It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signing Into Xbox One Profile When Live Is Down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
So I get onto my xbox today, and can't sign into xbox live. A google search reveals that apparently some hacker group decided to mess with the servers today. Assholes. Anyways, the game I've been playing recently is offline, so it's not a huge deal. Except that I can't sign into my profile, because when I try to sign into my profile it automatically tries to get on xbox live as well, and when it can't it just doesn't sign me into my profile. So now I can't play my game. wtf. Anyone know how to sign into your profile without xbox live?

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Some # birds that go by Lizard Squad shut down all x-box AND playstation servers. I have a feeling there's a lot of pissed off kids out there that just got a One or PS4
Here's a quick story about it
On twitter they're claiming they're going to keep them down until at least New Years... Let's hope that's not the case. Some of us lives hundreds (me) or thousands (my girlfriend) of miles from our family's and don't really have anything to do today, already took the dog for a 2 hour walk.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

Have you tried disconnection the ethernet or wifi? Maybe cutting its networking connection will force the box to log-in to the local profile?

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta

Have you tried disconnection the ethernet or wifi? Maybe cutting its networking connection will force the box to log-in to the local profile?

Well that worked...except just now I plugged the modem back in, which caused it to log me out of my profile...wtf...there has to be another way...did xbox seriously make it so that if the servers ever go down you can't even play offline? Cuz I don't live by myself, so I can't really just have the internet and phone off for hours...lol

edit on 25-12-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

That sucks!

My xb1 seems to be working ok,
but I'm not playing it, the wife is...lol

Sucky timing. Just wait it out.

Once you get everything figured out, you can play offline.
Sounds like a weird log in issue.
I had problems when I first got my system but figured it out.
It is the installing and updating that I hate..lol
edit on 25-12-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

There is a way, remove your wifi password from the xbox and it wont connect at all.

Happy Gaming

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
aha! Apparently there is a 'go offline' setting in the settings! Take that microsoft...and hackers...trying to hold me down...not on my watch...

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney
aha! Apparently there is a 'go offline' setting in the settings! Take that microsoft...and hackers...trying to hold me down...not on my watch...

Good deal. Its been many moons since i was on a console. I wasn't sure if there was an option like that.
Glad you got it sorted.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta

originally posted by: TheJourney

Good deal. Its been many moons since i was on a console. I wasn't sure if there was an option like that.
Glad you got it sorted.

Thanks for the help kind sir!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Very Welcome.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I was just on Xbox Live playing GTA Online for about thirty minutes too. I signed off about forty-five minutes ago.

Looks like it's down. Here are some links.

PSN and Xbox Live Taken Down for Christmas (GameSpot Article)

Down Detector Xbox Live
Microsoft Xbox Live Service Status

Down Detector PlayStation Network
Sony PlayStation Network Status

Glad we watched The Interview last night. But I'm pissed, since I use YouTube on the Xbox to entertain the little guy when I'm doing stuff around the house.

EDIT TO ADD:

The Lizard Squad Facebook page appears to be disabled. The twitter.com...]Twitter seems to still be active.
edit on 12/25/2014 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional text.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
I was just on Xbox Live playing GTA Online for about thirty minutes too. I signed off about forty-five minutes ago.

Looks like it's down. Here are some links.

PSN and Xbox Live Taken Down for Christmas (GameSpot Article)

Down Detector Xbox Live
Microsoft Xbox Live Service Status

Down Detector PlayStation Network
Sony PlayStation Network Status

Glad we watched The Interview last night. But I'm pissed, since I use YouTube on the Xbox to entertain the little guy when I'm doing stuff around the house.

Yes, it is definitely frustrating. But I gotta ask. Your star count doesn't seem to make sense. According to it, you have gotten over 600 stars per post? Wut?

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

No comment.

No idea why/when/how it happened. Could be one post with a whole boatload of stars (That disappeared thread about the JFK/Roswell connection ring any bells?). Heck, I was on ATS infrequently when they implemented the whole stars and flags thing. I'm an old timer here (going on eleven years). So it could be related to that. Could be my stint as a FSME/mod way-back-when. Could be because of my paid position on the site as a government operative.

But, no comment.
edit on 12/25/2014 by cmdrkeenkid because: Forgot I was an FSME too at one point here!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

When ATS changed over to the new site a glitch caused that to happen to a lot of ATS accounts.

What was a reliable system to show who held popular opinion and contributed with generally good, or supported, responses now has become just another useless bit of info to be disregarded.

Some people say ATS has gone downhill, their failure to rectify this ongoing issue is a very defining case-in-point.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

I liked my answer more...

Regardless, it seems to be back up and running. Just watched some Netflix for a little bit.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: LightAssassin

I liked my answer more...

Regardless, it seems to be back up and running. Just watched some Netflix for a little bit.

I imagine...thinking you got millions of stars on a few of your posts is much more satisfying...haha...I'd stick with that...like those posts were AMAZING!

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
They are just getting you ready for a false flag attack. They know you'll get mad as hell and it'll be easier to recruit you into the military. Do you think it's a coincidence that the best selling game ever is call of duty? Get em while they're young!

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
My hubby was playing Halo on the XBOX One pretty much all afternoon yesterday. We get kicked off the internet a lot more lately, but of course our ISP sucks, they are booting us daily even if only for a minute or two, its definitely disruptive. I don't really care for Halo I am a C.O.D. kinda gal.

new topics

top topics

join