It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Has Experienced, "A Healing Crisis" ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
There is a couple of threads on ATS right now (one on the front page) that continue to mock the cleanse/detox/fast issue.
Whereas there is some validity to gimmicky expensive products not doing all that they are billed to do, saying nothing works, ever, is also
wrong.

This thread is for ATS members that have experienced "The Healing Crisis" first hand. In other words whatever you tried within that group; it produced the "The healing Crisis" .

So for YOU it DID work.

This is when you are healthy and you take or stop taking food or supplements to the point that your body reacts with flu like symptoms usually for no more than 48 hours, after which you feel much better. Your body is cleaning out larger than normal amounts of stuff, due to a change of diet.
I can only say this happened to me once in my life when I fasted a few years ago.

If you have never experienced this, don't assume it's a "gimmick" just because you personally have never had this happen to you.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Same here. Its real enough, if done correctly. My father used to dabble in "Iridology", cleansing with herbs if done correctly is something I did for a month and swear by.

I think the nay sayers are part of the same junk food industry that wants everyone addicted to fat and sugar. Enjoy the resulting obesity.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Having had an eating disorder since I was a preteen, I have fasted a fair bit but have never had anything resembling flu-like symptoms. At most, I feel dazed, dizzy, I get head rushes, and I sleep like the dead. My best friend in highschool did experience fluish symptoms, however,when she went on a fast with me for 48 hours (drinking only water) whereas I did not.

Honestly, the only thing that I ever have noticed is an increase in watery stool when doing extreme dieting behavior (especially when combined with stimulants--like coffee or my adhd medication) (without the use of laxatives or anything). I think it's because they increase the metabolism and flush you out a bit when your stomach is empty. I've heard that that cayenne, lemon juice, honey thing is supposed to work but it sounds way too gross and I don't wanna drink it lol plus who the heck is masochistic enough to go through a two week cleanse of that?!! lol not me.

If you want to avoid any stomach issues I'd drink alkaline water or something to ph-balance your body because I'll bet that that's why some of you get those flu symptoms when fasting--due to acidity or whatever.

& maybe if you feel sick it is because you are sick/have caught a 24 hour bug or whatever. It happens imo. Especially if your body is in a state of shock, seems to make sense that before any immuno-boosting things occur that your body would reset and be more prone to minor bugs until your immune system got back up to speed.
edit on 24-12-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

new topics

join