It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just need to get this off my chest before trying to sleep!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Let me know how that battle with the police at night on the side of the road works out for you…

That sounds like a stupid thing to do!

You may solve your problems with violence, but I dont, and iam sure most people wont.
You are aware that is an option to make a complaint, get involved in politics or do something else nonviolent and legal to try change the situation, right??

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Sorry to hear this happened to your daughter. The cops love doing that. My brother had one right on his bumper. I told him to slow down and instead he sped up a tiny bit and ended up getting a ticket for it. Good luck trying to get the cop in trouble for any of it. Even if you succeed, you're daughter will have a target on her. If you haven't guessed, I have no respect for most LEOs because of their nazi style tactics.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

You are aware that is an option to make a complaint, get involved in politics or do something else nonviolent and legal to try change the situation, right??

I see you want to use the corrupt broken system to change the system. Good luck with that, too.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
When I see posts like several of the above, my mind just reels! How naive can some people be? If they weren't on ATS I might be better able to understand the attitude displayed; that cops do no wrong---unless there happens to be a video showing that one has done really, really wrong---and then? They're just one of those few bad apples.
I'm also upset with the attitude that the OP is being less than sincere about his relationship with his daughter. Yes, there are plenty of good kids out there who have made, as he termed it, "a stupid mistake" and learned from it and have a strong and honest relationship with their parent/s.
Lovebeck, I'm pretty sure that your daughter is glad you are her parent rather than these heartless posters who are giving you such grief for defending your daughter's rights. I do hope that all four of those people file complaints against this cop after the court matters are settled.
That riding the bumper tactic is popular with cops in our area as well. Just last night a relative was telling me how the cops in his town do that as well. He was lighted up because rather than speed up, he put on his turn signal and turned into the parking lot of a store to let the idiot who was riding his bumper go by. He didn't even know it was cop until he got lit up as he turned into the lot. Then he was totally confused because he wasn't breaking any laws. The cop said he was "evading" by turning into the empty parking lot. He said, "Yes, sir, I was evading the guy behind me who was following too closely for safety. I figured he must be in a hurry to get somewhere so I'd let him get on down the road." So the cop cited him for improper use of a turn signal and evading a police officer. They say no good deed goes unpunished.
Kudos to you for teaching your daughter to know her rights and how to make a stand for them.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
So your daughter received probation for stealing a $10 shirt?!!!!

That would be a first for me to hear of such a thing. Generally people are trespassed from the property, maybe a little community service, and pay restitution.

Receiving one year probation is crazy to me.

Did she have any other arrest history? In my experience people who receive stricter punishment for a petty crime like your daughter had other arrests on record.

Did the people in her car have arrest records?

Why was your daughter who was on probation hanging around people using or in possession of drugs?

That alone is a violation of her probation (VOP) and she could of been arrested. Did the nazi cop arrest her for VOP?

If an officer smells marijuana in a vehicle he has legal grounds to search the car and its occupants. Seeing that marijuana was in fact recovered is it hard to believe he smelled it?

Also a male officer can frisk a female. There is absolutely no law against doing so.

PS This thread is not about whether pot should be legal or not.
edit on 25-12-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
So...we're mad that the officer "claimed" to smell pot in the car....and then he found pot? Whine all you want about how it should be legal, it's moot, pointless, and a waste of time. Obviously where this happened, it's not. Thinking something should be legal isn't a reason to do it when you know it's not.

Speeding up when a cop pulls in behind you? On what planet does that make sense? I mean really?

Was the cop a jerk? No idea, the only side of the story we have is hearsay from one party. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. This all sounds like stupid choice after stupid choice, and then we want to blame the officer for the outcome of those CHOICES.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
That is wrong of the cop to do that to ur daughter. Not to be off topic but I was frisked by an attractive female cop and I enjoyed when she grabbed my privates but im a man lol

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I'd definitely talk to a lawyer, and sue the crap out of the cop(s) involved, and whatever department is supposed to be responsible for them. It doesn't sound like there was any reason for anyone to be searched, or the car, and more like a fishing expedition. Riding the bumper, thus encouraging speeding, is a common tactic, it seems. A few weeks ago, my husband and I were traveling from town to town, and a cop followed us for LONG miles, hoping no doubt we'd speed or something. I am talking 20-30 minutes of following, during which time my husband drove 5 under the limit. You could feel the frustration rolling off the cop.

With all the crime, you'd think they would have better things to do than try and manufacture reasons to pull over drivers.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join