It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any new UFO Documentaries? Also, Anyone remember that awesome TV show SIGHTINGS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Was hoping someone would know of some new UFO documentaries on Youtube that I might have missed.

Anyone remember that really cool TV show from the 90's called SIGHTINGS?
en.wikipedia.org...

Wish there was a show like that on TV now where they discuss the latest UFO footage and the host takes the subject matter seriously.
I guess there is Open Minds SPACING OUT on Youtube...
edit on 24-12-2014 by ufosareawesome because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ufosareawesome

I remember Sightings, that show was awesome. I also enjoyed Unsolved Mysteries. Man, I miss those shows.

edit on Cpm4Wednesday3920142131Wed, 24 Dec 2014 16:39:21 -06002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide a typo

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Oh yeah, Unsolved Mysteries!!! That was also a great show. would like to buy the dvd collection of ufo episodes
but I'm sure its a horrible interlaced blurry mess. Though I doubt it's gonna get a Blu-ray release lol so I guess I will
have to get the dvds

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
There is a new show out called UFO conspiracies that's not too bad. Yes I remember both Sightings and Unsolved mysteries. I also am old enough to remember In search of with Leonard Nimoy (Spock from Star Trek).

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Also look for out of the blue on youtube. it's a pretty good documentary.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Did you see the full blown movie, Mirage Men? Very well done. Being a movie it's a bit harder to get than a youtube link, but it's out there.

www.miragemen.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Thanks yeah I have watched it. I still don't really understand what the movie was trying to say,
was it saying:
Aliens are not visiting earth, its just disinfo.
or
Aliens are visiting earth, but Bennewitz view points were based on disinfo?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
Also look for out of the blue on youtube. it's a pretty good documentary.

Thanks but I have watched that Documentary many times already

Probably the best documentary ever made on the topic.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well, if you haven't seen it yet there was a 'documentary' released during the summer of 2014 called Aliens on the Moon: The Truth Exposed created by Robert Kiviat (the same person that brought us the infamous Alien Autopsy: Fact or Fiction in 1995).

Some of the special effects look like someone put some effort into it, but as for the content ... take it with a g̶r̶a̶i̶n̶ pound of salt.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadoefax

Seen it as well LOL but thanks!
Yes this was a silly documentary.

I recently watched these great Docs:
The UFO Experience
www.youtube.com...

UFOs What's Going On
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yeah...I used to love " Sightings "...great show.
I`d love a show like that too...even if they had a segment on all the really good fake videos.
I think some of these videos with CGI`s are fascinating....
.....especially the one with the space shuttle having been destroyed by a meteor or aliens...

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufosareawesome
Thanks yeah I have watched it. I still don't really understand what the movie was trying to say,
was it saying:
Aliens are not visiting earth, its just disinfo.
or
Aliens are visiting earth, but Bennewitz view points were based on disinfo?

It's a movie that needs repeat watching as the story is complex...by the end it's a lot of moving parts.

I see the movie (Mirage Men) as saying the Bennowitz story is the undisputed evidence of US gov disinfo going on in the UFO scene. Ultimately they accept that Bennowitz was fed an alien story to cover up secrets. They follow the Doughty thread, discrediting the visitation to the Eben world by a group of scientists story and casting doubt on many of the Majic 12 documents. They highlight guys in the UFO field that sold out to the US gov (Moore) and don't doubt it still happens now. Finally they end the movie with as legit a case out there, the Holloman airforce base landing. Showing that the US gov can with the left hand be spreading disinfo while the right hand tries to get the truth out there.

Well worth watching for people that haven't seen it. Complex but the UFO scene is complex so go learn knitting if you don't like digging into something.
edit on 24-12-2014 by noeltrotsky because: added movie title for context

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
There’s a new I think discovery channel show with the ancient alien guy who needs a hair cut. I can’t say or spell his name.

It’s pretty weak and suppose to be about alien research but he’s goes around doing shows on Cyclops and the Lock Ness monster!

What that has to do with alien research is beyond me.

Actually its kind of a lull in the alien research, I perceive, though I could be wrong.

Maybe a lull before the storm?

edit on 24-12-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

I've seen all three, really good stuff.

Anyone remember Ripley's Believe It Or Not with Jack Palance? Sci-Fi channel used to show the reruns in the 90s.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
For as quirky and cheesy as the show was at times, I really enjoyed UFO Hunters and I miss that show. Some of the cases that they investigated were very interesting.

Unsolved: UFO Files is also pretty good.

Season two of Hangar 1 should be starting soon too.

These are all TV shows though. I don't do much Youtube watching besides listening to music.

edit on 24-12-2014 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I remember Sightings and Unsolved Mysteries! Those were some of my favorite shows as a kid, sucks that its just reruns on Lifetime Channel now, but nevertheless a good watch.

I've never heard of Mirage Men (where have I been? lol), but after watching the trailer, I'm definitely interested and will watch shortly. From what I gather from what was you guys are saying is that it's one big mind phuck...interesting...

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I used to freak out as a child when I heard my parents watching these shows at night. Eventually they let me watch too.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
What really sucks is that theres more disinfo and crap floating around than ever......CGI and other effects make the whole thing ridiculous now......
Maybe crop circles would be more fruitful of a research subject....at least the real ones are fairly obvious....

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufosareawesome
Was hoping someone would know of some new UFO documentaries on Youtube that I might have missed.

oh, I hope there are some good recommendations that pop up in this thread.
I've watched heaps lately, but they've mostly been dated, or things that you've seen already (Out of the Blue, Mirage Men).

If you haven't seen them already, I love the "Watchers" series by LA Marzulli. He's Christian (as am I), but his investigation into a number of skulls found in Peru, along with his insight into the UFO phenomenon, is really interesting. There are a few bits and pieces I've seen on those shows that I haven't seen anywhere else, too. There are 8 of those at present, with Watchers 8 only being released a few months ago.

What really frustrates me, though, is that with all the technology we have these days, there still isn't really a single high-quality video that unequivocally proves the existence of aliens or UFOs. Everything... EVERYTHING is blurry, grainy and shaky. Surely in this day and age, with every human being on the planet having a smartphone (yes, I'm exaggerating), we can get some better footage!

I'd love to be proven wrong on that point, but it seems like every high-quality 'sighting' is CGI, or demonstrably hoaxed. I guess in the meantime, UFO enthusiasts and researchers will have to stick to older events (Rendelsham Forest, Roswell, the 1952 mass sighting over LA, etc.).

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Loved both of those series. Sightings brought us video and cases that weren't mainstream at the time. Unsolved Mysteries had some compelling ones as well.

I remember an ep from one of those shows (forget which) that reporting of a sighting in a NJ city that while there person was videotaping some lights in the sky, shows some sort of "figure" climbing across the rooftops of the buildings lining the street. It was compelling yet creepy at the same time.

If anyone remembers that one and can link to a video online of it, I'd surely appreciate the help.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join