It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow - My Book Just Made the Best Sellers List at Amazon.uk

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Congrats and Merry Christmas .See what happens when you are being good ....peace a reply to: TrueAmerican

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Congradulations!
It is pleasant to see one
rewarded for their efforts.

Have a wonderful Christmas, W

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Here's some info you writers will appreciate:

It was released Nov. 22- so about a month and two days total exposure time.

In that time I have sold about 65 copies total, and about half those are Amazon.uk sales- so about 32 to 35 books.

So that will give you an idea of what it takes to make it to the top 100 or so in that genre, specifically. I have no clue about other genres. But I do know this much- the guys and gals in the top 10 have got to be selling like 50 or more every day.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Congratulations!

I'd love to read it, here's hoping it becomes available on kindle unlimited!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Congratulations! I'll definitely check it out

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think honorary "writer" status should be applied here forthwith.

We simply cannot have a best-selling author as a member--borne
from our own forum--and not grant this as an honorary.

Mods? Forum directors?....somebody?

Oh...BTW congrats and cheers and and hearty BRAVO to the OP!

edit on 24-12-2014 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

WOW! As one of the "wannabes" hoping to really be in your position one of these days, you go boy!

Merry Christmas Mr. Best Selling Author!

Wannabe Author,
Missmissie

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

lol!

Well trust me, I don't have any illusions. At the time I hit #87 in Post Apocalyptic Science Fiction in the UK, I checked and was still only like #11,000 or so on all of Amazon.uk. I just had no idea how massive these sites really are, and how MANY darn books there are out there! And the US Amazon? Pfft, forget it. I think I've gotten as high as like #54,000 site wide or something.

Those people at the top really are getting rich. Me, just a little wannabe too. But still, I'm having fun with it. Kinda cool.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MojaveBurning

Don't wait, it's worth every penny...and it's not that much anyway. I've paid a lot more for a lot less.

T.A. - Is there going to be another? The continuing adventures, so to speak? I'd really like to see what happens after they get to the ba........oh wait, spoilers.
Anyway, I'd really like to see where our hero[s] go from there and personally, I think this could easily be a trilogy.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
How wonderful and exciting for you!!! Just ask a mod to get your writers status tag thingy. You will get it. Much luck to you in your future writing endeavors!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

lol, well I'm still on break from writing this one, but... Never can tell what little ole TA might be up to...

Glad to see someone who's read it finally seeing this thread. Things coming full circle a bit.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Thank you so much for your perspective! Yeah, you're right--i'll try to be patient

I have written books but they're not great because I wrote them when I was like 10 - 17 and I'd like to rework my last book because the premise was unique. I get my inspiration from art usually--Remedios Varo and things like that. It's just every time I think about trying to start writing again, I have no motivation.

Maybe it means I'm supposed to write a whole new book--which I'm not against lol--but I'm missing something critical. I think having a rough couple years has put a stopper on me, creatively. Maybe I'll end up bettering from it once everything works out irl

And yes, you should definitely be very proud of yourself. I've only been published in a sampler and never for real--plus being 87 holy balls, batman that is seriously wild. ^_^ I hope you get to #1 but I'd be happy anywhere in the top 100 haha

Peace & congratulations again on the epic achievement!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Everyone one here should give the book a 5 star review.. see if we can get it to number 1...

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Congrats, TA!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Congrats! That must be the best feeling in the world!

And I just bought your book.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
A very merry Christmas to you author. May your success continue at the same rate as your writing!
y

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: misscurious
Everyone one here should give the book a 5 star review.. see if we can get it to number 1...

Lol, well I must say, 5-star reviews are indeed needed. They help get the book noticed, and once those five reviews were up, I started selling more, no question.

Thanks DTOM!

Thanks to ALL of you!

I'd like to think this is a triumph for ATS. Many ATSers have bought the book. And I can't thank you all enough!

I'd love to contribute more money to ATS, but just keep in mind that royalties take a long time to be paid. I haven't actually seen a penny from any of the digital ebook sales yet- it's all accumulating in an account to be paid in the next couple months. A few people bought some signed paperbacks, and I appreciate that. I do have signed paperback copy serial #004 up for sale on Ebay here:

www.ebay.com...

I know it's a lot, but I hardly make anything after time and expenses on those. But if this thing does climb into the higher ranks, signed copies of the original 1rst edition could be worth something some day! Cause that cover is gonna be gone in a second edition as soon as I can afford to have a pro graphic artist do it.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I am always on the lookout for something new to read. I did you a solid and just bought a copy on Amazon. After I read it, I will write a review.

I salute the effort it takes to put something like that together.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

That's Great news...Great present! Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you mate!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Congratulations and Merry Christmas!!!

I salute you for following through with your dream! I would love to buy a signed original once pay day hits on the 31st.

May this coming year be your breakout year!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join