It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange County Threatens Big Fines For Excessive Christmas Decorations...GRINCH!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
50 yrs on this planet and not once have I heard of Christmas Decorations being a Danger to the public.

Orange County = Grinch.

Twenty-one residents in Baudin Circle in Ladera Ranch say they received letters from the Orange County Public Works department, stating that their lights are safety hazards. Some homeowners at Baudin circle have taken pride in putting together an impressive Christmas lights show for ten years. “We had to take down any cords that ran across our sidewalk, as well as any of the roads,” resident Jeff Stover said.

The fines are said to be in the amount of $500 per day if the lights are not taken down by 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday.

losangeles.cbslocal.com...
www.activistpost.com...

What is it in essence?

Yup...Another Money Grab

We just ask that they take the proper step, and that would be obtaining a permit, because safety is the top priority.”

A permit to Decorate your own house for others to enjoy?

No one has been hurt, no one has complained...but now they must pay for permission to be festive, bringing joy to others..

California...You are a Grinch!

WoW! Seems like a lot of people at risk here.

Please STOP the MADNESS! People are at risk of enjoyment!

Peace

edit on 25-12-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Nothing new. Government loves to dictate.

This guy was ordered to take down his Zombie Nativity scene.

DEER PARK, Ohio — An Ohio man created a very unusual nativity scene this Christmas, but now he faces legal action if he doesn’t take it down.

Jason Dixon is the manager of the “13 Rooms of Doom” haunted house and had all kinds of props laying around. He wanted a nativity scene so he worked with what he had.

“The neighbors don’t like it. My father hates it and anything bad that happens he blames it on that. On the average we probably get 30 or 40 cars stop and taking pictures, getting out with their camera. People that follow zombie movies and stuff like that love it,” Dixon told FOX19.

Sycamore Township has ordered Dixon to take it down because they do not allow structures located in front or side yards to occupy more than 35 percent of the area.

Dixion said this is his second violation since the exhibit was set up.

Dixon has until Dec. 26 to take the exhibit down or legal action will be taken.myfox8.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The gov just want money and to dictate everything, same old story imo. But I love it, think it's really nifty. Personally I don't see a problem with a zombie baby Jesus.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
What's the permit for? It surely can't be for just seasonally decorating your own home. I can understand cables across the road and on the sidewalk though...I'm thinking the Griswalds of course!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

It has originality thats for sure. Thriftiness as well reusing the halloween stuff. The code violation is for using up more than 35% of his yard. I think he should test that premise next year and put it up within the regs. I wonder if any of the nativity scenes got dinged with that same code. If it was me I would do an alien one. That could be cool with lots of artistic freedom.
edit on 25-12-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

IMO...

my property...

MY Property...

MY PROPERTY!

Peace

edit on 25-12-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

When I read this yesterday it screamed red tape regulations to me. I can't see the problem. But, those regulations seem like they're to make profit, even if they were created out of good faith in the beginning.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I agree with them...

Sincerely...
The Ghost of Ebenezer Scrooge...

Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
What's the permit for? It surely can't be for just seasonally decorating your own home. I can understand cables across the road and on the sidewalk though...I'm thinking the Griswalds of course!

City councils will flog and sell off anything if it rakes in some moolah. My home city used to issue car parking permits for apartment residents just to park in the street outside their own homes. Of course they sold more permits than there were parking spaces, and double yellow lined everywhere else. The same council also issued permits or "franchises" for sandwich vendors to go door to door and sell cookies, biscuits, sandwiches and other meals.

In Detroit, if anyone dared to renovate a home, they would be stalked by the police for the smallest infraction. If they can afford to renovate a home, they can afford to pay traffic fines.

Since these people can afford expensive decorations, they can afford to pay city planning permission violation fines.

I can hear the cash till bells ringing already.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
“We had to take down any cords that ran across our sidewalk, as well as any of the roads,” resident Jeff Stover said.

IMO... my property... MY Property... MY PROPERTY!

I don't know about your town, but in my town when you buy a house you do not own the sidewalk or the road in front of it. (Actually, as a private citizen, you can't technically own land anyway. That's an entirely different discussion, however.)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11
I wish these people with their Grand Tacky Light Displays would spend their money giving to the needy/less fortunate via Charities instead of Grandstanding.

I do.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
I wish these people with their Grand Tacky Light Displays would spend their money giving to the needy/less fortunate via Charities instead of Grandstanding.

I do.

However much I agree with you...and I DO.

This is not the issue.

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: smurfy

City councils will flog and sell off anything if it rakes in some moolah. My home city used to issue car parking permits for apartment residents just to park in the street outside their own homes. Of course they sold more permits than there were parking spaces, and double yellow lined everywhere else. The same council also issued permits or "franchises" for sandwich vendors to go door to door and sell cookies, biscuits, sandwiches and other meals.

In Detroit, if anyone dared to renovate a home, they would be stalked by the police for the smallest infraction. If they can afford to renovate a home, they can afford to pay traffic fines.

Since these people can afford expensive decorations, they can afford to pay city planning permission violation fines.

I can hear the cash till bells ringing already.

Yes I understand all of that, they try all sorts of stuff here too, so I do have sympathy with those residents, but cables along the road, and junctions on the sidewalk is a bit nutty and just playing into their hands.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: ugmold

I do.

However much I agree with you...and I DO.

This is not the issue.

Merry Christmas!

Agreed. Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It fascinates me there are so many people vested in what everyone else does with their life, and their belongings. If it isn't federal government, it's state government. If it isn't state government, it's local government. If it isn't government, it's some damn organization, or religious nut. If it isn't any of the above, it's your neighbor, or some idiot that thinks you need to listen to him/her. Reminds me of this old song...

edit on 12/25/2014 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I agree with them...

Sincerely...
The Ghost of Ebenezer Scrooge...

Merry Christmas.

Here is the thing however. Who cares who agrees or not. The real fundamental law, as opposed to unlawful legislation like much of what's on the books, and that doesn't exist, for unlawful legislation that violates human rights is null and void at conception ie it is not there, void, gone, doesnt exist, so its stupidity that obeys or allows illegal felons to enforce, the real law is common law, and its basically litany of not directly harming others and others respecting your infinite freedoms and rights and mind, and staying out of your business.

When you're agreement or disagreement with something that isn't your right as its someone's else's property and life, actually limits or controls them, that is a massive crime against all souls and anyone who would bow down, grovel to or enslave themselves to your opinion is allowing their children to be slaves to another.

It is actually that black and white for grey is a huge slope downwards to slavery and being dominated by another.
edit on 26-12-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I don't think this is nonsense at all. The issues were the lights going over the street and having extension chords running over the sidewalk and in the streets.

Some kid skipping along trips and smashes their snot crusted nose and the city gets sued for not doing anything about it. Light strand falls down, someone swerves to avoid it and crashes into someone out for a jog. City gets sued, costing taxpayers $.

I didn't see anything about the homeowners having to take the lights on their houses down. That would bother me. This just seems like common sense and I'm surprised the homeowners were dumb enough not to realize it would be an issue.

top topics

join