It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The chilling story of how a British peer spied and trained the "Japs" for Pearl Harbour.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is an excellent documentary by the BBC.

Using papers now declassified by MI5 they tell the story of how Lord Sempill, a British peer openly and then secretly passed secrets to and then trained the newly formed Japanese fleet air arm, enabling them to complete the attack at Pearl.

This is a story of how British intelligence "watched" Sempill pass information to the "Japs" for twenty years...constantly letting him walk free from every interrogation..and of how Winston Churchill let him go practically scott free even after putting in jeopardy national security time after time.

Makes you wonder if Pearl harbour and WW2 wasn't in the making for many years before it happened.

edit on PM4Thu20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: andy1972

Makes you wonder if Pearl harbor and WW2 wasn't in the making for many years before it happened.

Yes, it was.

But thats another story. Thanks for the link.
edit on 25-12-2014 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Do you use the term "Japs" for historical accuracy or for some kind of personal reward?
If you are using for historical accuracy, you should put it in quotation marks.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972
Using papers now declassified by MI5 they tell the story of how Lord Sempill, a British peer openly and then secretly passed secrets to and then trained the newly formed Japanese fleet air arm, enabling them to complete the attack at Pearl.

The Japanese also sent a delegation to Taranto, upon which the Pearl Harbor raid was inspired and modelled.

Regards

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I am thinking about feigning outrage over a term but I am not sure if it is even derogatory so I think I will just assume if I am not sure then you may be the same.

As for the op this is the first time I have ever herd of this. When I get back tonight I will make sure to watch the video.

Anyway merry Christmas and thanks for the thread.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I am thinking about feigning outrage over a term but I am not sure if it is even derogatory so I think I will just assume if I am not sure then you may be the same.

As for the op this is the first time I have ever herd of this. When I get back tonight I will make sure to watch the video.

Its christmas, and as it's christmas I like to make people happy, and therefore have placed the derogatory term "japs" between quotation marks..and please, feel free to feign outrage...as I feign the fact I'm bothered about if the term "jap" is politcally or historically correct or not..

HAPPY XMAS TO ONE AND ALL

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

What's wrong with referring to the Japanese as Japs? We refer to the British as Brits and Australians as Ausies all the time.
edit on 25-12-2014 by NotMoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotMoose

What's wrong with referring to the Japanese as Japs? We refer to the British as Brits and Australians as Ausies all the time.

Those people are white though. It is only wrong when a white person shortens the name of other ethnicities.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Its christmas, and as it's christmas I like to make people happy, and therefore have placed the derogatory term "japs" between quotation marks..and please, feel free to feign outrage...as I feign the fact I'm bothered about if the term "jap" is politcally or historically correct or not..

Merry Christmas or festivas whatever have you and my comment was tongue and cheek as far as outrage goes. Seriously I have no idea if it is derogatory or not. Next time I am in Japan I will ask some friends.

This type of story is what keeps me coming back. Well documented and little known to many. I thought I had heard of most of them from that era so this is like a cool gift you have brought.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotMoose

Like Kiwis or Ruskies..

Though informal speech like nicknames are better off used around friends.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Merry Christmas or festivas whatever have you and my comment was tongue and cheek as far as outrage goes. Seriously I have no idea if it is derogatory or not. Next time I am in Japan I will ask some friends.

This type of story is what keeps me coming back. Well documented and little known to many. I thought I had heard of most of them from that era so this is like a cool gift you have brought.

Yeah, I understood you were just being tongue in cheek.

What I find interesting is he fact that this guy passed information from the highest echelons, yet Churchill protects him ?

I can only come to the conclusion that Churchill was hoping his (Sempill's) information would be enough to give Japan the technology and balls to attack the US at Pearl, and thus, bring them into the war. which is what Churchill needed.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The seed for pearl harbor was planted when admiral perry forced japan to open to the west .
Interesting video ..

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Do you use the term "Japs" for historical accuracy or for some kind of personal reward?

Lose the political correct bovine fecal matter. The term is the historically correct one. I happen to be japanese and was born in one of the americans internment camps in 43 because my parents immigrated at the wrong time in history. I do not find it to be an offensive term. Then again unlike the damn p.c crowd Ive got a thick skin and am a realist about the world. Dont need p.c bovine fecal matter to feel good.
edit on 25/12/14 by Expat888 because: .

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

awesome. Yeah you're right it really does make ya wonder!

At any rate, while I think that nuking them twice was a bit much for what they did, I'm glad that everything is OK now. I mean, Japan used to be pretty messed up what with children and explosives and whatnot. yikes

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
He spied and gave information for more than 20 years. They watched him, tapped his phone, and opened his mail.
They knew he was passing classified information to Japan and that Rutland was preparing their pilots.

He was dentained and taken in for questioning, and then the subject was forgot and swept under the carpet.

Even while detained he made phone calls to the Japanese embassy.

Clearly I think this man was serving a purpose for MI5 and MI6, thats why they never laid a finger on him.

Was he "allowed" to pass information to let the Japanese get the technology needed to invade Singapore and attack Pearl harbour ?

As with todays "ISIS" and "AL QAEDA" did America and Britain need a bogey man in the East to Justify Americas entrance into WW2.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest given the role cameron played in Libya and the lies blair told the british public. It makes anyone british ashamed but important to say, its the british public who suffered at the hands of these ghastly duplicitous elite - and its time to get rid of the lot of them as they are still up to their tricks of sacrificing our young today to get their hands on money - so much they can't even count it.

All you need to do is to chase the money made out of WW2 to see who instigated it and manipulated Chruchill and you then look to where churchill had his own financial investments.

What is important on this disgusting matter is that we all become aware of the war manipulators who have no conscience about whose youngsters they have enlisted into the armed forces and how many die or end up maimed for life.

Look to where the money flows - these are the people who need to be tried for crimes against humanity and it needs to be taken back to the wars.

The bankers who backed both sides also need to be tried for treason or - their estates need to be cashed in to make amends for their crimes. Duplicity and smiling at the people whose family members died need punishment.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Major General Smedley Butler - War is a racket:

"In the World War [I] a mere handful garnered the profits of the conflict. At least 21,000 new millionaires and billionaires were made in the United States during the World War. That many admitted their huge blood gains in their income tax returns. How many other war millionaires falsified their tax returns no one knows."

And another very interesting quote ..and very close to home in relation to the video -

"Yes, all over, nations are camping in their arms. The mad dogs of Europe are on the loose. In the Orient the maneuvering is more adroit. Back in 1904, when Russia and Japan fought, we kicked out our old friends the Russians and backed Japan. Then our very generous international bankers were financing Japan. Now the trend is to poison us against the Japanese. What does the "open door" policy to China mean to us? Our trade with China is about $90,000,000 a year. Or the Philippine Islands? We have spent about $600,000,000 in the Philippines in thirty-five years and we (our bankers and industrialists and speculators) have private investments there of less than $200,000,000.

Then, to save that China trade of about $90,000,000, or to protect these private investments of less than $200,000,000 in the Philippines, we would be all stirred up to hate Japan and go to war -- a war that might well cost us tens of billions of dollars, hundreds of thousands of lives of Americans, and many more hundreds of thousands of physically maimed and mentally unbalanced men."

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Ah, another double standard hypocrite. I checked your topic history, and you have very generously used insulting and hurtful terms without quotation marks, pigs, fascists.

You didn't appear to be using them for historical terms but you also didn't put them in quotations. Get a life and go troll another topic.

top topics

join