It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Millerite Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:56 PM
Part 1:

Word of warning--This will be a long thread that will tie into various of my past threads.

William Miller, former Freemason turned preacher, is known by many to be the founding father of the Seventh Day Adventist movement. He initially hypothesized that the Second Advent of Christ would occur any time between 3/21/1843-3/21/1844. After his prediction failed, he endorsed the prediction of former athiest Samuel S. Snow, who believed that 10/22/1844 was the true date of Jesus' return. Consequently, 10/23/1844 became known as the Great Disappointment.

Why am I telling you this? While most see Miller and Snow to be a couple of fools who joined a long list of failed date-setters, I see something indicating that these men were part of a large, multi-generational conspiracy...perhaps even the largest conspiracy known (or unknown) to date.

Rather than barking and ridiculing these men for "crying wolf", I propose that we should ask a few questions first. These questions may not be difinitively answered by my research, but some strong implications can be drawn.

These are the questions which I seek answers to:

Why was William Miller fixated with the year 1843? The 2300 year count from Daniel is not a sufficient answer.

Why did Mr. Miller emphasize March 21st (vernal equinox) in his prediction, when he was of the opinion that the Jews observed a luni-solar calendar?

Why did Samuel Snow believe October 22nd was the Day of Atonement, when no form of Rabbinical reckoning (not even Kariatic) placed Yom Kippur that late in the year?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:20 PM
Phew! When I first read the title I thought it said Miller lite conspiracy!!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:24 PM
Part 2:

Now, for the sake of my argument, I ask that you treat the contents of this link as our axiom or point of reference. I know Im asking alot, but follow my logic if you will. Of course, I will offer a short summary for those who are unfamiliar with my research.

The bible always tells us that a year is 12 months, and each month consists of 30 days. Both Genesis 7 and Revelation (42 months=1,260 days) reflect a 360 day year. This absolutely rules out a 355 day luni-solar year that requires a 13th intercalary month, which is never mentioned in the scriptures. Furthermore, the Hebrew word 'Rosh Khodesh' literally means 'head of the month', yet for some reason translaters and Rabbi's insist on translating it as 'new moon'. This is fallacy, as a lunar month is not always 30 days long. That fact alone betrays the scriptures. It is my belief that the Jews adopted the 'new moon' definition after enslavement to Babylon who observed a lunar calendar. Instead, I believe the true Paleo-Hebrew calendar is 365.25 days long, from Vernal Equinox to Vernal Equinox. Each month consists of 30 days, except the 12th month, with 35 days. Even the Essenes observed a solar calendar. So, why does the bible constantly reference a 360 day year, when we have 365.25 days per solar year? I believe that before the Flood, there were only 360 days per year. Whatever triggered the Flood must have slightly elongated our orbit. This explains why the Mayans observed 360 days per year and shut down their society for 5.25 "unlucky days". For the sake of arguement, the Mayan calendar was brought to the Americas by the Phoenecian from Israel during Solomon's reign. If you factor in the Flood, and the extra 5.25 days per year after the fact, the Mayan calendar extends beyond 12/21/2012, to the date 9/16/2016 (Paleo-Hebrew Feast of Trumpets). What I am saying, is that the Mayan calendar was a spin-off of the original Biblical calendar...a hybrid of the adtediluvian and post-diluvian year, if you will.

So, what the hell does this all have to do with William Miller and Samuel Snow? Keep reading to find out.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:25 PM
a reply to: thesmokingman

Lol, that would be tragic.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:54 PM
The Joshua long day happened around 700 BC .This even is also recorded in other cultures as well .There is reason to believe that calenders were changed around that time .I have not researched this myself but have come across it more then a few times .The Jews also used the new moon around the barley harvest as well to set the new years calender date . a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:00 PM
Part 3:

So, now that we have established that the Mayan calendar is the spawn of the original Paleo-Hebrew calendar, we can move on.

Base on my research, the Mayan calendar was a 5,250 year countdown starting from the birth of Lamech in the year 874 AF (AF is "After the Fall of Adam").

Now before I continue, I must mention that Pope Gregory deleted 2 years and 9 days of AD history, when he created his calendar. This can easily be proven by counting the Metonic cycles of the moon (19 years) from Jesus death in 30 AD to 2004 AD. The anomoly occurs in 1582 AD, when Gregory introduced his calendar. To prove this, simply look at NASA's lunar data:

The US Navy reflects the same anomoly. This basically means that the year 2015 AD will really be 2017 AD. Without this information, your reckoning will always be 2 years off. I believe Pope Gregory left this anomoly to cover the truth.

Now, there are three noteworthy dates when it comes to the Mayan calendar. Had the Flood never occured, and we still had a 360 day solar year, the Mayan calendar would have ended on 10/22/1948. (Did you get that....October 22nd was Samuel Snow's prediction.) Because the Mayans had to factor in or intercalate the omitted 5.25 days from each solar year, the date 12/21/2012 was the termination of the last 13 (360 day/year) Katuns. All that is left is the final intercalation of the last 5.25 day accumilation from the 13 Katuns: 13x20x5.25 =1,365 days. This biblical number can be found in Numbers 3:50.

So, what is so important about October 22nd? Well, throughout history, October 22nd is consistently identified with Apollo/Apollyon. On, 10/22/362 AD, the temple of Apollo burned down mysteriously. "Eye witness" accounts claimed that a fire fell from heaven and ignited the temple. Then, on 10/22/1968 AD, NASA's Apollo-7 mision made its landing in the Atlantic ocean. Here is the kicker...according to my calculations, if the 70th Week of Daniel were to start on September 16th (Solar Feast of Trumpets), then Apollyon (the Angel/beast from the Abyss) will rise and reign terror on the Earth.

See this link for support:

It seems that Samuel Snow (and probably William Miller) had their eyes on the wrong messiah.
edit on 24-12-2014 by BELIEVERpriest because: added link

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:10 PM
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I believe the crustal tearing of the Flood was a symptom of a celestial disturbance that altered our orbit...especially since the Flood is always paralleled so heavily with the 2nd Advent (which also alters our orbit). The long day in Joshua may have been a factor, but I dont think it was a drastic change.

Aside from the mistranslation of 'rosh khodesh', how can the moon be a part of the calendar? The bible specifically states that a prophetic year is/was 360 days, not 355 (lunar year). Dont get me wrong, I believe the moon plays a role in stabilizing our axial tilt. Without the axial tilt, there would be no seasons for the holy days. This is how the moon is for the "signs and seasons", "signs" being the sign of the Son of Man and the events in Revelation.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:18 PM
It's a big subject for sure but there should be good records as to how ancient cultures determined their years .There should also be records if those cultures changed their dating and I am quite sure there are scholarly papers addressing it .How did the Jews determine the first day of Nissan ? a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:35 PM
You might want to check out this vid on restoring the calender .

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:59 PM
Part 4:

Now, I have to give you a very very short explanation of the Hebrew/Greek syllable meter. In the Hebrew OT and Greek NT, there exists a pattern in the Psalms and Prophetic poetry that reflects a syllable pattern that is divisible by 7. This pattern exists in Psalm 90, Zeph 1&2, Daniel 9, the list goes on and on. While 7 is the founding number of this pattern, a recurrent number in all of my biblical research is 105 (49+7+49), including the Hebrew meter. Both the numbers 1,365 and 1,260 are divisible by 105. The 5,250 years of the Mayan calendar is 105x50, or 105 Jubilees.

For more on the Hebrew/Greek meter, go here:
I am not the author, and IT IS NOT LIGHT READING.

Finally, we get to William Miller's prediction about Christ's return in 1843 AD.

In Daniel 8:14, a vision is given indicating that in 2,300 days from his vision, the Holy place in Jerusalem and regular sacrifices would be re-established. We know that the prophecy involves days, and not years, since the prophecy states "2,300 evenings and mornings"...but somehow, William Miller saw it fit to reckon the 2,300 days as years instead.

Daniel's 2,300 prophecy came to pass around 457 BC. William Miller simply added 2,300 years to arrive at 1843 AD. Here is what raised my suspicions: the year 1843 AD is 105 years before the original end of the Mayan calendar in 1948 AD. Now, remember how Pope Gregory deleted 2 year of AD history? Well, how is it that William Miller accidently arrived at the 49th cycle of the 105 years with his faulty 2,300 calculation???? The coinsidence is too big for me, considering the unique structure of the Gregorian calendar. Miller must have known to account for Pope Gregory's omitted years.

How would Miller have known this? The most obvious factor was his Masonic history. Infact, the Masonic symbol on the back of the US $1 bill is a depiction of the last 13 Mayan Katuns. The 1st Katun ending in 1776 AD at the base of the pyramid founded America, then the 12 ascending steps lead to 9/16/2016. Landing on the 13 level pyramid is the Eye of Horus. This triangular symbol is a depiction of the Osirian trinity of Osiris/Isis/Horus. I believe that Osiris and Apollyon are one in the same.

So, it seems that William Miller's failed prophecy was not about Jesus, but Apollyon, who is the anti-christ. This piece of data coupled with Samuel Snow's October 22nd prediction makes it clear to me: William Miller and Samuel Snow where leading people to Apollyon, not Jesus. Had their prophecies come true, how many of their followers would have taken the mark of the beast?

Thats all folks. I typed this entire theory from my Smartphone. It was a monumental task, so I would appreciate civility and an open-minded discussion.

Thanks for reading.
edit on 24-12-2014 by BELIEVERpriest because: Added link

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:13 PM

The Nissan 1 is the Vernal Equinox, which is usually March 20th or 21st. I do research in the Hebrew syllable meter. The very syllables in the Psalms and Prophecies give us the ability to historically track prophecy, but ONLY works with a solar calendar. The sun represents the bridegroom, and the moon is the bride. The sun sets the Rosh Khodeshim, not the moon. The sun knows the moon's path, not the opposite. Im not advocating sun worship, but the relationship between the sun and moon is a symbol for a husband's authority over his wife.

I used to believe in a luni-solar calendar, only God can point me back to it, but that isnt the case. I asked for truth in the Holy Spirit, and God revealed the solar calendar. I cant reject it in good conscience.

I know its a hard change to accept, it was hard for me, but you need to search the scriptures for yourself. A youtube video will not give you the answers.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:27 PM
I thought he represented the word of God pretty well .I would think that God made it hard to understand . Jesus kept the calender that was established in the OT and said that not a jot or tittle would pass away before all things were fulfilled .The Sabbath was and still is saturday . The Months were started with the new moon .Unless you provide from scripture a clear indication that it is not and was changed you are stuck with a theory . a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:45 PM

Im not knocking your video, I just cant watch it, because I dont have a functioning computer and my phone doesnt get a strong enough signal to watch it. Im just saying, think for yourself, (Im not implying that you dont already do that).

The issues you raise require a lot of documents that cant access on my phone, but addresses the issue of Jesus and the calendar. The gospels appear to contradict each other when it comes to Jesus' arrest date and execution date. I dont remember the verses in question, but one account is tracking the Pharisean calendar (which was 4 days ahead of schedule that year), and the other tracks the true solar calendar. That is why John says "the day of preparation OF THE JEWS". He was pointing out that the Jews were observing the wrong calendar that year. Jesus was arrested on 10 Nissan and died on 14 Nissan, but the Pharisees thought they arrested Him on 14 Nissan and executed Him on 18 Nissan.

You cant make a case for a lunar calendar in light of the 150 days of the Flood and the 42 months (1260 days) in Revelation. And if you translate Rosh Khodesh literaly, it says head of month, NOT new moon. Then you have the problem of the 13th intercalary month required by the lunisolar calendar...the bible makes no mention of it.

So, thats 3 strikes against the Lunisolar calendar:
1). Each month is 30 days
2). Rosh Khodesh does not mean new moon
3). Each year has 12 months, never 13.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:41 AM
Well I hardly doubt the gospels contradiction each other .Usually the contradiction is in our own reasoning .I can remember I fell into some Heracles and it took me quite awhile to realize it .Once I cleared that up ,a lot of my confusion in other parts cleared up .It happens if you are not careful or if you haven't considered the subject . With you mixing in external calenders while trying to resolve the biblical one ,that may be what is causing the confusion ....peace a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:46 AM

I understand your skepticism, but understand, I didnt wake up one day and say, "Im going graft the Mayan calendar into the Bible". The realization came after I realized that the bible can only us a solar calendar. And the contradiction in the gospel is there, its for a reason. One account follows the Pharisean calendar, the other follows the true calendar. The contradiction is there to show the contrast.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 07:17 AM
Maybe .. Have you tried to resolve the contradiction ? Have you considered that there may not be any relation between the two seemingly contradictions ? Have you compared the clear non contradictory passages to the two contradictory passage ? Have you looked at the 2 contradictory passages using the many Bible versions ? I only say that because I was trying to resolve something and the Net Bible turned out to be the only version that helped .I don't read Greek and sometimes the rules are more important then the actual word . a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:15 AM

At one point, I examined the text extensively, but I didnt record it in my notes, so Ill have to re-address the issue. Later today, I'll make a new thread on the topic of the Jewish calendar. We can discuss it there.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:37 AM
Cool . You might want to also include the practical benefits to addressing the issue if corrected .I only say that because some have taken the approach that the book of Enoch should be added to the Bible as part of the cannon when all we need to know about angels and fallen angels can be found in our present Bibles . Building a better mouse trap is much different then building another mouse trap . a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:38 PM

Sorry to keep you waiting on the new thread, I have a new factor in my theory to test. It may answer the question of practical benefits, but dont know yet. I'll let you know when I post something new on the subject of the calendar.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:09 PM
Hi ..just wanted to drop this study of the book of Jude by Chuck Missler for your consideration . It's not a short one so it will take some time to get through .
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>