It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain to deploy 64 Patriot missiles facing Mediterranean: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
"Spain is to deploy 64 ground-to-air Patriot missiles facing the Mediterranean following their purchase from Germany, the El Mundo newspaper reported on Sunday.
Spain on Saturday approved the purchase of a US-manufactured Patriot missile battery from Germany, in a deal worth nearly 100 million eurosmillion dollars), according to a government statement.

The battery will help Spain meet a commitment made to NATO to acquire the "capacity to act against ballistic missiles, which have become one of the main and new threats against nation states," the statement said."

Link

Help me understand this........Spain gets bombed by terrorist...then pulls out of Iraq. Now buys anti-missile from the US via Germany? How does an anti-missile system protect trains from being bombed by terrorist?

[edit on 13-12-2004 by DrHoracid]

[edit on 13-12-2004 by DrHoracid]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I think you partially answered your own question within your post.

The battery will help Spain meet a commitment made to NATO to acquire the "capacity to act against ballistic missiles, which have become one of the main and new threats against nation states," the statement said."

It has nothing to do with stopping terrorism, it is something they had to do to meet NATO guidelines.

Do not forget that ETA (the group who claimed responsibilty for the train bombings) is not related to any of the Middle Eastern terror groups, they are in fact a Christian terrorist group. See the link.

www.cfrterrorism.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Ok, let me throw up the "Iran" word

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Yup, my thoughts exactly. Iran is not to far away.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Yup, my thoughts exactly. Iran is not to far away.

Shahab 3 thru 5

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
How I love it!
2 years before Americans thought that Iran is an icecream and now they do strategic analysis through the internet. Exactly but exactly the same thing that happened to Europeans with the Balkan and the USA with Iraq.

By the way, if it's for protecting against something it's more likely Libya and terrorist attacks launched from Morocco or Algeria. Though there is no evidence that terrorists own such a missile at all...or are capable of using those

By the way: does the image show the range with or without payload. Take a guess

[edit on 13-12-2004 by mahsa]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If you wish here is some data on missile systems world wide.

Missile data

new topics

top topics

join