It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a bad person because...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

This is bat country....

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I like to ask questions, I feel it gets better answers than a statement but as you ask.

I do things wrong and I think about stuff too much, this leads to issues.

What I tend to do do wrong are both stuff and things.

a reply to: horseplay

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Meh .. am human .. thumb my nose at authority .. smoke cigars .. drink .. cure virgins .. swear in half dozen languages and one day will overthrow the king of hell ..

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I am a bad person because I did the exact same thing that 7 billion religious people do everyday. And I don't like religion.

I put my faith in something, a concept, because I thought something good might have come of it. But just like God, that concept won't be proven right or wrong until after I die.

Oh well, at least I'm not as bad as the other 7 billion people in that I never allowed my faith to influence my decisions, alter my life or judge people because they didn't believe what I did.Now THAT would have been bad.

Anyway, happy birthday Jesus. Your messages have always inspired me.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

aha. don't fret it's a basic human thing I think. the thinking thing that is.
my sister and I both have that issue. We call it dwelling.
Makes it difficult to sleep, the typical 'what if's...' it sucks. sticks with you for a while.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I am a bad person because...I cant think of a reason why any of my faults make me a bad person.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I have soooo many things that I could be considered a bad person for. I can use my words to hurt. I can use my words to elicit feelings that make someone feel butterflies. And I do both. I break promises, and I regret breaking those promises. I promised I would be better. I let people down, I fall hard and prefer to stay down than get back up. I drink to cover up the pain, and then I bleed to cover up the drink.

but.. I can focus on these things and wallow in the bad person that I am.

Or I can believe that the thoughts do not define me. Are not me. They are stories my brain has concocted to justify the emotions I feel. And like the thoughts, these feelings are not me. My consciousness is now, here. right this moment, not before, or yet to be. But all I can be is right now.

So... in moving forward, I need to stay right now.

I've pissed a lot of people off this past year. but I am not that person, today.. this hour.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

This is bat country....

Marry me!

I kid of course but, damn it! You are one funny dude!

Not one person has ever commented on that....ever! It's a cult classic movie too!.

And, that's one of the funniest scenes in the movie.

Please note that I said "one of the funniest" scenes. That movie is great, even though the ending is "meh".

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I trolled live leak, a dad posted a video of his sons room and I advised him to swing from a tow rope, I thought it was funny at the time, why the hell post a video on live Leak?

Now I find it dark.

Oh and when I was younger I needed a piss at a mates house but the bathroom was next to his parents room and I didn't want to walk in if his mum was having a dump so I pissed in a pint glass and distributed it into indoor plants, the fish tank and under the carpet between the floorboards.

I also threw a mouse at my mate and it missed him and hit a wall and a little bit of its brains were hanging out so I burned it with petrol.

I # in a plastic bag and left it in the changing rooms of a soccer team that didn't pick me.

However, I have returned a wallet I found on the train without taking a reward.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple

I am a bad person because I did the exact same thing that 7 billion religious people do everyday. And I don't like religion.

I put my faith in something, a concept, because I thought something good might have come of it. But just like God, that concept won't be proven right or wrong until after I die.

Oh well, at least I'm not as bad as the other 7 billion people in that I never allowed my faith to influence my decisions, alter my life or judge people because they didn't believe what I did.Now THAT would have been bad.

Anyway, happy birthday Jesus. Your messages have always inspired me.

Just breath and relax.

Breathe and relax.....Deep Breath.

Relax.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
They condition us at Christmas to believe in a fictional being so we will not get pissed off when we find out we are being lied to and assume the lie will bring us presents. The economy is a big deception and believing in it usually brings us rewards. If everyone quit believing in Uncle Sam, then everything crumbles for many years. Maybe it should be Uncle Samta.

It's 12:30 and it's been a long day, I don't even know if this makes sense.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I literally burst out laughing when Beth's cute smile and enchanting eyes came out of the back of her head in the season finale of the Walking Dead. A show I've utterly hated since season one. I watched it all the way through to season five just so I would have more things to complain about. I almost made a rant titled 'The Walking Load of Crap'.

In MMO's I'm the guy who spins a web of deceit to get closer to your valuable items and then when you're not paying attention I load them all into my inventory and get the hell out of dodge. If I find you grinding away to earn resources I'll gladly sacrifice my own life to take yours too. Then bathe in the glory of your tears and frustration.

My favorite character in Dune, is Baron Vladimirr Harkonnen.

My favorite Norse god is Loki.

I root for the villains, the misunderstood.

I am the one hiding under your bed. Teeth grown sharp and eyes glowing red. I am the one hiding under your stairs. Fingers like snakes and spiders in my hair. I am the clown with the tear-away face. Here in a flash and gone without a trace. I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?" I am the wind blowing through your hair. I am the shadow on the moon at night. Filling your dreams to the brim with fright.
edit on 12-25-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I secretly watched the Keeping Up With the Kardashians Xmas special, even though I told my husband the entire clan are insipid ho, ho, ho's!

It makes me even a worse individual that I watched it while I pretended to be watching an inspirational religious movie - Ben Hur - and kept changing channels when my husband walked in the room, AND I made comments to said husband about what a wonderful, inspiration movie Ben Hur is...I will surely burn.

Can't help myself. Loves me some trash reality tv.

I hope to do better in the New Year - yeah right!

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I actually thought about making this thread yesterday... Since I didn't, I suppose I will participate in yours.

I'm a bad person because I'm not going to be pissed off alone. I'm just not. The husband, kids, other family, friends, etc. are not going to shaft me, leave me pissed and go off to have a nice day. Nope. Not going to happen. If you dish it out you will shortly find that I will not sit in pissed off misery alone. The "giver" will join in momentarily at ludicrous costs at times. Childish personified? You betcha.... Sad? Absolutely. That's why it's a fault.

I have a damned hard time letting a fight go. Sometimes I can't shut up. Even if I know a fight would end and the rest of the night could be peaceful if I would just forego saying something that I'm feeling about the situation.... I can't let it go. I have to say it. I feel ripped off if you get to speak your mind and I don't get the same treatment simply because "you're done" now. I may not be done.

I nitpick on occasion. I sometimes know when I am doing it and am almost helpless to stop it.

I will go out of my way not to appear weak. I would hobble on bloody stubs before I would cry out for help if it were at all possible. I will go out of my way to not appear to be weak or cowed by my husband. I can not stand the thought that someone might think he rules the roost and I only exist through his benevolence. I will work harder, lift more, do more, than another person just to make sure others don't think I am too small, too weak to hold my own.

I hold grudges. Forever. If I feel I have been slighted... I'm done. Period. It's rare that I will let something go and move on when it comes to someone doing me, my family, or friends wrong. I'm ride or die, and if I find out someone else isn't the same... I'm just done. I don't spare a thought for you or your well being anymore after that. Ever.

On the positive side of those faults is that I'm straight up loyal. Loyal even to a fault if the same consideration is afforded to me. I can forgive a few in my life damn near anything because they are more important to me than.... Well... Me. I will not sell anyone out that has counted on that loyalty. Not for any price. I'm a damned hard worker and I'll be the first in line to do any job you need done or help you with anything you need help with. I don't mind sweating or getting my hands dirty. If you call and need my help at any time day or night... I'm there. I hate to see people hurting. I hate to see children hurting. I hate injustice.

There's more like there is for all of us. We all have faults and we all have pluses. Things that make us ugly if we let them grow, or takeover, and things that make us lovable, humble, etc. It's human nature. I think when we can see these faults and pluses in ourselves and are aware of their existence, that is a step in the right direction. At least we can somewhat mitigate how they make us act, think or feel if we try to. Not being aware of one's faults is far more dangerous IMO.

edit on 12/26/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Does it make me bad for laughing at Heff's post?????

Jane

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

originally posted by: Hefficide

This is bat country....

And, that's one of the funniest scenes in the movie.

Please note that I said "one of the funniest" scenes. That movie is great, even though the ending is "meh".

Yeah, its a legendary movie. But I hope you've read the book, because it is just epic and actually way better than the movie. As brilliant as the movie is.

But anyway.............. I'm a bad person, because I'm convinced I'm superior to 97% of people on this earth and just get so aggravated that I'm the only single person who seems to realize it!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Even though I consider myself to be a thoroughly "awake" ex sheeple, and lucidly awakened to the fact of brains with no remorse and sympathy, and personality disorders such as narcissism, I just love the reality TV series's such as Cheaters and Millionaire Matchmaker. MatchmakerNot too long back, I was watching Patti in her office in a blowup with a 'millionaire' guy who had the emotional level of a 9 year old brat. He threw a pillow at her and she threw it back at him, screaming at him to leave. About a couple years or more ago, one night on Cheaters, this distraught (wife or girlfriend) knocked her lying tomcat off of the riverfront. He emerges back up on dry land, and gets chased back and forth by a crew sound man. While this woman is interviewing with Joey in the foreground, the soundman is chasing the guy back and forth in the background, with that long extension thing with the big long fuzzy microphone on it. I laughed so hard and laughed for days there after. It's not New Agey of me, it's not sympathetic, empathetic, nor spiritual. Guest I'm just a big flaming hypocrite. I think I'll go search out some Three Stooges videos, to make me feel better.
edit on 26-12-2014 by misschareesee2 because: .

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I happened to catch Santa Claus on the CB on Christmas Eve. I heard him give his trademark, "Ho, Ho, Ho - Merry Christmas" on channel 19. I rushed over to the radio, eager to get my chance to talk to him before he made his midnight trip around the world to deliver all the presents.

I frantically keyed down the mic and pleaded, "Santa! Please take me off the naughty list!"
Santa told me that he couldn't take me off and said, "You've been on it a long time".
I said that I would try to change my ways, but that I was only human.

He never answered back, and there was nothing under the tree for me this year.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
A professor who was very influential to my academic and personal life, who had taken great interest in my education (same for most of his students), one time asked me to watch a bunch of papers for him. It was outside the classroom, in the hallway getting very crowded and he had to step away before he started. I agreed to, but, since if you didn't show up you lost your seat to someone else and I had a prime seat, I went in after a few minutes to claim it.

His papers weren't stolen, he came in on time, carrying them with a very blank, still look on his face. Slightly wide eyes staring right at me. For the first half of the class he was a bit reserved, then went on to his classic style.

Was it selfish/wrong/deceitful/immature of me? Absolutely and I regret it.

This is random... For the brief time I played Star Trek Online, I played as a Klingon. A ruthless bunch we were

My fights were quick, hard and I took pride in totally destroying Federation vessels. Or charging other player's ships then stopping right in front of them, as if to stare them down.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join