It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charities to help Veterns, Shameful

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Shameful that Charities are needed to provide for the Veterans who served their country and are left without adequate help from their Government. These men should be in want for nothing, this Government should provide for all their needs no questions asked!
I feel heart broken watching TV commercials begging for donations, and this from a country that sends 100's of billion on Americans dollars overseas, I'm not against helping others but only AFTER our citizens have been care for.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yes the govt should be ashamed but to date its seems like civilian charities are more effective in treating those in need because they have little of the red tape the fed feeds on.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: YouNeedMe

The gubmint will help you until they're done with you. I can't believe they're still getting young people to enlist when all the evidence points to their promises being false.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yeah well the bloody charity business is also providing excellent business opportunities for those who work them too......
Christmas is the time of beggars anyways....
Though I think this worship of people who have had occaision to join the armed forces is a bit overblown.....
Most of the people I know in the military joined for reasons quite other than mere patriotism or a wish to serve their country.....
Therefore I find that the slavish boot licking attitude of those who stayed out rather repulsive at times....
Consider that war has been historically a means to maintain or extend control over people in MANY MORE WAYS AND LEVELS THAN WEVE BEEN LED TO BELIEVE...I CONSIDER THAT THOSE WHO ENTER THE MILITARY TODAY are either ignorant about this or they themselves do so for selfish reasons and not altruism.....nuff said....
Kick the cat if you want I really don't care......this is all so hypocritical no matter what you do or say.....

edit on 26-12-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: YouNeedMe

It's a volunteer army. Meaning you sign up, get paid, and get the benefits you signed up for. Also, the government's ill treatment of army vets is nothing new and the information on it is plentiful. In my opinion, if you sign up knowing that the government is a bovine excrement linguist and still choose to sign the contract, it's on you. In terms of the government not doing enough for the soldiers...the government isn't doing enough for much of anyone besides a given few. The only thing I can say to soldiers is get in line, because it's quite long and the groups are a many.

The Managed Healthcare Scam
Senior Citizen Treatment
Child Abuse
Widespread Sexual Abuse
Homelessness
Pharmaceutical Monopolies
Horrible Healthcare System
Over regulation
Male Prison Population
Education
War On Drugs

Er. Should I continue? Like I said, get in line. The whole country is #ed in various ways and from different angles by Mr. Sam and his cronies.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I believe that Henry Kissinger summed up the way those calling the shots feel about them with this quote--

“Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.”

It is disgusting the way they treat soldiers. I think it is also going to be a major part of why the revolution will be a success. The soldiers have more beef with the government/politicians than we can possibly imagine!
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmFriday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
uhm...I don't remember asking for charity -shrugs-

I don't care one iota who loves or hates me for my service...I did my job because I wanted to serve

Now I am out and receive a parcel of benefits...beyond that I am no more special than any person in this country

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero
The suicide rate of U.S troops is terrible not to mention that when alot of them come home they are losing that home.
And the money they would get for school who cares because now they are to shell shocked to concentrate .
I imagine the world today looked a lot like Rome did before the fall.

top topics

join