It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I, personally, welcome all the Jesus threads

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Please bring it on.

How utterly arrogant? To have some how convinced your
self only thru your own preferrences, by which you could
only have assumed to be correct, is the truth simply because
it is what you chose. Now that's some funny #### right there.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

So it was right? Don't know how people missed it to be honest...

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

well as long as jesus is giving you something to look forward to

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: centhwevir1979

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: centhwevir1979

As soon as people stop trying to get us to join their cults

I don't want you in my cult, lol

The reason christians keep spitting bible quotes at people is because they want to influence their behavior. The need to convert the poor heathen souls. Sending christian missionaries places actually spread diseases and eliminated indigenous culture, introduced the concepts of money and gambling in places where they were unnecessary. The goal clearly is to convert everyone to christianity.

Not to mention introducing the missionary position.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Didn't Christians make it illegal to do it any other way at one time?

Man those people are trippers!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

Jiggy. Briefly. I am laying awake with thoughts on ways to reply to your thoughtful reply. And not getting to sleep, which I need. Hopefully, asking this one question, before I have time to reply in earnest will help me get to sleep. When you read the OP, was it in the Phi/Meta forum where I had placed it, or had it already been moved to the Rant forum? Oh, one more question. If it was in the rant forum, do you think had you found it in the Phi/meta forum, you might have considered it differently?

I hope to get back to you after sleep and a days work. Gnight.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I AM God.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

and if you use the "missionary position" you're a traitor to your Darwinism.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I mean do you even see the hate spewing out of your messages? "I'm right and i'm gonna use disrespectful words like cult."

this is why I put atheists in the same place and creationists.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Dude, don't act so butthurt. This is a conspiracy themed internet forum!!! Many of us believe the largest, most pervasive conspiracy was the lying by romans about superpowers that certainly nobody had, using it to create a massive cult designed to control the behavior of its members. We contend that it still exists today, since people are still sending money to the Vatican. We don't want to live a life based on lies. We want to live a life based on our own experiences. I don't know how the universe was created but based on my own observations, there is no actual evidence to suggest a human like creator or the existence of "heaven" or "hell." I don't even like people lying to children about Santa Claus, imagine how offended I am by the lies about Jesus, et al.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Yeah guy, seeing all the easily brainwashed folks with absolutely no mental fortification or desire to give their own life meaning sort of bothers me. Everyone I have ever met deserved a better life than the one they got and many of the problems stemmed from bickering that started over religious differences. We all need food, shelter, clothing, clean water and really to be kind to each other no matter what.

But if you tell an intelligent person that you worship Spongebob Squarepants, undeniable ruler of the universe, they are going to look at you funny. If you worship Spongebob, just keep your silly opinion to yourself and practice at home in privacy, because Spongebob worship is not helping us achieve the goal of satisfying those basic humans needs of food, shelter, etc. It brings to mind for me an Atmosphere lyric "The truth can be pain and I hate to do it, but either face the music or get away from me stupid" Not personally an atheist, btw.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Why would the Romans ever want anything to do with the Christian religion? Aries the god of war or Jesus the ultimate pacifist?

many say that the Roman Empire greatly declined due to the impact of Christianity on the Empire.

The problem is that just like creationist, Atheists use the the same tactics of fabrication and narrow minded interpretations in order to sway other to thinking like them.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I agree but people tend to complain the most about people preaching to them or pushing their religion onto other people. You can't put people in a box and say all these people are the problem or act this way.

I just see hypocrisy and I REALLY hate hypocrisy

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

If only you could see inside my own mind. I was calm as a grazing cow when writing that

Not even butthurt in the slightest ((did you really use that term?))

Anyway, my point is, clearly the one "butthurt" is you

Yeah streets preachers and folks will shout and try to turn you...who cares? Move on. I'll ask the same of Atheists that I do of religious...is your foundation so shaky that some loud and blaring voice makes you question things?

And I wrote on BOTH sides of the proverbial fence. What I am saying is that Atheists have this idea that the only loud and annoying side of the fence is the Christians, and that is far from the truth when you see the ultra-rude and needlessly offensive BS they spout

Yes this is ATS...yes this is all about conspiracies. I have questioned the Christian story myself over and over again. I was a Wiccan and now...well don't have a name and don't need one...point is conspiracy is one thing and I think it's great to question any establishment considering the bloody past of not just Christianity but a lot of religions...most religions

But the same venom that Atheists complain of coming at them is sometimes arrogantly throw right back. You need to get used to reality my friend. There are extremists and loud, pathetic fools on both sides. Nobody here knows the answers 100% for sure.

So...conspiracy website...check

How about this? Atheists are systematically trying to tear down tradition and family structure ((not talking gay/straight here)) but the structure this country depended on and thrived on

Atheists are trying to get rid of anything resembling faith so they can push their national agenda of anarchy

Discuss

It goes both ways...it goes every way you can think.

But please, don't pretend only one side is guilty

But no...I am not "butthurt" in the slightest...I am just Kyo

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Didn't Christians make it illegal to do it any other way at one time?

Man those people are trippers!!!

Yeah, I think so. Repression leads to all sorts of obsessions and perversions.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I mean do you even see the hate spewing out of your messages? "I'm right and i'm gonna use disrespectful words like cult."

this is why I put atheists in the same place and creationists.

Using the definition cult experts use, a cult is a group that uses deception to recruit and threats and intimidation to retain membership. It is often structured in a pyramid shape with a charismatic, all-powerful leader at the top. Ideology is irrelevant. If the shoe fits....

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Why would the Romans ever want anything to do with the Christian religion? Aries the god of war or Jesus the ultimate pacifist?

many say that the Roman Empire greatly declined due to the impact of Christianity on the Empire.

The problem is that just like creationist, Atheists use the the same tactics of fabrication and narrow minded interpretations in order to sway other to thinking like them.

There's a hypothesis about that. There was increasing Jewish unrest regarding Roman rule and the Flavian ceasars created a pro-Roman government Jewish messiah to prevent a full-bore Jewish uprising.

Can you be more specific in your allegation that atheists (small "a", by the way) use the same tactics of fabrication and narrow minded interpretations in order to say others to thinking like them?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Could you cite some evidence, perhaps writings by prominent atheists, promoting anarchy?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Personal experience just like the majority of people that claim a white bearded man is a representation of god. I don't need a website to prove that this is indeed common. Just go on the religious boards of ATS, does that help being more specific? How about looking at past comments on this thread. Hell look at your comment. Jesus the covert Roman spy carpenter, promoting peaceful rebellion.

You see I can't stand both sides. All I read from you is a bias and blind disrespect for a group of people who think differently.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Also, i think you missed his point entirely

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join