helpful but such is the thinking.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Tangerine

Personal experience just like the majority of people that claim a white bearded man is a representation of god. I don't need a website to prove that this is indeed common. Just go on the religious boards of ATS, does that help being more specific? How about looking at past comments on this thread. Hell look at your comment. Jesus the covert Roman spy carpenter, promoting peaceful rebellion.

You see I can't stand both sides. All I read from you is a bias and blind disrespect for a group of people who think differently.

I don't do your research for you. If you make a claim I expect you to be able to back it up. It seems to be a reasonable expectation. Clearly, you didn't read my post clearly. I said there is a hypothesis that the Flavian caesars created a pro-Roman Jewish messiah. In other words, they made him up. Yes, it's clear you can't stand that which you perceive as two sides--and probably all the other sides and in-between areas, too. I respect people who think. By the way, the word is biased, not bias.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I get what you're saying but..why the need for the denigration of humanity?

all star excreta

I see this all too often lately in ATS...we are nothing more than..sh*t...

Hey look! Earth 10,000 years later and they're still fighting over creeds instead of uniting for betterment.

And who would be saying this...the god made in your image looking from a spaceship?
Who's view of "betterment" would you mould us into...a Borg collective of Dawkins clones?

edit on 27-12-2014 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: because

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I get what you're saying but..why the need for the denigration of humanity?

all star excreta

I see this all too often lately in ATS...we are nothing more than..sh*t...

Perhaps it's to humble us. Believing we're created in the image of God and have dominion over nature and all other species hasn't worked out too well for us or them has it?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I wish it were that simple but I suspect its more sinister. It allows all sorts of rationalizations to creep in. Lets allow all forms of experimentation on humans after all they're only a mass of cells. Who cares if they are killed in war...it all good for the economy. Who cares about the "other" that lives across the border.

Believing we're created in the image of God and have dominion over nature and all other species hasn't worked out too well for us or them has it?

Sure that was simplistic thinking...but was it? It was good for empire expansion and the industrial revolution to concentrate wealth in the hands of the few. And now we have the WWF the UN and others legislating that large tracts of wilderness be off limits.
Do you really think these "pristine" Edens will be for the enjoyment of your grandchildren and not for the exclusive use of the 1%

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I really don't care and I'm done arguing. I have very little interest looking into your conspiracy theory about Jesus not existing. You're kinda feeding my "bias" towards arrogant know it all Atheists

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I was referencing "star stuff"

Star Stuff Quotes

Yeah um, my "god" doesn't ride in a spaceship and the "god" I believe in wasn't made in my image.

Exactly what "god" do you think I worship? One who commands disbelievers, gays, liars and thieves to everlasting punishment?

Just no...

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I really don't care and I'm done arguing. I have very little interest looking into your conspiracy theory about Jesus not existing. You're kinda feeding my "bias" towards arrogant know it all Atheists

It's up to the person claiming the positive (ie. Jesus lived) to prove it. Let's see how much you know.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

no...and that's part of my point

look...what I am saying is people will think just about anything. It could easily be said that Atheism is is here to break family values, tradition, society and blah blah

I don't believe that personally...but that's what I am getting at

Regardless, there are some awful, mouthy and arrogant atheists just as there are awful, mouth and arrogant religious folk

It always comes right back down to the "you do these things...not my side"

Anyway...good day now :-)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

star for you....I see it happen a lot...but I've been just as guilty before so -shrugs-

I suppose I am trying to work on me

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I wish it were that simple but I suspect its more sinister. It allows all sorts of rationalizations to creep in. Lets allow all forms of experimentation on humans after all they're only a mass of cells. Who cares if they are killed in war...it all good for the economy. Who cares about the "other" that lives across the border.

Believing we're created in the image of God and have dominion over nature and all other species hasn't worked out too well for us or them has it?

Sure that was simplistic thinking...but was it? It was good for empire expansion and the industrial revolution to concentrate wealth in the hands of the few. And now we have the WWF the UN and others legislating that large tracts of wilderness be off limits.
Do you really think these "pristine" Edens will be for the enjoyment of your grandchildren and not for the exclusive use of the 1%

Those things are happening now while there is a belief that humans are created in God's image. The facts argue against your position.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I made no claim that Jesus didn't exist. If you had read carefully, you would have noted that I said there is no contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) proving that Jesus did exist.

I'm not an atheist (note the proper use of a small "a").

Now who has demonstrated arrogant bias?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
7 "Whoever corrects a mocker invites insult; whoever rebukes a wicked man incurs abuse. 8 Do not rebuke a mocker or he will hate you; rebuke a wise man and he will love you. 9 Instruct a wise man and he will be wiser still; teach a righteous man and he will add to his learning. 10 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. 11 For through me your days will be many, and years will be added to your life. 12 If you are wise, your wisdom will reward you; if you are a mocker, you alone will suffer." 13 The woman Folly is loud; she is undisciplined and without knowledge. 14 She sits at the door of her house, on a seat at the highest point of the city, 15 calling out to those who pass by, who go straight on their way. 16 "Let all who are simple come in here!" she says to those who lack judgment. 17 "Stolen water is sweet; food eaten in secret is delicious!"
>

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Atheism feels like the newest Religion to make it's rounds, complete with the bigotry and intolerance that comes with it.

I'm convinced Atheist's will one day begin a grand crusade in an attempt to purge all believers... sadly ironic.
edit on 29-12-2014 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Atheism feels like the newest Religion to make it's rounds, complete with the bigotry and intolerance that comes with it.

I'm convinced Atheist's will one day begin a grand crusade in an attempt to purge all believers... sadly ironic.

Atheism is not a religion of any sort. Religion is the performance of ritual on behalf of or in obeyance to a supernatural deity or deities. Where is the ritual in atheism? Where is the supernatural deity in atheism?

Crusade is a religious term.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I don't believe in a classic, biblical God...if I believe in any. But what amazes me is how Atheists have some kind of "need" to yell their beliefs at others. I mean...if you don't believe in God, why do you feel a need to say it to others. Much the same as if you do believe in God, why would you say it to others? Isn't this a personal, inner thing?

Anyway...I posed a question to a friend that 100% doesn't believe in a God. It went like this...if you 100% knew, and could 100% prove to anyone...beyond any doubt, that there is no God, would you? I know, I know...many little questions there. Just go with it. You have 100% proof that would convince anyone (even the Pope) that God doesn't exist. Would you go around telling people? Would you go to a group of peaceful, religious people over in some other state and dash their beliefs? Personally...I would for sure tell it to those in the middle-east just to stop the violence and death. But what about those who simply believe and peacefully keep to themselves?

I was shocked when my friend said he would tell everyone. Why was I shocked? Because of his reasoning. He decided that it is more important to know the truth, than to be an idiot that believes in something that doesn't exist. While he is still my friend, I believe the truth is that he (and many Atheists) simply HATE the idea of people believing in a God...and maybe God himself if he exists...and want to take this away from others. I don't really understand that mentality. Why take away something from someone if it makes them happy, gives them purpose and (assuming) doesn't affect anyone else in a negative manner.

So i've coined a phrase..."Is your reality truly better than my fantasy?". Why can't people believe in something that is, or may be wrong? If it works for them...why must some of you try soooooo hard to end it? It seems selfish and petty to me. There are a lot of things I don't believe/subscribe to, but I don't go around screaming it at others. They are my beliefs (or dis-beliefs) and I keep them to myself...unless someone asks.

So...here is a question for vocal Atheists...why do you have a "need" to destroy the belief system of others? Why is that task so important to you? Why...does that offend you so much?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
I don't believe in a classic, biblical God...if I believe in any. But what amazes me is how Atheists have some kind of "need" to yell their beliefs at others. I mean...if you don't believe in God, why do you feel a need to say it to others. Much the same as if you do believe in God, why would you say it to others? Isn't this a personal, inner thing?

So...here is a question for vocal Atheists...why do you have a "need" to destroy the belief system of others? Why is that task so important to you? Why...does that offend you so much?

Uh..you just stated your position regarding belief in God one sentence before expressing your amazement that atheists (not the proper use of a small "a') do the same.

I suspect that atheists are sick of having proselytizers try to shove religion down their throats and threaten them when they won't swallow. Atheists are probably also sick of believers trying to turn their governments into theocracies. Personally, I think that's well worth worrying about and preventing. Why don't you ask believers why they don't just keep their beliefs to themselves?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

I understand where the atheist are coming from, we all have doubts,

“He who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind”

I'm getting sea sick.

Actually, you don't understand where atheists are coming from. Atheists don't have doubts. They have concluded that no God exists.

Not all, some still call themselves atheist, but spiritual atheist, right here on this forum, look for my topic

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

there are great wisdom teachings in the bible

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join