It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK police arrest man for offensive tweet and other disturbing trends

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Shades of "Minority Report". I remember seeing a news story when London first go cameras everywhere. A man was seen running on the street, dressed in overcoat etc. like a business man. The police found out who he was, and went to his home to demand to know why he was running. At the time it seemed the death of innocent until proven guilty and the beginning of guilty and good luck proving innocence. We are living in strange days.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

That's incredibly disturbing.

It reminded me of this for some reason.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheCrowMan

Correct......point is it's a means to ends.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

It's actually kind of funny... I laughed will I get arrested now? Shot?
Seriously wtf? Pretty messed up. What will happen to him and why? Arrested for lack of manners? Just because he was joking? It's very uncredible...

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Ah yes I believe you are correct!

As we begin to see more corruption being exposed they are naturally going to try and clamp down upon free speech. I mean look at that whole scandal breaking out in the UK (pedosadist elite). What used to be a fringe conspiracy is slowly unraveling and implicating many people of power! This is only the start, the snowball has begun rolling and there is no stopping it!

The truth is that those who thought they could guide chaos are in a very complicated situation. They have overstepped their bounds and every attempt to continue guiding the chaos they have created is only strengthening the resistance.

edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amFriday3 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Jokews in bad taste made privately to ones friends are part of british culture and have been made since well before I was born. This is yet another cameron hgelp the elite spy on everyone and get their way by silencing people and making them scared to post what they think.

Ok so what it if was bad taste, the person who made it would probably be just as keen as anyone else there to lay flowers. But that kind of humour merrily known as lavatorial humour is part of british culture. I hope people complain about this type of spying as I can guess literally every workman who tweets will now be up for arrest within the next year for s-called illegal tweets. OMG. It is very worrying - except I would wonder if the amount going through on a day's basis wouldn't clog up the pious tweet squad and courts - except if its fines, then the police will be bvery diligent as they get to benefit as well aas the law workers - solicitors, barristers and judges.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Then they wonder why jails are overcrowded ..

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Never heard or read the sickening tweet or what ever medium the moron used to verbalise his sickening idea of a .....nonjoke....
So as this cretin was arrested for such stupidity lack of empathy.
You are likely to have your door taken of the hinges an arrested at any momment,
Whats good for the goose ect.
You could have left it at ..posted an idiotic bad taste tweet ..

However you reposted it in all its offensive bileinfested hate.
So In the eyes of this insane law you are also guilty of the same offence,

Posting writing by means of the internet a sick statement,
Makes no difference its not your original thought.
The person whom tweeted it propably heard some sick duck say it .And desided to plaugurise it an tweet it.

Not that theres any defence for such callousness .But you have also reposted those sick vile words on a form of social media A T S....

And as I take it you find the law somewhat draconian and I agree.
Free speech does not come without payment.
Universe always Pays its bills though never in money.

But In I O U s wich to my knowlage it never fails to cash in.

PS I know you mean well but I can never scrub my brain of those hideous words nor the thought prosess of the creature whom actually thought it amuseing.
I pity them though as I DOUBT they have any credit when the tally man comes to collect.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ecossiepossie

I am sorry to read you can't scrub your brain of that tweet, but now I am having the worries of someone trying to scrub their brain - and that's even worse than the tweet., in fact its tasteless and quite screameshley disgusting Ooh!

Honestly people read a joke as a joke - regardless of the taste of the comment and trying to brow it into the barage balloon is a bit uncalled for surely?

Also I would remind you that my grandfather and father fought in two world wars for us to have the right of freedom of speech, in fact like 'An Englishman's home is his castle' freedom of speech is close to the heart of british people and its no government's right to take it away to appease the woo woos and of course the elite as its really designed to stop criticism of their behavioour, the woo woos being merely a platform to launch this bit of comunication control from.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
ps not having a go Merry Christmas

As a Scotsman this tragic event hurt close to home
In my convoluted manner was agreeing a the ludicrousness of his law
If its an offence to tweet it or put it on facebook .
Why are not every reporter /journalst ect in prson.

They print or agree to print offensive sick vile stuff they consider news every day be it true or lie or usealy a conoction of both....
pps no ones going to take your door of the hinges.

please don't inform the inerweb police on me

All he best ..

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

I don't like people like you. Judge, I don't care, the universe will get to you and you will be judged. It is a joke. People use humour to cope with life, love and other catastrophies. I pitty those without a sense of humour, because they're always at war with their own nature. Feel enlightened and superiour all you want, I see through you.
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopFridayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: bad taste pfuh

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7
As my above post I agree with all you say.
Just not explaining my self very well.

So we can just agree to agree.
Freedom of speech is a good thing.

An this law Is ludicrous......

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I think perhaps you didn't understand the post. I had to read it twice, but am not disgusted. I'm going to try to translate in a second.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
breaking news...man farts in public and is arrested for being a public nuisance ......

so the police must be really bored if they are arresting people for an opinion......what a retarded world ...

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I was not judgeing

And I like you even although I probably don't know you ,
Am sorry you think you know me and dislike what you think you know.
I was agreeing with the OP POINT OF VEIUE
And until I read it did not realise how it could be misconstruesd as a critisisim

So I appoligised an clarified SORRY Im not good at writtng tounge in cheek

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Sorry. We should get a "sarcasm" sign, without facial expression and sound it's hard to tell. Appologies

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

So I’m going to translate. My friend, if I get it wrong point it out.

-----

I hadn’t heard about this disgusting tweet yet. I’ve also never heard of Twitter that this disgusting man used to broadcast his awful opinion on.

Just as this cretin was arrested for his stupidity and lack of empathy, you may be too. You might be in trouble for even repeating what he said, perhaps you should have omitted his actual statement and instead just have said he said something offensive.

You ended up posting what this person said with all it’s offensive and bile filed hate. This insane law might just get you arrested too, since you’ve posted the same thing and someone might take offense, even to your quote.

This idiot probably didn’t even come up with this joke. He probably heard someone else say it, but that doesn’t matter. He still posted it to the internet.

There’s really no defending such ugly words, but you just repeated them on a social media site, that site being ATS.

It seems you think the law Draconian. I agree. Free speech is OK, but it may bite you in the ass, that’s Karma. The universe will pay you back, it keeps a tally and if you’re a jackass it will find a way to let you know, even if it’s down the road because the Universe remembers.

OP, I know you meant well, but I’m not going to be able to get the words that jerk said out of my head.

I pity them, but I don’t think when Karma strikes the poster will see pity.
edit on 2620141220141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Ah, that's lovely, it made me laugh and I learned something.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The age old mantra....

The USA isn't the world. Its in the world.

Different people in different countries do things in different ways.

One day, you guys over there in the 'States might realise that.

But then again, I've been on here since '06 and you haven't figured it out yet.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
breaking news...man farts in public and is arrested for being a public nuisance ......

so the police must be really bored if they are arresting people for an opinion......what a retarded world ...

well i'll be f#ed ....i stand corrected.........i really was trying to think outside the box

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join