It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Millerite Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

William Miller, former Freemason turned preacher, is known by many to be the founding father of the Seventh Day Adventist movement.
Miller predicted the coming of Jesus in 1844.
He had nothing to do with the Seventh Day Adventist movement other than by promoting the idea of using the days of the Daniel 8 prophecy to be literal years, that can be calculated to come up with the date of the "cleansing" of the Most Holy Place, which the SDA's continued to believe in but reinterpreted to mean something else, which was the Judgment that was to proceed in the temple in heaven.

edit on 28-12-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Have you read what he wrote? Most of it is posted
on the Internet.
He was not initially aware of exactly how the Jewish
calendar worked. 1843 was chosen because of a failure
to understand how the shift B.C. to A.D. worked.
Snow noticed that the decree to rebuild that marks the
start the prophecy went out in the fall.

If you want to find conspiracy in what Miller thought, look
at his 7 times ideas. These had to do with the ending of and loss
of the kingdoms of both Israel and Judah. 7 times is 2520
years and comes to 1798 which strangely enough is when Napoleon
first advocated returning Palestine to the Jews. He also was the
first to grant Jews(since Roman times) the full rights of citizenship.

Most Seventhday Adventists don't accept this(because they were never
taught it).

BTW, Miller was never an SDA. That was started by mostly young
people after the collapse of Millerism. A small denomination called the Advent
Christians properly descends from Miller.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UMayBRite!

Interesting, thanks for the tips. Ive been working with a very specific pattern over the past few years, and anytime I see things like William Miller's prediction (given his masonic history), my suspicions are raised. Perhaps he really knew nothing about the many versions of the Jewish calendar, or maybe he was "covering his tracks" by playing dumb. Either way, I find it very strange that his first prediction involved the Vernal Equinox that was 105 years before the antediluvian (unintercalated-360 day) calendar ended. Even stranger was Samuel Snow's selection of October 22nd.

To any other person, these dates mean nothing, but these figures have been consistently recurrent in my research.

To clarify my words, I understand that William Miller did not personally establish the Seventh Day Adventist movement, and I know that not all Adventists are Millerites, but I do know quite a few Adventists who are Millerites. They see him as a prophet or apostle. In that sense, many but not all Adventists see William Miller as the unofficial founding father of the SDA Church.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

In that sense, many but not all Adventists see William Miller as the unofficial founding father of the SDA Church.
When they talk about where the church came from, they start out with Miller, who was at least inspired (or so they say).
I'm in the process currently of disassociating myself from the SDA church (if there is a proper way of doing that). I have lost interest in the idea of everyone getting burned up for being bad, or whatever, in an apocalyptic finale. Paul to me seems to be teaching something quite different, which is people eventually coming to a state of righteousness through faith in Jesus.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
Phew! When I first read the title I thought it said Miller lite conspiracy!!

Haha, so did I lol.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hmmm, what if Millers prediction was out by exactly 70 years, because of a variable not taken into account from the biblical past ?
edit on 5-1-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

What makes you think that?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

What makes you think that?

Take 1844 subtract 70 years, anything special happen that year ? 1774
Hmmm, nothing noteworthy, Then add 70 to 1844, again the same question ?
The Year WW1 Began

Why 70 years, well that is the time frame of desolation for the Jews in the Miller formula. But if nothing happened in 1774 or 1844 then what is left ?
edit on 6-1-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join