It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infinate Possibilities You Are Everywhere Quantum Physics Time Reversal Symmetry & Super Positioning

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

A particle, which we think of as a solid thing. Really exists in a so called "superposition", a spread-out wave of possible locations and it's in all of those at once. The instance you check on it, it snaps into just one of those possible positions.

So I thought a thread about superposition would be interesting, as it is an interesting fact of the universe which our civilization has yet to fully grasp. 
Quantum superposition implies that a particle can be in two or more places
or states simultaneously. Meaning your and my particles are in fact infinatly everywhere. This is one of the interesting hallmarks of the infinate quantum world.

I give you "SUPEPOSITION" Discuss!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I will say this is time were ever to run in reverse it would make taking a crap a very different experience.
LoL

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

A particle, which we think of as a solid thing. Really exists in a so called "superposition", a spread-out wave of possible locations and it's in all of those at once. The instance you check on it, it snaps into just one of those possible positions.

So I thought a thread about superposition would be interesting, as it is an interesting fact of the universe which our civilization has yet to fully grasp. 
Quantum superposition implies that a particle can be in two or more places
or states simultaneously. Meaning your and my particles are in fact infinatly everywhere. This is one of the interesting hallmarks of the infinate quantum world.

I give you "SUPEPOSITION" Discuss!

Where has it been stated to be concrete fact that every particle is everywhere at once, and proven to be fact?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Think Schrodingers cat. There could be any of multiple states, but until you check, no one state is present.

The universe works in such weird and wonderful ways, doesn't it!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: scghst1

It hasn't, and What The Bleep Do We Know is full of BS assumptions.

Although super positioning has been proven to some extent.

It's also funny how everyone misinterprets Schrödinger's cat, he stated it as a sarcastic remark.. He wasn't trying to prove it could actually happen to larger things like cats.

Who knows, it could still be functioning at a larger scale, but it won't be easy to prove.
edit on 24-12-2014 by Skaffa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
how does the cat relate to reality?

You can smell Death within hours of the time of decease.
There is no multipul states. There is only cat russian roulette.

Does the cat thing apply to a russian drinking himself to death alone in his room playing russian roulette, His nabour knows hes playing. But Would the nabour hear a gunshot? Probably. So unless the box is vacume sealed you would probably smell the death of the cat thus giving away such *States* of existance before even predetermination.

It's not like just because we apply our thoughts to reality does the philosophies automatically become verified lol.

You could even attach a heart monitor to the cat and it would make checking the box at all irrelivant.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

the cat's a reductio ad absurdum - the wave function collapses long before the bullet leaves the gun

the open question is when/how/why?

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: scghst1
Where has it been stated to be concrete fact that every particle is everywhere at once, and proven to be fact?
The OP is mistaken, it's not a fact. In the "Many worlds" interpretation of quantum mechanics, there isn't superposition of the particle, there's superposition of different universes.

Many-worlds interpretation

MWI's main conclusion is that the universe (or multiverse in this context) is composed of a quantum superposition of very many, possibly even non-denumerably infinitely[2] many, increasingly divergent, non-communicating parallel universes or quantum worlds.

In the debroglie-Bohm interpretation, every particle is NOT everywhere at once, but has a definite location. In the double slit experiment, the particle passes through only one slit, unlike the Copenhagen interpretation which the OP is referring to.

DeBroglie-Bohm theory

In de Broglie–Bohm theory, the wavefunction travels through both slits, but each particle has a well-defined trajectory that passes through exactly one of the slits.

Nobody knows which interpretation is correct.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yes superposition is based on science and math, expiriments and such which are all factual.

However skeptics and science unbelivers just deny away based on nothing more than thier opinions.

DENY IGNORANCE

Superposition is real

The Original Double Slit Experiment
Light is so common that we rarely think about what it really is. But just over two hundred years ago, a groundbreaking experiment answered the question that had occupied physicists for centuries. Is light made up of waves or particles?

edit on 24-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Every particle isn't there all at once, because its all waves, and only renders into the hologram and particles when observed.

Compared to the advanced technology the universe is, our use of comparison is crude, but its akin to infinite data streams and information, and the possibilities become rendered when needed. Like in a game when you enter a room, its there, but when you leave its data. As long as consciousness is viewing, its rendered.
edit on 24-12-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Every particle isn't there all at once, because its all waves, and only renders into the hologram and particles when observed.

Rabbit hole time!

Depends on our perception of the particle.

Look at the BIG BANG with superposition it only appears in one place due to our perception but is everywhere.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I believe big bang is turning on the computer or computerized tv set universe and there is no real big bang. I just dont know if its when we turn on our computer body that the explosion of light happens. We are holograms and contain the whole infinity within. Holograms within holograms, simulations within simulations within simulations.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

ACCORDING TO QUANTUM MECHANICS !

this is what you can clearly hear in the first minute of the first video

this does not make it truth!

QM is a language to describe things they calculate in this theory.
Particle physics is the same, they try to quantize space into infinite small points and they do it even with waves and call it a photon. A lot of information gets lost in this process so they have invented new things...

...like, that thing with uncertainty and all at once possibility.

forget it !

of course an charged particle is constantly moving in the EM field. So you can not say where it is until you measure somehow it's position... what is so new about this ?

and of course you loose the velocity component measuring the position and vice versa...
How is this a one only theory specific thing ? this is nothing new

he also says, (1:22) ...an basketball which wave function is uniformly disturbed across the basketball cort... bla bla

this is the thing in QM he is talking about... the wave function of an object... you know what it is ???
probability function !
means, where something probably can be found if you were looking for it.. got it ?

and if it is uniformly distributed ?? there is no answer for it. uniformly distributed -> everywhere at once

[sarcasm on] this is so genius !!!

telling the world "I know how it works" by telling us "we don't know for sure" or "you can't ask this question"

BS !!!

AND THE BEST !!!

@2:20 he says, "the world exists", we see things where they are and not everywhere, it is because of the valuation of the motion equation they have invented!

which literally means... our formula doesn't work and that's why we are here

GENIUS !!!

I think I shouldn't talk about the video itself, video as a message, Matrix associations and other clever tricks to sell the message !

edit on 25-12-2014 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

it would make taking a crap a very different experience.

As described in excruciatingly hilarious detail in in this book.

edit on 25/12/14 by Astyanax because: of Xmas

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Behold I give you more SUPERPOSITION!

So where is the BIG BANG according to superposition? Everywhere!

What is Quantum Superposition

Que the laughter!

edit on 25-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

There is a rather apt example included in the short vid below.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

The Original Double Slit Experiment
Light is so common that we rarely think about what it really is. But just over two hundred years ago, a groundbreaking experiment answered the question that had occupied physicists for centuries. Is light made up of waves or particles?

when you observe it as a wave, you cannot observe it as a particle. when you observe it as a particle, you cannot observe it as a wave. because we see both, we know that it is both, we have yet to come up with an experiment that allows both observations at the same moment

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Yes superposition is based on science and math, expiriments and such which are all factual.

However skeptics and science unbelivers just deny away based on nothing more than thier opinions.
That post appeared immediately after mine and wasn't addressed to anybody. I hope it wasn't intended as a rebuttal to my post because it completely fails to address the points I made explaining how the Copenhagen interpretation regarding superposition is only one possible interpretation of quantum mechanics. Here is a real physicist explaining why a careful look at that interpretation leads him to think it's not the correct interpretation, though he's not sure which other interpretation is correct, nobody is. But anyway the Copenhagen interpretation is far from a proven fact. The experiments are real and factual, but there are multiple ways to interpret the experimental results. Please watch the video cited below called Quantum Mechanics (an embarrassment), which explains that not even 50% of the scientists polled believe the Copenhagen interpretation is most likely.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
The scientific consensus is that the QM model makes accurate predictions so it's an effective model.
However there is no scientific consensus about the underlying reality of the model. The most popular interpretation is called the "Copenhagen interpretation", but there are others, some of which are discussed in this video:

Quantum Mechanics (an embarrassment) - Sixty Symbols

originally posted by: bigx001
we have yet to come up with an experiment that allows both observations at the same moment
What about these experiments?

Unsharp particle-wave duality in a photon split-beam experiment

In a quantum mechanical two-slit experiment one can observe a single photon simultaneously as particle (measuring the path) and as wave (measuring the interference pattern) if the path and the interference pattern are measured in the sense of unsharp observables. These theoretical predictions are confirmed experimentally by a photon split-beam experiment using a modified Mach---Zehnder interferometer.

Simultaneous wave and particle knowledge in a neutron interferometer

Complementarity in the double slit experiment...

A detailed analysis of Einstein's version of the double-slit experiment, in which one tries to observe both wave and particle properties of light, is performed. Quantum nonseparability appears in the derivation of the interference pattern, which proves to be surprisingly sharp even when the trajectories of the photons have been determined with fairly high accuracy.
For those who don't want to wade through the technical stuff, in general an observation tends to be one or the other (particle or wave), but given these three papers discuss the "gray area" where this doesn't hold, I don't think we can support the claim that "we have yet to come up with an experiment that allows both observations at the same moment". At the very least I think that would need to be worded more carefully in light of these experiments and papers.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

The beginning of the universe the big bang

Considering that the BIG BANG is the creation of the universe where is it actually located when we consider superposition?

Michio Kaku: What Is Dark Matter?

Now think that dark matter is 95%-96% of the universe including our own bodies. Yes we are dark energy and dark matter too, and expanding with the rest of the universe! Does that mean the BIG BANG is expanding the universe infinatly everywhere?

So if the BIG BANG is actually everywhere expanding everything as dark energy and dark matter which are invisible to us wouldnt that make us all no different than the big bang?

So at this point I wonder who is a believer of superposition and I am throwing down the Jerry Maguire card who is a believer in the science?

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

So at this point I wonder who is a believer of superposition and I am throwing down the Jerry Maguire card who is a believer in the science?
I believe in the experimental results.

Regarding the possible interpretations of those experimental results, I try to keep an open mind since there are many possible interpretations that have not been proven true or false. Particle superpostion as in the Copenhagen theory is one possibility of many.

It doesn't seem logical to me to take any kind of strong position for or against that possibility, or any of the alternatives, until we have some experimental evidence to suggest which is more likely, or perhaps the correct interpretation is one which hasn't occurred to us yet. For people who really believe in science and the scientific method, the most rational approach may be to see where the evidence leads (or conduct your own experiments revealing the truth if you're a researcher in this field).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join