It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood Standing Up For Free Speech ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's almost Christmas so I will be respectful...

I am watching Hollywood strut around like Peacocks.

They claim "Free Speech" has won a victory with the release of a Film.

So this Hollywood that has precided over the largest loss of Rights in our History.

Now, wants to take a Victory Lap like they have somehow stood up for Our Freedom.

This might be the single largest case of Selective Outrage I have ever seen.

The only thing they have accomplished Is making us watch another crappy movie.

We have been Played.....Baaa Baaa

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hollywood stands up for one thing.....money. And you know what? This movie will probably make thrice what it normally would. The normal fans of Rogan and Franco. Some to see what the buzz is about. Some thinking they are flipping the bird at Lil Kim.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

You're exactly right.

While I agree completely that the film should have been released in the first place, it seems obvious to me that there has been a definitive agenda being propagated by this film. The sad thing is that not many people seem to notice or care.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I didn't have any interest in the movie despite James Franco's hotness and I don't now either. It looks stupid but I'm glad it's going to be shown simply because it's silly to blacklist a movie simply because it offends someone. My boyfriend asked me if I'd feel the same way if it were about an American President and my honest answer is... yes. A movie is just a movie.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

How is Hollywood making anyone watch anything crappy or not.

I work in the film industry and granted there is a lot of crap. There is also some great movies that a lot of us
put our hearts into both as cast and crew. There is an off switch on the TV and you can option not to go to the movie house.

intrepid is right, it's about money. Capitalism and free enterprise....you got a problem with that?

If you are unhappy with the state of entertainment in America, TV, Films, the web, try your hand at it. Join us!

You can start with this....
www.celtx.com...

edit on 24-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If people were gonna go and see this...
Fair play...

If people have chosen to watch it after this debacle...
I hope they don't come here complaining about Government psy-ops & propaganda anymore.

Your credibility will be gone.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I work in the film industry and granted there is a lot of crap. There is also some great movies that a lot of us
put our hearts into both as cast and crew. There is an off switch on the TV and you can option not to go to the movie house.

intrepid is right, it's about money. Capitalism and free enterprise....you got a problem with that?

I'll wait for it to go to Cable. It's not the Movie.

It's Hollywood pretending the give a damn about our Rights.

You must know....They don't.
edit on 24-12-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Saw it coming a mile away.
Will not watch this movie.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I'll wait for it to go to Cable. It's not the Movie.

It's Hollywood pretending the give a damn about out Rights.

You must know....They don't.

It's not like "Hollywood" is a big collective entity with an agenda.
Hollywood is made up many, many production companies; from MGM to small LLC that no one has ever heard of; all making movies that they hope will get distribution and pay the cast, crew and producers that put up the money in the first place.

No one speaks for "Hollywood" except perhaps posers, media geeks, or self appointed spokesmen. You also have the choice to believe the hype or not.

I'm not defending Hollywood or the movie industry in general because I can't!! It's to diverse, scattered and psychotic for it to be pigeon holed into a corporate entity.

I agree, Hollywood doesn't care about your rights and neither does anyone else, apparently!

I know you care about our rights...write your movie, documentary or TV show and express your complaints, angst, or suggestions to make it better. We are in the renaissance of media production! There is a world wide market, countless platforms, and kitchen table technology that can make anyone with an idea and the guts to produce it;the opportunity to become rich, famous, and satisfied in a job well done. Join us...

Who knows perhaps you can be the New NLBS.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Let's be clear, I don't blame Hollywood for taking our Rights.

I just think it's funny to pick this situation and claim they stood up for our Rights.

To be fair...I am forced to watch CNN...Is it always this bad ?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Let's be clear, I don't blame Hollywood for taking our Rights.

I just think it's funny to pick this situation and claim they stood up for our Rights.

To be fair

CNN is corporate and it's not about news, information or making you happy. Apparently you aren't in their targeted demographic that they are trying to appeal to to SELL stuff thru advertising. CNN is a marketing platform. It's about market shares; another huge component of capitalism and free enterprise. Same as FOX, MSNBC or any other programming that comes over cable. It's just doing business American style. Would you prefer a state run media?

...I am forced to watch CNN...Is it always this bad

Forced to watch CNN? That must suck!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

We do have a state run media system. They just run it surreptitiously through various fronts and pretend there's no connection.

Let them make movies. Until the industry produces real talent and stops the propaganda parade I won't be a sheep and pay for disconnected, overpaid, overhyped "celebrities". Hollywood, no matter how connected or loosely connected, has contributed to the downfall of this country. And not just because they gave us Reagan

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Looking forward to some good active debates next year.

For tonight...I will just say I hope this Holiday is your Best Ever.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Looking forward to some good active debates next year.

For tonight...I will just say I hope this Holiday is your Best Ever.

Thank you! It's exchanges with members like you, that have class and style, that make ATS the best place for civilized discussions about our world.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Its just another propaganda film .. were it truly free speach they make one about the assassination of a western leader .. oh .. wait .. theyd be imprisoned for that .. carry on enjoy the propaganda your being fed and worse wasting good money to watch ..

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I think it lets them spew the vile bull# they have for the last 14 years. They will keep going over the top and indoctrinate your kids by selling it to them dressed like a cartoon. They will get to your adults in the same fashion, except it'll be the news and television show with an agenda.

Do yourself a favor and turn that # off.

top topics

join