It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Both Xbox Live and PlayStation Network downed by (supposed) DDOS attacks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
You know what's really upsetting about this is it is just another faze like what America is going through with corrupt and meaningless people in the government.

People complain...even when they realize there is no one to fix it... why because there all a part of it.

These are just MORE test's to see how the people will react to more control and division.

If you really stop and think about todays world you may come to realize what we really are as a species. With all the technology we are like mental defects on steroid's with absolutely no concern for the repercussion's of our actions.

IMO

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Their days are numbered now. The NSA / government gets their money and some people will be headed to jail.

If they don't piss off the correct people then those being damaged have to buy the help. The standard game moved to cyberspace.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Maybe little Timmy should go outside to play instead.

Peace

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I might be over thinking it but isn't it weird how PlayStation and Xbox went down after they released the movie "The Interview" on Xbox, YouTube, Google Play, etc.?

Anyway it sucks for all the children who cannot play with their Christmas presents. Maybe PlayStation or Xbox will give everyone another small reward like a free PlayStation Plus trial or some money in the online stores again.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ODarkThirty

I just wondered the same thing, related to The Interview, in another thread.

Are they also attacking Google (which, obviously, owns Google Play but not so obviously also owns Youtube) and they are able to better fend off the attacks? They seemed to be hitting Sony Entertainment (also streaming the movie to rent or to buy).

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

I remember the days my video game systems worked with out the internet....

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

Think about it. In 10 or 15 years they will probably plug their brains directly into the web Matrix style! Or the same effect, with a possible different spin on it. And then think of all the artistic talent that the games will lose as they are already losing with the "online requirements".

In the future, the game system that did not require internet connections, DLC, and other means of ripping off and nickel and diming the customer AFTER the purchase will be worth a lot. Just think of how hard the developers used to work to make a complete story BEFORE the game was released. Another thing they might do is make episodic games where you have to buy 60 episodes to complete the game at $5.99 apiece! Oh and by the way, those episodes each last 2 hours!

The future of a lot of things is grim, but the market is once again over flooded with video game material. Kind of like the days when they were flooding the market with crap in the past. That was right before the first Nintendo came out...

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I am just wondering if this is a capacity problem and its being blamed on this "Lizard Group" as a scapegoat.
Think about it for a second lots of users get a new console and get online straight away at the same time the server can't handle all the demand for the connections and shuts down the gateway.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xDeadcowx

Fair play man. Don't give up your job though.

Hope today/tomorrow is a better day for you.

Haters gonna hate. potatoes gonna potate.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: deadeyedick

But don't ask why Xbox is also under attack because then you wake up in a metallic ship, hairless and covered in holes with Lawrence Fishburn asking you how you feel.

THIS is what I dont understand. Dafuq does Xbone have to do with Sony.

If anything you would think they would have left their direct and only competitor in the gaming industry alone so as to garner more support for their substandard system. Instead they decide to attack them too?

Thats like some poor kid standing at the scene of a robbery getting shot by the cops because the actual thief had the same hair cut. The hell does one thing have to do with another.

This is so bizzare

And have you seen this Kim dotcom intervention Dafuq is going on there?????

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Last I checked PSPlus costs $50/year (not sure what Live Gold costs). That comes out to ~$0.14/day. Do you want that credited to your account?
Sure, why not? Or instead of offering a 0.14 credit, just have the rep say "since your service is out today, we will extend the expiration date one day". They could be generous and extend it two days for every day of outage and still it would cost them practically nothing. It might deflect some of the anger of the customers. But of course the customer service rep can't offer this unless authorized to do so by management. However I don't know why management wouldn't allow this.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Surely they can still play the games though, they just can't play the online components?

My PS3 worked perfectly well yesterday. Just couldn't play stuff online against other people.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

However I don't know why management wouldn't allow this.

HaHa. In today's world management is working to get their salary raised. Customers don't amount to much. There are plenty, just like workers willing to work for low pay to have a job. They don't need to give free days because people can't do anything about the situation and want to be there.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Maybe little Timmy should go outside...

To everyone who agrees, come on over to my back yard. You can hang out there all day in the mud from the recent rain in the 40 degree 20 mph wind all day for Christmas while I hold the gifts YOU got hostage for a few days. I will even provide you a stick and some suggestions for where you can put it...

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Surely they can still play the games though, they just can't play the online components?

My PS3 worked perfectly well yesterday. Just couldn't play stuff online against other people.

So you finally figured out what the discussion is about. Cool.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

A friggin MEN Heff. This follows through with your other thread

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Ummm...KIDZ...I was waiting all day to play me some "Destiny"...and...BAMM...after getting booted for the umteenth time with server not found...I went online to "Bungie" and saw the issue was on their end...Then I did some further research and found out about lizard squad DDOSing XBOX LIVE and Playstation Network....

Talk about a bummer...I then figured WTH...grabbed me another plate of ham with mashed and gravy along with another side of broccoli with cheese...sat down and watched some "Marco Polo" on NetFlix...

Prior to that...I had possibly the best Christmas...ever...
My mom came over with this crumble top apple pie that was heaven dancing on my taste buds...I also got to spend some real quality time with my Bro...

Looking back on it now I realize how silly it was to get all antsy because of a video game...when the real taste of the season was in great food shared with family...More importantly...the honest feelings that such sharing brought to the table...
These are the things that I cherish most in my heart...I hope you all had as wondrous a time...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Rumor has it, that these LizzardSquad dudes bring down servers to "gift" things to people.
I have heard of people not getting charged for their XBox Live, getting free things from the XBox Live Marketplace, free expansion passes, in game purchases for free and so on...
It's still a big pain, because people pay for the service, but maybe some of us will get some free stuff out of it.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

What people should be doing instead of whining about poor little Timmy being slowed to a crawl becoming a gaming zombie is what people have done with the high price of gas, find a way to shove it back in the hackers face by doing something else.

People bought gas efficient cars and quit driving, although THEY won't tell you that so now PS4 and X-Box people ought to put them on the shelves or at the very least don't buy into the PS+ and what ever X-Box has that cost money or don't buy from them at all.

Point being this is all a sham, we are being played for fools just like 4 and 5 dollar gas.

We have the power, we are just to weak and controlled to use it.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Put them in prison for quite sometime and make sure they share a cell with a guy name Bubba who is serving life. Just a thought. I do like the break their knee thing though.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join