It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine More than 75% disapprove govs austerity measures,lowering standard of living: Readers poll

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

The unemployment rate doesn't measure prosperity, GDP per capita does. Of course you already know this, but let me put some numbers to these countries.

Again as i told you your comical to suggest and even to make a comment by stating unemployment rate doesn't measure prosperity, but in truth it actually does.

If the unemployment rate is lower the better it will be the outcome for the millions because unemployment rates measure jobs. If the unemployment rate is increasing it will also make a rise on the poverty level.

Another point Italy has its GDP per capit around 34,619.24 does that make them prosperity? considering what they are experiencing through right now and were in the late 90s when they entered the EU?

Notice where Russia is on the list, BTW, and going down now.

Having an Higher GDP per capit does not mean that your country have prosperity.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

There is no doubt that Ukraine is completely and utterly ruined. Their loans to stay afloat are completely worthless and the international community is going to take a massive haircut on them. They are going to be cut off from their main purchaser. I would be surprised if there wasn't more upheaval before they get organized and begin recovering.

Greece is going to look like an organized default compared to Ukraine. I feel deeply for the people of Ukraine. They will never forgive Russia for what they have done.
edit on 26-12-2014 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
Again as i told you your comical to suggest and even to make a comment by stating unemployment rate doesn't measure prosperity, but in truth it actually does.

Per Capita GDP includes the unemployed in it's calculation.

Unemployment is a better measure of where the economy is going in the future.

Too bad you missed that class, but it's never too late to learn. You have to read more and talk less to learn however, something I fear you're going to have trouble with.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: gmacev

The fact that its 9.9 and was around 9.7 shows that its increasing in Lithuania no doubt that actual real figures are much higher.

But since your from Lithuania your more then welcomed like Croatia to enjoy the failing union to. The only reason EU/America wants Lithuania its because your closer to Russia.

So they could invade Russia the same Germans did in WW2.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Too bad you missed that class, but it's never too late to learn. You have to read more and talk less to learn however, something I fear you're going to have trouble with.

Your nothing but an Desperate Pro Euporean Union whom knows about me. The fact how you are Desperately defending the EU's polices and attacking me by claiming that i dont know anything in these matters even though i have being following the EU crisis and the Euporean Union for well then you have.

Too bad you missed that class, but it's never too late to learn.

I think you should be the taking that economic class considering what you wrote here

Unemployment is a better measure of where the economy is going in the future.

Unemployment measures the amount of jobs being created not where the economy is going in the future. Here's an example what the Unemployment rates do.

Economy sheds 10,700 jobs in November, unemployment rate rises to 6.6%

edit on 26-12-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

They will never forgive Russia for what they have done.

Do read my thread and article again. Ukrainians arent blaming Russia they are blaming the current government that sits in Kiev the fact how you desperately are defending the EU shows how comical you are being.

I feel deeply for the people of Ukraine.

I doubt that you do.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

They will never forgive Russia for what they have done.

Do read my thread and article again. Ukrainians arent blaming Russia they are blaming the current government that sits in Kiev the fact how you desperately are defending the EU shows how comical you are being.

I feel deeply for the people of Ukraine.

I doubt that you do.

Exactly! My Ukranian friend told me exactly that. The Ukranians in Kiev want the stability back, they want their jobs back, they want their energy and food prices down. He said they don't blame Russia at all, they blame the West who overturned their democratic government. This comed from the horses mouth a Ukranian, whom btw is fairly impartial being someone living in the UK and originally from one of the southern USSR 'stans.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

He said they don't blame Russia at all

So just so that I get this right, your friend says they don't blame Russia for anything...Not for Crimea and its annexation that was okay?

And he isn't blaming Russia for the troubles in the East, because it's all America's fault?

I just want to make sure that is what was being said.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Ukrainians arent blaming Russia they are blaming the current government that sits in Kiev the fact how you desperately are defending the EU shows how comical you are being.

That's why their newly elected government just dumped non-aligned status...because they love Russia and blame the EU. It's why they cut the electricity to Crimea recently as well...they love Russia and it was a practical joke between friends! Of course these actions were all discussed during the elections and everyone knew what the people they elected into government would do. No surprise that the government is doing this now.

What is sad is that the Russian propaganda machine isn't even credible anymore. At least in Soviet days the party line was something credible. Of course it was a lie but it passed the first sniff test typically. Now they are sending planes up over twice their vertical ceiling to shoot down 747's and photoshopping satellite pictures to show Mig's with a rocket trail leading over to a 737 (not even the right type of plane.

Now all we hear from are guys that don't understand basic economics and spew gibberish. Putin has no standards...how sad.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I talk to people in Ukraine often. It is TRUE that Ukrainians are not blaming Russia so much as their own government's austerity measures. Also ubiquitous is their complaining of a culture of Bribes. So many government workers (in Ukraine proper) have gone without pay for months. If Russia wants the Ukraine to fail, they need not do anything. The current Ukrainian government are experts at imploding their own society. Think about it... As the Ukrainian currency goes down and legions of government workers don't get paid, there will be riots, and again, cities and regions declaring independence from Kiev. They won't care if Russia does invade them as long as someone comes in there and restores order. But if it comes to that, and Putin was to feel so benevolent as to send troops in there to stop a humanitarian disaster on Russia's border, he would be accused by the West of aggression. The Ukraine could experience the second Holodomor (famine), and Russia would be accused of aggression for lobbing loaves of bread over the fenced border. The longer The West plays its' games against Putin, the clearer it becomes that The West and the current Ukrainian government does not care how many Ukrainians suffer and die. So who expects the Ukrainian people will just believe everything they are told, obey these leaders, and then simply lie down and die on command? There are going to be problems and Russia can only be scapegoated for so long.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

LoL @ invasion.

Russia most certainly does not want to invade nor 'take-over' Ukraine. It's a failed-state embroiled in debt, corruption, uber-radicalism and just an outright cesspool who can't pay it's bills.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

Russia most certainly does not want to invade nor 'take-over' Ukraine.

Well then what exactly are they doing in Eastern Ukraine, and what exactly did they do in Crimea...they aren't there for a vacation contrary to what Russia says about their troops being in Ukraine.

It's a failed-state embroiled in debt, corruption, uber-radicalism and just an outright cesspool who can't pay it's bills.

And that would be a problem Russia helped create with their boy Yanukovych and his cronies taking from the people of Ukraine...much like Putin has done in Russia.

Hard to keep a country running when you steal from the people.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

LoL @ invasion.

in·va·sion (ĭn-vā′zhən)
n.
1. The act of invading, especially the entrance of an armed force into a territory to conquer.
2. The entry into bodily tissue and subsequent proliferation of an injurious entity, such as a pathogen or tumor.
3. An intrusion or encroachment:

www.thefreedictionary.com...

Looks exactly like what Russia did...but feel free to show where Russia didn't invade and annex part of a sovereign country.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

He said they don't blame Russia at all

So just so that I get this right, your friend says they don't blame Russia for anything...Not for Crimea and its annexation that was okay?

And he isn't blaming Russia for the troubles in the East, because it's all America's fault?

Yes that is exactly what he is saying. That is what Gorbachev on Sky TV today is saying too. America is encircling Russia and nibbling away at its borders. Even Gorby who helped bring imminent nuclear war to an end says he sympathises with Putin. Yanks have literally taken the piss with Russia. Look at it from a Russian/Ukranian (not puppets in government) point of view, America is behind the crap in Ukraine. Look at US bases/colonial states that surround Russia.

MESSAGE TO ALL USA. KEEP YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM UKRAINE. DO YOU GET IT? GET NULAND MACCAINAND ALL THE OTHER WARMONGERS OUT OF THIS BUSINESS. YOU GOT POLAND CROATIA SLOVAKIA HUNGARY ROMANIA BULGARIA ESTONIA LATVIA LITHUANIA CZECH BOSNIA KOSOVO, IS IT ANY SURPRISE THAT RUSSIA NOW BITES BACK WHEN YOU DO IT AGAIN IN UKRAINE?

STOP YOUR MEDDLING NOW OR WE WILL ALL REGRET IT IN EUROPE, GO DO THE USUAL WITH SOUTH AMERICA OR THE MIDDLE EAST OR NAM OR SOMETHING BUT DONT FORCE RUSSIA INTO MAKING A MESS OF EUROPE WHERE I LIVE!

ps I'm usually a very pro US Brit, even have descent from the States, love the place and what you have done for the world last century. But please

GET THE HECK OUT OF UKRAINE!

edit on 27-12-2014 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2014 by ufoorbhunter because: bad language due to passionate feelings as I have to live in Europe and respect a balance of power

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

MESSAGE TO ALL USA.

So it is all the US's fault for what is happening in Ukraine, and Russia has none correct?

So the fact that the Russian backed ex president was corrupt and stealing from the people had nothing to do with anything...

yanukovychleaks.org...

But hey it is just easier to blame the US instead of actually understanding the truth i guess.

You know what else is funny...the fact you think John McCain has any pull with the people of the US. Here let me help you out there...Nobody listens to what he says except for the retired in his state of Arizona, so if your going to go off on a rant about American politicians learn who is relevant, and who isn't as it won't make your rant look so sad.

You do understand that Ukraine has been through the Russian way of life and do not want it again, or do you think they have a better way of life than the rest of the free world?

ps I'm usually a very pro US Brit, even have descent from the States, love the place and what you have done for the world last century. But please

GET THE FUGK OUT OF UKRAINE!

SO then you think it's fine that Russia invaded and annexed part of a sovereign country because they didn't want them to have an actual free life away from the old way they endured until the 90's?

Also I don't see you ranting about Russia and what they have done in Ukraine...why is that?
edit on 27-12-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

The fact that its 9.9 and was around 9.7 shows that its increasing in Lithuania no doubt that actual real figures are much higher.

Clearly the EU has nothing to do with it, because looking at the numbers from different countries we see a huge variation with no tendency for going up or down in the whole EU. You should really stop generalizing so much.
And also, why is Lithuania doing MUCH better than Ukraine? Both countries got their independence almost at the same time. Maybe Ukraine being a sattelite country for Russia and Lithuania joining the EU had something to do with it after all?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

edit on 512am2014-12-27T05:38:36-06:00America/Chicagov by gmacev because: double post

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

And also, why is Lithuania doing MUCH better than Ukraine? Both countries got their independence almost at the same time. Maybe Ukraine being a sattelite country for Russia and Lithuania joining the EU had something to do with it after all?

Now your bringing logic into the thread...shame on you.

All one has to do is look at how the other ex Russian countries have fared being with the EU and then look at those who aren't to see the problem there.

But of course when you close your eyes to the truth you get posts like the one you replied to.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Pepeat to USA

Get the heck out of Ukraine

You deposed an elected government through devious means forging a colonial status and forcing long term NATO and EU upon the population

Is it any wonder Russia acted before USA station ships in Crimea, F16s in Donetsk?

Get real and look at it from Russia's point of view. This all comes down to USA meddling in the affairs of others

a reply to: tsurfer2000h

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Is it any wonder Russia acted before USA station ships in Crimea, F16s in Donetsk?

And the fact that the US hasn't done this well before now shows that it wasn't going to happen and that is a delusion coming from those who think Russia is innocent in this whole mess.

You deposed an elected government through devious means forging a colonial status and forcing long term NATO and EU upon the population

Ah yes the same NATO that denied their first request to join, but of course NATO is forcing them to join...really?

And in case you missed this Yanukovych was going to sign with the EU until Putin strongarmed him by telling him Ukraine would lose Russia as a trade partner if he did, but of course all of that doesn't come up because the west is just easier to blame.

Of course you also know that when the EU and Ukraine were going to sign there were guarantees that it wouldn't change anything between Ukraine and Russia, but Putin didn't want that as he sees Ukraine as all his.

So why not address that when you bash the west as Russia is just as guilty if not more when it comes to the problems in Ukraine?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join