It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who The Magi Really Were - And Their Gifts - And The Star

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

"a reply to: BlessedLore

Have a great Texan Christmas! God bless.

The Ethiopian history fascinates me. I have read both volumes of Haile Selassie's autobiography. I admire him very much for his faith and world view. Few people realise that little Ethiopia has such an amazing Hebrew and Christian history. The fall of royalty in the early 1970s when Haile Selassie was toppled by the communists brought to an end a Kingdom that had existed for almost 3 thousand years. Ethiopia was the oldest Christian Kingdom, too.

Also they had a version of the Book of Enoch that had been passed down separately to the Slavic version. Then was discovered the Dead Sea version and they all read pretty much exactly the same. This gives me great faith in these scribes and I view the OT, NT and surrounding literature as being very accurate as they have been copied and handed down. "

Ethiopia's Christian and Jewish heritages really are something special. The Book of Enoch really connected everything thing for me from pre-fall,fallen angel, hybrids,DNA corruption, and the layers/dimensions of heaven and the hierarchy of heavenly creatures,beings, and angels. That book really helped me in that part of my growth process. And your right their copy matches dead sea version almost verbatim. In my opinion the Ethiopian version of the Bible is the closest to true complete untainted OT/NT word of God unlike many other versions around the world missing most important books and or making subtle and major changes to actual scripture therein. Been looking for years for an actual Ethiopian Bible in English but have yet to find one. All I have found were very small incomplete paperback and just pdf online. Would love to find a leather HB version any year lol.....

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

As a Historical document it is accurate at its core, but many times misinterpreted and edited in its later editions. And Historically it couldn't possibly convey all the political turmoil, evil monarchs and endless suffering of the Time.
a reply to: MKMoniker I think we can trust the bible we have today to be very accurate .I will agree that different version have their own issues that relate more to interpretation biases though .The Isaiah scroll from the dead sea scrolls is a good example for comparison to examine the degree of change over time .I think that it is more likely the issue lies with us and us not considering most of the finer points . Most scholars usually admit to their own lax reading it and skipping over a small detail here or there . It does have it's layers which makes it quite unique as well . The dipper into the layers you go the higher the resolution to it's topical meaning . Have a great Christmas ...peace

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I think that there was only 2 wise men that came and one dude with a God complex. They came from the three different realities that make up our world. This story gives us insight into the inner child within us because the choosing was not done on this plane of existance but on another where the new born was around 5 yrs.old. The question of how does one choose three can be answered that way. The boy did not like to be goaded into having to choose one because he did not know all outcomes of each choice yet so he choose to find out the meaning of each choice by choosing everything but i guess it was just a mental test to see how his brain functioned...
edit on 25-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There was an amazing documentary on either National Geographic or History2, about this very subject and the 3 kings were concluded to be zoroastrian priests, and the rituals they did with fire and wells were all zoroastrian rtuals!
Seeing if I can find it

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Thanks for your post. I found lots of documentaries on YouTube:

www.youtube.com...
DOCUMENTARIES ABOUT THE MAGI

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
They were three kings and herod was one of them. After thinking on it more i see that they did not go to another place but they went foward in time that night to 4 or 5 yrs ahead. That is how the one with the god complex knew so strongly about the baby being around but he did not learn that nite exactly where he was born. That is why the mass slaughter because he knew without a doubt that Jesus was there. Jesus has two sides to him and one side knew herod spiritually and they had some plan but inside Jesus was only going along with the whole show of herod acting as a god.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join